Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Yeah pretty sure it's the board the light up feature is attached to that prevents the joint from getting enough give. Mine actually tore at the seam a little but luckily its not too noticeable now that the tail is actually in.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Yeah pretty sure it's the board the light up feature is attached to that prevents the joint from getting enough give. Mine actually tore at the seam a little but luckily its not too noticeable now that the tail is actually in.
a lot of people have torn tail pieces!
I uses hairdryer to loosen it to remove tail rather then trying to pull it out.
I got it packed up until I have new shelfs to display it

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

I'm in search for an X-Plus Godzilla (1991 Hokkaido Landing Ver.) for two years now. I could never find one for a reasonable price. I usually only collect BANDAI releases, but I want this as a stand-in for that Tamashii 'human-size' one, since it was made using the same sculpt. Since there is no re-issue of this particular figure on the horizon: could anyone possibly point me in the right direction via PM, if you know where to get one...? Thanks in advance!
Size DOES matter!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Petezilla wrote:I'm in search for an X-Plus Godzilla (1991 Hokkaido Landing Ver.) for two years now. I could never find one for a reasonable price. I usually only collect BANDAI releases, but I want this as a stand-in for that Tamashii 'human-size' one, since it was made using the same sculpt. Since there is no re-issue of this particular figure on the horizon: could anyone possibly point me in the right direction via PM, if you know where to get one...? Thanks in advance!
Are you a member of the X-plus group on facebook?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

shadowgigan wrote:
Petezilla wrote:I'm in search for an X-Plus Godzilla (1991 Hokkaido Landing Ver.) for two years now. I could never find one for a reasonable price. I usually only collect BANDAI releases, but I want this as a stand-in for that Tamashii 'human-size' one, since it was made using the same sculpt. Since there is no re-issue of this particular figure on the horizon: could anyone possibly point me in the right direction via PM, if you know where to get one...? Thanks in advance!
This.

Also... The '91 Hokkaido is a Yuji Sakai Modelling Collection release, and is also considered by many to be the creme-de-la-creme of not just X-Plus Godzilla, but the best Sakai release as well. This will never be a 'cheap' figure. I don't know what you consider "reasonable price" for this, but you should expect to be well north of $300 before shipping.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Looking forward to eventually getting some of the Singular Point kaiju in the line.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Looking forward to eventually getting some of the Singular Point kaiju in the line.
No doubt! I want everything we've seen so far anyway!
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

You guys ready for another Gigantic Shin re-issue? Godzilla Store exclusive "Awakening Purple Edition"...

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:
This.

Also... The '91 Hokkaido is a Yuji Sakai Modelling Collection release, and is also considered by many to be the creme-de-la-creme of not just X-Plus Godzilla, but the best Sakai release as well. This will never be a 'cheap' figure. I don't know what you consider "reasonable price" for this, but you should expect to be well north of $300 before shipping.
Thank you all for the advice! :D

As I said: I'm a BANDAI-only collector (to limit my space & spendings) and thus I don't know much about X-Plus other than that they look great and are expensive. So neither did I know that this particular figure/sculpt is praised and cherished that much, nor did I know the history behind it. Very interesting and makes sense to me now why BANDAI/Tamashii chose it for their human-sized one.

And I didn't exactly say that I want to get it for MSRP. That'll never happen and that's totally clear to me. However, I saw one for sale on a store website like 2 years ago (I don't remember which one) for less than $200 (I believe it was $189, though memory could have me wrong). I didn't have the funds ready to instantly buy it back then and I'm still a little sad... -_-

Well,I guess I'll have to wait for an eventual re-release in the worst case. Or just simply live without having one ~
Last edited by Petezilla on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Size DOES matter!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

ApexOversteer wrote:You guys ready for another Gigantic Shin re-issue? Godzilla Store exclusive "Awakening Purple Edition"...
Probably just an all purple translucent version like the red one from awhile back?
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Petezilla wrote:
ApexOversteer wrote:
shadowgigan wrote:
This.

Thank you all for the advice! :D

As I said: I'm a BANDAI-only collector (to limit my space & spendings) and thus I don't know much about X-Plus other than that they look great and are expensive. So neither did I know that this particular figure/sculpt is praised and cherished that much, nor did I know the history behind it. Very interesting and makes sense to me now why BANDAI/Tamashii chose it for their human-sized one.

And I didn't exactly say that I want to get it for MSRP. That'll never happen and that's totally clear to me. However, I saw one for sale on a store website like 2 years ago (I don't remember which one) for less than $200 (I believe it was $189, though memory could have me wrong). I didn't have the funds ready to instantly buy it back then and I'm still a little sad... -_-

Well,I guess I'll have to wait for an eventual re-release in the worst case. Or just simply live without having one ~
I paid $250 for mine in January, and although the price has definitely jumped I think if you play your cards right and wait, you can probably find one for around that range.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ApexOversteer wrote:You guys ready for another Gigantic Shin re-issue? Godzilla Store exclusive "Awakening Purple Edition"...
I might be Apex....got a link to the source? Can't find anything about it
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Wish I knew if it's going to be an event exclusive or what

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
This is literally all we have so far, the Godzilla Store's shout out in the itinerary for their Godzilla Online fest...

It says...

Gigantic Series
Godzilla 2016 Awakening Ver.
Godzilla Store Limited Purple Edition
Price Announced On The Day

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
This is literally all we have so far, the Godzilla Store's shout out in the itinerary for their Godzilla Online fest...

It says...

Gigantic Series
Godzilla 2016 Awakening Ver.
Godzilla Store Limited Purple Edition
Price Announced On The Day
Seems out of reach being exclusive to the godzilla store. Been wishing for a Gigantic shin but the prior releases are way out of being reasonable... price wise.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Seems out of reach being exclusive to the godzilla store. Been wishing for a Gigantic shin but the prior releases are way out of being reasonable... price wise.

Watch Awesome Collector closely... he has had the Godzilla Store Exclusives before... including the solid red Gigantical Shin...

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The other Awakening Shin was solid vinyl and just painted with purple accents correct? This one looks like it might be translucent purple vinyl.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ApexOversteer wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Seems out of reach being exclusive to the godzilla store. Been wishing for a Gigantic shin but the prior releases are way out of being reasonable... price wise.

Watch Awesome Collector closely... he has had the Godzilla Store Exclusives before... including the solid red Gigantical Shin...
I messaged him and he said he's going to try but no guarantees.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Deforeal SpaceGodzilla finally came in, and he's gorgeous. Didn't realize he needed AA batteries, though! Gonna have to hunt for those sometime.

Batteries get, he looks fantastic. His shoulder crystals glow just like in the movie, it's great.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Star Falcon
Samurai

Post by Star Falcon »

QQ - haven't bought an X-Plus figure... yet! However, I came across that Star Ace are releasing The Cyclops from the 7th Voyage of Sinbad next year which I am really interested in. I was just wondering, if Star Ace are a subsidiary of X-Plus or if anyone has any guidelines on what to look for when purchasing the figure? As much as I want to get it, it's pricey, so would appreciate any insights from the much wider folks in this thread on the item. Thanks! :)