Petition for Bandai Creation to Release Anguirus 1955

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Petition for Bandai Creation to Release Anguirus 1955

Post by KaijuFiend »

Chris55 wrote:Hey. Hold a petition. Bring in 6k signatures of people who want it. Start up the petition and I'll throw it off to Bandai
So, fellow TKers, it's happening. Please sign, and invite friends and family members to sign as well. Even if you have no interest in the figure, I would greatly appreciate it if you sign anyway (it won't hurt). Help us make it a reality!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/peti ... e-anguirus

Edit: added Mecha King Ghidorah to the petition.
Last edited by KaijuFiend on Wed May 28, 2014 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Re: Petition for Bandai Creation to Release Anguirus 1955

Post by KaijuFiend »

Thank you very much :)

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

Why isn't this a petition for them to release both Anguirus '55 and Mecha-King Ghidorah, whom they also have a sculpt for? Both figs are in the same state of limbo: Sculpted and shown, but never released, despite presumably being ready to go. More fans will sign who may really want one of the figures, but not care so much for the other. 6K is a lot of sigs for a small fandom (3x the attendance of G-Fest), and Godzilla awareness is at an all-time high thanks to the success of Godzilla 2014. So change the petition to show MKG some love! Because as is, it is poorly done and will fail.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Signed. Ill throw it around as well
Resized Image

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

Zillamon51 wrote:Why isn't this a petition for them to release both Anguirus '55 and Mecha-King Ghidorah, whom they also have a sculpt for? Both figs are in the same state of limbo: Sculpted and shown, but never released, despite presumably being ready to go. More fans will sign who may really want one of the figures, but not care so much for the other. 6K is a lot of sigs for a small fandom (3x the attendance of G-Fest), and Godzilla awareness is at an all-time high thanks to the success of Godzilla 2014. So change the petition to show MKG some love! Because as is, it is poorly done and will fail.
I would assume MKG and ShodaiAngira would be released either in the summer or December, because I would assume either they're doing safety examinations, ensuring a quality product or the two were simply backlogged by the G'14 toys.

And just because the petition doesn't have MKG in it doesn't mean it'll fail. ;) Hell, if this poll goes over smashingly, it'll probably convince Bandai that the more obscure monsters like MKG and incarnations of other characters like Anguirus are what we, as the consumer of the products, want. They will listen to us as Bandai is a buisness, and thus they want to appeal to us and get as much sales of their products as possible.

Consumers do have power, even if not in the excecutive chair.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Jiragozira14 wrote: I would assume MKG and ShodaiAngira would be released either in the summer or December, because I would assume either they're doing safety examinations, ensuring a quality product or the two were simply backlogged by the G'14 toys.

Do you have any idea how old those prototypes are?

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Those were supposed to be wave 2 toys....
I don't even know what wave we're at now, 6.3?

Shame that there's no way we could possibly get them to release TokyoVinyl Ghidorah, that looked awesome.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Even though I don't want the figure I signed the petition for you gents that do.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

davezilla
Yojimbo

Post by davezilla »

signed as well....more BC figures the better for US fans, especially those on a budget!
I need a cool signature....*sobs into pillow*

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Well the Anguirus figure is what we specifically talked about in the Bandai Creation thread. If this is successful, maybe I'll start a second poll for the MKG. I figured, let's focus on one figure at a time. Also, it was Chris who recommended doing this. I would assume he has a pretty good knowledge base of what it might take to get a figure released, and he obviously believes that this has a chance to work.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Well, signed. Now we wait till Fall 2015 if they decided to listen.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Signed, even though I've stop collecting figures.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Underworld54 wrote:Even though I don't want the figure I signed the petition for you gents that do.
you a good man (insert Charlie Brown here)

Anywho, I just wanted to thank KaijuFiend and Chris(sorta) for starting this poll. It will be a dream come true for both me and my brother(his favorite movie is G:RA) if this figure is released. Ill gobble this sucker up so fast if its released.

Also, if they did a fusion figure of this guy in translucent red, id totally pick that up as well.
Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Signed. We want Anguirus '55!!!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Chris55 wrote:
Starsteam wrote:Those were supposed to be wave 2 toys....
I don't even know what wave we're at now, 6.3?

Shame that there's no way we could possibly get them to release TokyoVinyl Ghidorah, that looked awesome.
I pester them for the prototype :)
If you got that sucker, I imagine a photo shoot would be in order?
Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ I want the Minya prototype - you could scare little kids with that thing...

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Bah, says I need JavaScript in order to sign it, which I do not have.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

^you dont need to sign-in in order to vote(at least for me)

Anywho, to commemorate this, I made and Anguirus 1955 sprite. It turned out...ok
Resized Image

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Nice sprites :)

Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Post by Zillamon51 »

KaijuFiend wrote:Well the Anguirus figure is what we specifically talked about in the Bandai Creation thread. If this is successful, maybe I'll start a second poll for the MKG. I figured, let's focus on one figure at a time. Also, it was Chris who recommended doing this. I would assume he has a pretty good knowledge base of what it might take to get a figure released, and he obviously believes that this has a chance to work.
I'm a big advocate for doing things right the first time. It would have been super easy, just some keystrokes, to add MKG to that petition. One and done, instead of talking up and promoting this on various forums for weeks / months / however the fuck long it takes to get 6,000 sigs. Then waiting for Bandai to maybe work it into their future plans (they're not going to drop everything and fast-track it). Then who knows how long before the actual fig is on store shelves? Another year? Maybe two? And when you finally have that Anguirus in your greasy little hands, you'll start the whole thing all over again for MKG? Really? I find your lack of foresight disappointing.

You know, the fact that they have two finished, publicly shown prototypes in their vaults, and only one inspires a petition, is just as likely to hurt MKG's chances as help. "Oh, no fanboy love for this guy? He must really suck. Let's just reissue Burning Godzilla again!" :roll: