Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Re: Official TK X-PLUS Collector's Discussion Group

Post by ApexOversteer »

Well, well, well... the standard and RIC 25cm G'19s are finally in collectors' hands and what does X-Plus & P-Bandai have for pre-order soon?

Yup. Translucent, 25cm Burning G'19, just as I predicted all spring/summer. The most blatant double wallet dip I've seen from X-Plus in a while...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Looks better than the Gigantic IMHO. The translucent vinyl really helps.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Yeah im sort of angry about this since I already ordered the Gigantic. May pre-order this as well though because I could see myself selling the gigantic downt the line.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

This baby showed up yesterday! I had to reorganize a few things on the shelf to make room for him. He looks like he's falling off in this photo, but I found a place where he securely sits. Only my second X Plus, but I love it!! I LOOOOOVE this thing!! As I sit here watching Gamera 2 on from my recently acquired Arrow set, I see his silhouette. The addition of the classic spines just adds SO much to this design.

Last edited by KingKaiju on Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

ApexOversteer wrote:Well, well, well... the standard and RIC 25cm G'19s are finally in collectors' hands and what does X-Plus & P-Bandai have for pre-order soon?

Yup. Translucent, 25cm Burning G'19, just as I predicted all spring/summer. The most blatant double wallet dip I've seen from X-Plus in a while...
And plenty of peoppe will gladly triple dip on it.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Annnnnnd ofc they did, so now I may have to triple dip on the same figure ughhhhjhhj

Where can we order? And when?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

_JNavs_ wrote:Annnnnnd ofc they did, so now I may have to triple dip on the same figure ughhhhjhhj

It's a P-Bandai exclusive, supposed to be going up today at some point.

https://p-bandai.com/us
Godzilla21 wrote:And plenty of peoppe will gladly triple dip on it.
Exactly why X-Plus did it this way. If some people had known this was coming, they would've waited, would not have bought the RIC. For them to drop this right as people were finally getting their STD or RIC (in fact many 2nd run RICs haven't even arrived yet) is very blatant and a little shitty, IMO...

I'm expecting plenty of triple dippers, but I'm also expecting a blizzard of RICs for sale on the FB Groups and eBay, as people try and recoup some money and get this one, the one they wanted in the first place...
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

_JNavs_ wrote:Annnnnnd ofc they did, so now I may have to triple dip on the same figure ughhhhjhhj

Its up on Awesome Collector now.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Well, I'm an idiot. Anyone else chose NOT to get that Premium Bandai/Star Ace 8 inch Kong? Now all the preorders are filled. Genius that I am, decided to not order it.

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

KingKaiju wrote:Well, I'm an idiot. Anyone else chose NOT to get that Premium Bandai/Star Ace 8 inch Kong? Now all the preorders are filled. Genius that I am, decided to not order it.

TBH, not a fan of that sculpt, and it doesn't scale with ANYTHING... I'm getting REBOR's 'Mountain Gorilla' for a small scale '05 Kong, and I'm hoping X-Plus does a 25cm GVK Kong for the middle scale, and I've already got their V1 Kong from Skull Island...

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

my G19 RIC just shipped

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

nekromantik wrote:my G19 RIC just shipped
Good luck... this one has had a ton of DOA lightups...

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:
nekromantik wrote:my G19 RIC just shipped
Good luck... this one has had a ton of DOA lightups...
yup! :freak:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

ApexOversteer wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Well, I'm an idiot. Anyone else chose NOT to get that Premium Bandai/Star Ace 8 inch Kong? Now all the preorders are filled. Genius that I am, decided to not order it.

TBH, not a fan of that sculpt, and it doesn't scale with ANYTHING... I'm getting REBOR's 'Mountain Gorilla' for a small scale '05 Kong, and I'm hoping X-Plus does a 25cm GVK Kong for the middle scale, and I've already got their V1 Kong from Skull Island...
Maybe I should wait for that. Or some kind of GvK Kong figure

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Gigantic '74 Standard MG arrived today. Figured I can put a $5 light set in him if I want to go for the RIC effect. Definitely more impressive than I originally thought. Decided to get him before the big mark ups set in as I opted out of the Gigantic Burning G'19 because of the paint app and non-translucent plastic. Pulled the trigger and it arrived in 2 shipping days from Japan which was a shock. Nothing beats the G-man but seeing a Gigantic sized villain is way too cool and articulation makes this guy over the top.

Added in 13 hours 11 minutes 19 seconds:
Looks like re-releasing Deforeals with a light-up gimmick is becoming a trend. Posted on the Shonen-Ric & AC websites for pre-order
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

got my LMS G19 RIC but wow the tail is a right b***h to get in!
keep using hairdryer on the hole but the outer parts of the hole are soft but its the inner area where its meant to go thats being difficult

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

nekromantik wrote:got my LMS G19 RIC but wow the tail is a right b***h to get in!
keep using hairdryer on the hole but the outer parts of the hole are soft but its the inner area where its meant to go thats being difficult
That exact piece you're talking about ended up tearing from the tail base itself for me, ended up needing to use super glue but the tail ended up going in, it was way more of a mess than the simple standard release
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

_JNavs_ wrote:
nekromantik wrote:got my LMS G19 RIC but wow the tail is a right b***h to get in!
That exact piece you're talking about ended up tearing from the tail base itself for me, ended up needing to use super glue but the tail ended up going in, it was way more of a mess than the simple standard release
yeah its not good.
mine still not gone in haha
now you mention that Im worried mine will snap if I press too hard

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Nekro, here is my process for the G'19...

Microwave 3-ish cups of water in a large mug or bowl for two minutes. Use tap water, or spring water, NEVER DISTILLED. Microwaving distilled water is extremely dangerous.

Put a baggie (ziploc sammich baggie) over the TAIL HOLE, like a condom to keep water out of the body, and immerse the TAIL HOLE in the hot water. Leave it in the water while the tail cools. I used a large pyrex measuring mug, and the Goji balanced easily on the rim with the TAIL HOLE in the water. The hot water should make the TAIL HOLE really squishy, floppy soft, and prevent tearing/cracking.

Put the TAIL in the freezer for 10 minutes.

After the 10 minutes, remove the TAIL from the freezer and wrap it in a towel, remove the TAIL HOLE from the hot water, remove the baggie condom. Wrapping the tail in the towel is for the spines, which will dig into your hand, and you might not put as much 'oomph' into the process.

If you look at the TAIL end on, you'll see the flange is roughly triangle shaped. Work the fat end of the triangle in to the TAIL HOLE first, and then with slight twisting, work the narrow end of the triangle into place.

You should feel, and may even hear a "pop" when the flange re-expands, and the install is made. The tail seam should all but disappear.

Hope This Helps!
Last edited by ApexOversteer on Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

nekromantik
Monsterland Worker

Post by nekromantik »

ApexOversteer wrote:Nekro, here is my process for the G'19...

Microwave 3-ish cups of water in a large mug or bowl for two minutes. Use tap water, or spring water, NEVER DISTILLED. Microwaving distilled water is extremely dangerous.

Put a baggie (ziploc sammich baggie) over the TAIL HOLE, like a condom to keep water out of the body, and immerse the TAIL HOLE in the hot water. Leave it in the water while the tail cools. I used a large pyrex measuring mug, and the Goji balanced easily on the rim with the TAIL HOLE in the water. The hot water should make the TAIL HOLE really squishy, floppy soft, and prevent tearing/cracking.

Put the TAIL in the freezer for 10 minutes.

After the 10 minutes, remove the TAIL from the freezer and wrap it in a towel, remove the TAIL HOLE from the hot water, remove the baggie condom. Wrapping the tail in the towel is for the spines, which will dig into your hand, and you might not put as much 'oomph' into the process.

If you look at the TAIL end on, you'll see the flange is roughly triangle shaped. Work the fat end of the triangle in to the TAIL HOLE first, and then with slight twisting, work the narrow end of the triangle into place.

You should feel, and may even hear a "pop" when the flange re-expands, and the install is made. The tail seam should all but disappear.

Hope This Helps!
Thanks
I ended up getting it in using hairdryer but for 5 mins instead of 2, Took a while but ended up going in!