Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Re: Display Your Collection

Postby JAGzilla » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:29 am

This thread is simultaneously inspiring and soul-crushing.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Interpol Agent

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:01 pm

JAGzilla wrote:This thread is simultaneously inspiring and soul-crushing.

Always good to see. Thats why like 18-20 years ago I had a website focusing on detailed descriptions of Godzilla vinyls. The best part was the collection pics that viewers would send with their own write ups that I would post on their own page showcasing each.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:58 am

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:

Always good to see. Thats why like 18-20 years ago I had a website focusing on detailed descriptions of Godzilla vinyls. The best part was the collection pics that viewers would send with their own write ups that I would post on their own page showcasing each.

What was the website?
Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
Interpol Agent

Postby Godzilla Vinyl Mania » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:03 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:

What was the website?

My user name on here.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am

ImageGot my collection mostly back up, figured I'd show it off for once.
Last edited by Steel Hellkite on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Ivo-goji » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:56 am

Serious question: how y'all manage dusting this stuff?

Like just my tiny little stack of Godzilla dvds is a pain in the butt to keep clean and organized, I can't imagine maintaining these huge collections of figures in a presentable state.
Resized Image

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Steel Hellkite
Yojimbo

Postby Steel Hellkite » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:24 am

I take mine all down every 6-8 months or so. Really not too bad, it takes a few hours obviously. It's just maintenance.

canofhumdingers
Yin-Yang Master

Postby canofhumdingers » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:52 am

I keep as much as possible behind glass doors in display cabinets. It DRAMATICALLY cuts down the amount of dusting needed.

JAGzilla
Kwaidan

Postby JAGzilla » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:05 am

Heh, yeah, the dusting is obnoxious. The main problem in my house is the spiders, though. They're just these harmless, spindly things that aren't dangerous or intimidating in the least, and I generally like having them around to keep insects under control, but they build webs all the hell over everything. My collection is constantly getting festooned and I have to de-web it every few months.

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:19 am

JAGzilla wrote:Heh, yeah, the dusting is obnoxious. The main problem in my house is the spiders, though. They're just these harmless, spindly things that aren't dangerous or intimidating in the least, and I generally like having them around to keep insects under control, but they build webs all the hell over everything. My collection is constantly getting festooned and I have to de-web it every few months.

I don't have anything against spiders, but if I suddenly woke up to spider webs all over my collection, I'd probably lose my poop.

#Ghidildo

MrRockett wrote:Late to this quote but if that turd burglar ever even made any threatening comments to me I’d find him and hammer him through the floor, go to the kitchen and have his mom make me lunch then set her up on a date with some Hells Angels so she doesn’t have to endure the shame that came out of her womb on YouTube...

ApexOversteer
Interpol Agent

Postby ApexOversteer » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Every couple weeks I go around with the air-in-a-can, and every 6/8 months I re-arrange stuff and do a full dusting then.

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:37 pm

Speaking of spiders, guess I can share my own "horror" story of a spider in the collection. Was doing a usual shelf cleaning and got to my Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla. Turns out a spider made a nest inside of its mouth/neck and when I began to clean, hundreds of baby spiders began to swarm. Quickly got a vacuum and began sucking them all up and took some good, warm and soapy water to the inside of the mouth and joints.
Did you miss me?

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:22 am

MM Raids Again wrote:Speaking of spiders, guess I can share my own "horror" story of a spider in the collection. Was doing a usual shelf cleaning and got to my Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla. Turns out a spider made a nest inside of its mouth/neck and when I began to clean, hundreds of baby spiders began to swarm. Quickly got a vacuum and began sucking them all up and took some good, warm and soapy water to the inside of the mouth and joints.

Jesus Christ...

#Ghidildo

MoK 13
Samurai

Postby MoK 13 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:17 pm

MM Raids Again wrote:Speaking of spiders, guess I can share my own "horror" story of a spider in the collection. Was doing a usual shelf cleaning and got to my Trendmasters Ultimate Godzilla. Turns out a spider made a nest inside of its mouth/neck and when I began to clean, hundreds of baby spiders began to swarm. Quickly got a vacuum and began sucking them all up and took some good, warm and soapy water to the inside of the mouth and joints.

:D It would be super funny if it happened with a Kumonga
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

Destroy All Monsters - We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

master_of_monsters
G-Grasper

Postby master_of_monsters » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Image my Christmas setup
Last edited by master_of_monsters on Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
your source of self destruction

MM Raids Again
Futurian

Postby MM Raids Again » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:18 am

Finally found a suitable home for those random, blind bag rubber keychain things. Managed to get all of the classic ones.

And had to make some room for Deforeal stuff.

Did you miss me?

master_of_monsters
G-Grasper

Postby master_of_monsters » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:16 am

MM Raids Again wrote:Finally found a suitable home for those random, blind bag rubber keychain things. Managed to get all of the classic ones.

And had to make some room for Deforeal stuff.

kind of looks like 98 is taking notes on how to godzilla
your source of self destruction

goji89
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby goji89 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:07 pm

master_of_monsters wrote:
kind of looks like 98 is taking notes on how to godzilla

:lol: ........ Damn. That was good.
https://kaijugalaxy.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: Tsuburaya's sloppy puppets and bad Kong suits.

KingKaiju
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby KingKaiju » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:16 pm

DirektorSplennic wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Always good to see. Thats why like 18-20 years ago I had a website focusing on detailed descriptions of Godzilla vinyls. The best part was the collection pics that viewers would send with their own write ups that I would post on their own page showcasing each.

What was the website?

My user name on here.

Heeeyyyyy! you're the one with that site with listing all the Bandai vinyl figures and the history behind them?! That site was awesome!!

DirektorSplennic
JXSDF Technician

Postby DirektorSplennic » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:42 pm

KingKaiju wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:What was the website?

My user name on here.

Heeeyyyyy! you're the one with that site with listing all the Bandai vinyl figures and the history behind them?! That site was awesome!!

Wait a second. Is it Vinylmaddness? I loved that site!

#Ghidildo

Return to “Toho Toys, Models and Collectibles”