Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Found this really cool glass/metal entertainment shelf thing that someone was throwing out today. Finally gave me the spot to put all my non kaiju shogun warriors and better display some of my other things.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Thegarbagemonster
G-Force Personnel

Postby Thegarbagemonster » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:48 am

This isn't all of my collection, I have some NECAs, some 98 babies, some imperial/dormei stuff and some Jakks. But this is my Bandai collection! (also featuring the Playmates 05 Kong and the Trendmasters 98 Godzilla, just bc it felt right)

I'm really proud of this! I just put the shelves up today. I'd always wanted a Godzilla collection as a kid, but until the newer Movie Monsters line, you just couldn't get any in my country apart from second-hand collector's stuff and the 1998 stuff. But now I have almost a complete (current series) Movie Monsters collection (excluding variants and exclusives *stares longingly at Shin Ghidorah and Frozen Shin*) and I feel like a hole within me is being filled!

Sidenote- Yeah, those are Skylanders and Scooby Doo posters, lol. I still actually like Scooby Doo, but those posters have been there for a decade or more for my younger sister, before the room became mine. Just didn't feel right to take them down- they're her legacy to this room! :mrgreen:

Sidenote 2- They're all in rough chronological order apart from Shin, because I felt he needed his own space.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

JAGzilla
Keizer

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:05 pm

^ Besides being a very cool setup (I particularly like the chronological order aspect), this was a very important post for me. I've been eyeing that Mecha-Ghidorah for like a year, but in a review video I watched a while back, the heads were terrible, didn't look anything like the picture on Amazon, so I've been passing... but here your figure looks perfectly great, so clearly I was watching a review of the wrong figure or something. I'll be getting one of my own ASAP, so thanks! :lol:
"When you're serious about having fun, it isn't much fun at all!" -Calvin

_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:07 pm

Most, if not all of my bandai vinyls are stored away for safekeeping, those are like my childhood so i want them as protected as possible. This is an updated look at my Kaiju shelves, if any of you guys would like to see a closer look at any part of the shelves, do let me know!!

(custom methuselah not yet painted)

(KOTM walmart Godzilla sitting in place of the NECA 24 inch i have arriving soon)
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

UltramanGoji
Justiriser

Postby UltramanGoji » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:20 pm

What's the depth on your shelves? I've been meaning to make some for my figures but can never figure out how deep I want them to be.

_JNavs_
Xilien Halfling

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:55 pm

UltramanGoji wrote:What's the depth on your shelves? I've been meaning to make some for my figures but can never figure out how deep I want them to be.

Mine are about 8-10 inches depending on the shelf, as long as you take their tails into consideration you should be good. The MV shelf is exactly ten inches, which i'd say is the ideal depth for a kaiju shelf. That way you have some wiggle room to keep some figures behind others.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice. The Tegu King. We Are Legion.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
G-Grasper

Postby GodzillaXGomoraFight » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 am

Here is a link to the latest pictures of my collection. Most of my figures are included in these pictures with the exception of my 2019 Monsterarts Godzilla and NECA Rodan, which I have displayed in my apartment down in Philly. I reorganized my shelves back home a few months ago and I think it is the most dynamic display I've come up with for my figures ever. As you can see though, my shelves are pretty much at capacity and there is not much more room for newer figures to come in, so I've had to rotate some old figures out (BC GMK Godzilla and FW Anguirus).

https://imgur.com/gallery/rVK00vh

canofhumdingers
G-Force Personnel

Postby canofhumdingers » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:53 am

*sigh.........*

“Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind.”
~The Doctor

Sachiel
Monarch Researcher

Postby Sachiel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:50 pm

canofhumdingers wrote:*sigh.........*

Your moving?

canofhumdingers
G-Force Personnel

Postby canofhumdingers » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:06 pm

Already moved. (Pics of the dismantlement/packing up of my previous display are earlier in this thread)

That’s a pic of my collection in its current state. I had grand plans of doing a full renovation of the basement in our new place that would include a home theater and a dedicated display area/room.

Unfortunately the fallout of Covid-19 looks like there’s about to be big layoffs and pay cuts at work so those plans are on indefinite hold.
~The Doctor

smotemotem
Young Farmer

Postby smotemotem » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:39 am

Hey gang! First post here. I collect soft vinyl toys (mostly Toho, and mostly repros of the old 60's & 70's sculpts). Here's my current collection. Hoping to add one or two more monsters before the end of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all, and sharing the love of giant monsters!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
Monarch Researcher

Postby Gomi: Ninja Monster » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:38 am

smotemotem wrote:Image

Hey gang! First post here. I collect soft vinyl toys (mostly Toho, and mostly repros of the old 60's & 70's sculpts). Here's my current collection. Hoping to add one or two more monsters before the end of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know y'all, and sharing the love of giant monsters!
Welcome! Seems like a nice collection, the larval Mothras are adorable.

Tytyvyllvs
Yojimbo

Postby Tytyvyllvs » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:48 am

Here's the current state of my kaiju shelves (sans the Pacific Rim shelf I forgot to take a picture of). The KotM Deforeal display will be complete when the RIC Burning Godzilla is released, and I'm only missing Shin from my MonsterArts wishlist now! The X-Plus 25cm KotM line-up will be my next focus...

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Tytyvyllvs wrote:[Here's the current state of my kaiju shelves (sans the Pacific Rim shelf I forgot to take a picture of). The KotM Deforeal display will be complete when the RIC Burning Godzilla is released, and I'm only missing Shin from my MonsterArts wishlist now! The X-Plus 25cm KotM line-up will be my next focus...

Very nice!!
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:48 pm

I was finally able to ready a full size room in my house for my collection display. Furniture went out earlier in the week. Spent today fixing the floor gouges, spakling & touching up the wall paint, cleaning and prepping etc. Moved all my empty boxes into the closet. Tomorrow starts the big move up from the basement room.
Resized Image

canofhumdingers
G-Force Personnel

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 pm

^fun times! Funnily, I’m in the exact opposite position. After finally moving to our new house, I’m in the process of prepping an extra bedroom to be a temporary display until I’m able to renovate my basement which will be my collection’s permanent home. I can’t wait to start unboxing everything in earnest. I’ve opened a few items but most of my collection has been packed up for 6 or 7 months now :freak:
~The Doctor

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 am

canofhumdingers wrote:^fun times! Funnily, I’m in the exact opposite position. After finally moving to our new house, I’m in the process of prepping an extra bedroom to be a temporary display until I’m able to renovate my basement which will be my collection’s permanent home. I can’t wait to start unboxing everything in earnest. I’ve opened a few items but most of my collection has been packed up for 6 or 7 months now :freak:

[Several years later...] Damn that sucked. I've come to the realization that I have too much stuff. One more thing to hang up (ceiling mount Mattel Rodan) and the room will be complete. Thats for another day. After thought....one project led to another & another etc... I'll take new pics after that is done.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

DirektorSplennic
G-Grasper

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:17 am

Here're some updated pics of my shelfs. I got all the NECA Gojis I wanted, more vinyls, and added some of my customs to the shelf (the printed tanks and buildings I didn't make, just found and printed):
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Imagine being such a piece of poop you think someone should slowly suffer and die because they're making it harder for you to buy children's dinosaur toys.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:19 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:Here're some updated pics of my shelfs. I got all the NECA Gojis I wanted, more vinyls, and added some of my customs to the shelf (the printed tanks and buildings I didn't make, just found and printed):

Very nice Splennic. Just havr paint those printed creations of yours to make them shine.
Resized Image

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”