What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Is the Iwakura Kamacuras/Minila set a new set, or an old one? If new, where can I get one?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It’s about 12 years or so old.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Is the Iwakura Kamacuras/Minila set a new set, or an old one? If new, where can I get one?
"Like New - Used"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Tyrannicus
Yojimbo

Post by Tyrannicus »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ Is the Iwakura Kamacuras/Minila set a new set, or an old one? If new, where can I get one?
Search eBay for Iwakura and you'll likely find them. They make nice companions to High Grade figures. :)

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

October has been fun...

NECA Alien: Ressurection Xenomorph, and the Titans Vinyl Parker and Big Chap "munny-style" figures...

Finally unboxed the three Nenderoids from August, Black Panther Infinity War DX, Iron Man Infinity War DX and Deadpool DX... these sat for so long because they require a level of assembly and I didn't really have time until this past week...

Hasbro has released a new series of Star Wars figures, the Galaxy Of Adventures line, which feature characters presented in an animation style, rather than realistic... I grabbed Darth Vader and the Droids Three Pack with R2-D2, D-0 and BB8 (Not shown)...

I also grabbed a set of Dragonball Z Gashapons with Goku UltraInstinct, FutureTrunks, Cell, Goku Black Rose, SS Goku, SS Goten, Whiss, Broly... I'll take photos of them for next time... because I have some very special DBZ characters in very specific poses coming soon... a group I've wanted in my collection for 30+ years... I cannot wait!

Last edited by ApexOversteer on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Repurchased a tagged Bandai Destoroyah agreggate form. Sold it years ago. Tag is better now at least. Not much difference in price.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Steel Hellkite
Samurai

Post by Steel Hellkite »

Can't get my account to function to show pictures at the moment for some reason, but just picked up a 10 in trendmasters Mothra, Rodan, Gigan, and a 6in SpaceGodzilla for 60 dollars off of Craigslist. All but the gign are in boxes.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

@Rody: I got those two( TWO of each, actually )in my Shingeki Taizen #2 box from HLJ. Getting them by the BOX straight from Japan is always the most economical way to go. $4 and some change apiece, that way... :D

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

8-)

The stuff towards the bottom, is CAST Godzilla stuff, like the ANEB, and the two statues from GMK, as well as a Godzilla memorial plaque. I won them in a lottery.
This doesn’t include my sweet Gabara t shirt and some folders I bought.

Also...do I open this:

Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yes, open it. There have been issues in the past of the outgassing vinyl reacting badly with the chemicals in the plastic bags and ruining the figure if they are left sealed for too long. If you’re concerned about resale value you can save the bag and header card separately. I don’t think too many collectors of these types of figures care much about buying older pieces still mint in the original bag (I know I don’t). Not the way, say, vintage Star Wars figures are worth exponentially more if they’re still sealed on the card.

At least, that’s my experience. There may be more knowledgeable people who would give you different advice.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

canofhumdingers wrote:Yes, open it. There have been issues in the past of the outgassing vinyl reacting badly with the chemicals in the plastic bags and ruining the figure if they are left sealed for too long. If you’re concerned about resale value you can save the bag and header card separately. I don’t think too many collectors of these types of figures care much about buying older pieces still mint in the original bag (I know I don’t). Not the way, say, vintage Star Wars figures are worth exponentially more if they’re still sealed on the card.

At least, that’s my experience. There may be more knowledgeable people who would give you different advice.
I opened it. It looks really nice next to the showa retro Godzilla. I had no intent of buying it to resell it, I was just wondering if there was something to be frowned upon like removing tags.

With this, my small Marusan Ghidorah and Hedorah I now feel like I collect rare Godzilla stuff :)
I do need to get new shelves though for my apartment.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

What's the blue and red 1954 bandai called? I've never seen it before.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jetty_Jags wrote:What's the blue and red 1954 bandai called? I've never seen it before.
Unfortunately it was an exclusive made specifically for a big Godzilla festival yesterday that I went to. It’s just a special variation called “Retro-Godzilla”. Unlike the other things I got that we’re one per customer, you’ll could get 5, so I’m sure that it will be possible to buy them, albeit at an insanely high price in the future.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Jetty_Jags wrote:What's the blue and red 1954 bandai called? I've never seen it before.
Unfortunately it was an exclusive made specifically for a big Godzilla festival yesterday that I went to. It’s just a special variation called “Retro-Godzilla”. Unlike the other things I got that we’re one per customer, you’ll could get 5, so I’m sure that it will be possible to buy them, albeit at an insanely high price in the future.

You can find them at yahoo japan. I grabbed one for $40. Will have to pick up some other things to make shipping worthwhile from the 3rd party buyer. Saw one on ebay for $92 but way too high.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Pre-ordered CHODO Ultraman gashapon set Vol. 6 Box of 10 at HLJ a couple weeks ago. On "Order Stop" status now. The casepack is different than previous boxes. There are FOUR figures, not three, and ONE accessory pack. Mebius, Mebius Brave, Ultraman Agul, and Kyrieloid. Accessory pack contains stuff for all 4 figures to use. Might be two of everything in this one. BTW, Zetton was a short-pack in the Vol. 4 set...

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Besides the Bandai Retro Godzilla mentioned above, I also picked up a tagged Bandai 1975 Godzilla from the toy dream project set. I already had the Titanosaurus standard release.
Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Besides the Bandai Retro Godzilla mentioned above, I also picked up a tagged Bandai 1975 Godzilla from the toy dream project set. I already had the Titanosaurus standard release.
Sorry for the ignorance, but what's the toy dream project?

And yeah, one monster I'm fatally lacking in my collection is Titanosaurus.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Besides the Bandai Retro Godzilla mentioned above, I also picked up a tagged Bandai 1975 Godzilla from the toy dream project set. I already had the Titanosaurus standard release.

Here is some info on the '75 Goji/Titano set. The other toy dream set is the '55 Goji/ anguirus which is considerably less in value.
http://www.clubtokyo.org/listings/itemL ... entID=1903
Resized Image

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:

Here is some info on the '75 Goji/Titano set. The other toy dream set is the '55 Goji/ anguirus which is considerably less in value.
http://www.clubtokyo.org/listings/itemL ... entID=1903
Aaah Clubtokyo. I used to go on that site a ton when I was younger to look at vinyls. Whatever happened to them updating the site?