What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Leviarex »

The first ultra kaiju to be added to the toy branch of my collection courtesy of Amazon:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Bought one of those Hot Topic keychains that popped up in one of these threads a while back that no one can find any information on.

Honestly, they look pretty good, and scale well with the Shokugan figures. I took the keychain off of mine.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks weirdly similar to the Diamond Select bank

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:38 pm Looks weirdly similar to the Diamond Select bank

There are some noticeable similarities, but as far as I can tell, this isn't a playmates situation.

Now, I should mention for anyone considering buying them. They come in blind bags, so you don't know what you get, and while this Mechagodzilla looks pretty good, it also requires very little paint compared to other figures, so I cannot say definitively that the other figures are equally good. I will be buying more though, so I'll talk about them at a later date.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Oh yeah, I was just saying it's odd how two American companies produced similar looking yet still "off" Mechagodzilla heads.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:45 pm Oh yeah, I was just saying it's odd how two American companies produced similar looking yet still "off" Mechagodzilla heads.
The Bandai America Mechagodzilla head also felt a bit off, now that I think about it. Guess its just an American thing to fuck up Mechagodzilla.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

X-Plus 30 CM Megalon

Mondo 8" Pulgasari, 8" version

Was a toss up if I wanted to spend nearly double the amount for the larger, 12" figure. While I love the movie and the monster itself, and I'd love to own it... I got to start thinking of shelf space.

And then the Spark Dolls of Ultraman Z Gamma Future and Delta Rise Claw forms, Pandenium Zetton and Barossa Seijin. Almost done catching up on Z figures.

My wallet hurts.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Whoa, that Pulgasari looks fantastic! I don't think I've even seen a picture of it before.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Ugh I want that Pulgasari so badly. Such an amazing piece honestly. Fascinating film.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I just bought the Bandai MMS Godzilla Ultima, and instantly regretted it cause I got scalped. I really gotta work on impulse control -_-
At the very least, I got it for the cheapest price available on eBay.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 am I just bought the Bandai MMS Godzilla Ultima, and instantly regretted it cause I got scalped. I really gotta work on impulse control -_-
At the very least it'll be nice in your line up of gojis. Be aware of its tail length though, it's about the same as Shin.

Also, I'm tempted to start getting into hardcore Hedorah collecting, but I should really save money.
I'm really considering this, might get it for a bday for myself:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:10 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 am I just bought the Bandai MMS Godzilla Ultima, and instantly regretted it cause I got scalped. I really gotta work on impulse control -_-
At the very least it'll be nice in your line up of gojis. Be aware of its tail length though, it's about the same as Shin.

Also, I'm tempted to start getting into hardcore Hedorah collecting, but I should really save money.
I'm really considering this, might get it for a bday for myself:
Must resist dirrrty joke from that Hedorah sucking on the pipe...... Lord help me get through this.

Safe.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Hedorah in that pic happens to look just like an LSD Jellyfish :lol:
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, it's been on order since October or November, and it FINALLY came in stock. So, at long f'n last...

Marmit Shin Godzilla

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^Oooo, I want!
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:45 pm Well, it's been on order since October or November, and it FINALLY came in stock. So, at long f'n last...

https://scontent.fwbw1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=606FCAD2

Marmit Shin Godzilla
Got mine in. Well worth the wait. More in the Marmit Thread - but kudos to whoever was the sculptor for these.

Resized Image

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Where do you guys buy your Marmits?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:44 pm Where do you guys buy your Marmits?
https://mct.tokyo/en/collections/sofvi

The Shins were USA shipping only, I don't know about anything else.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Awesome, thank you! Just ordered the clear purple Heat Ray version, my first stylized figure purchase.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Finally will be getting on the big Bandai America Gigan, which will look lovely next to the big Goji and Mechagodzilla. THE TAIL IS INCLUDED!!! I offered to pay $70, since I was asking the seller to reserve it for me until I get paid on Tuesday. But he was super nice and let me have it for $50. I technically haven't paid for it yet, but since I am "committed to buying it" through eBay, I thought Id mention it here. It is missing the mandibles, and because I am so OCD about that, I bought a second one that had the mandibles but was missing the tail, for only $20. I'll be frankensteining them together.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.