Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Zilla103192 »

I also use amazon for my Goji shopping.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

Well, it's not much of a display yet. I need to get my home theater spruced up and possibly buy a display case for these. When I do, I'll be sure to post.

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

Yeah, it's just barely taller than the Anguirus box. I love this "figure" line, I just wish they would have consistent packaging. It bugs me the reissue Gigan and the Jet Jaguar don't have the same look and feel as the rest. Ah well. I guess the figure is the most important thing, right? :-)

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

Nice collection Legion!

I had all the Bandai figures (from early 80's thru the movie just before "Final Wars") but became disillusioned with it when they switched to the 6" format, so I sold it all.

Bio_Goji_89
GPN Volunteer

Post by Bio_Goji_89 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Half of the stuff that you find on Ebay need Paypal and I don't use Paypal (I used Mastercard).
You can open a Paypal account with a Mastercard. I have mine set up that way. You need to link a checking account if I recall, but you don't necessarily have to use it.

And dude above - if you didn't like the 6" line, you know you still could have... kept the 8" stuff, right? :huge:

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

Bio_Goji_89 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Half of the stuff that you find on Ebay need Paypal and I don't use Paypal (I used Mastercard).
You can open a Paypal account with a Mastercard. I have mine set up that way. You need to link a checking account if I recall, but you don't necessarily have to use it.

And dude above - if you didn't like the 6" line, you know you still could have... kept the 8" stuff, right? :huge:
Call me weird but the switch to the 6" line ruined it for me. I felt I wanted the stuff they were making in 6" because they hadn't made them before in the larger size but adding them would have thrown the scaling off. And since they were making stuff in the 6" line they hadn't before, my collection was incomplete so I decided to sell it all. I don't regret it. I'm enjoying the X-Plus line a lot. As long as they eventually make all the Showa figures, I'll be happy.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

This is where I put my issues of G:KOM issues 1 and 2 along with the first cover varriant of GANGSTERS and GOLIATHS.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:Did you ever eat corn cobs that people mistook for a gun? :P

Nuk nuk nuk nuk.
I love how if we weren't all Godzilla nerds here, you'd sound completely --------.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

Here's mine...
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Fairy Mothra wrote:I rearranged mine since I got some new stuff. this is the majority of it, not counting the things that are too big to fit on the shelf.

I sees the Candyzilla! :mrgreen:

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Fairy Mothra wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:Brit, your Marmits really punch up that collection. So cool.
Thanks! I'm in love with them. I plan on buying more as soon as I've got the cash, and I'm making a want list of ones to keep my eye out for on ebay. I'm addicted to them because they really give my collection some color. I love the way they look on the shelf.
You and me both. I hope we don't end up fighting over them, haha! Just bought a Parababy Crawling Hedorah, one of the figs, that when I first started looking into Marmits after buying my PB Varan, I said, "Must Have."

I'm pretty excited about getting it and there's something about knowing how rare these things are that make it so rewarding when you snag one. I don't have that many, only 5, and 3 are Parababies, but I definitely want more and am looking at trying to find a Monster Heaven GMK Goji, but I need to save up for my pre-orders (Figuarts Kamen Rider Knight and Monsterarts G and MG) and make some payments on my credit after this summer...
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

^Oh holy S#!t, you have that big Superhuman Samurai Dragon-zord thing???

Oh God, I had that and the big Ultraman-type fig that went with it when I was a kid!

I never really knew what the show was until I got older 'cause it was never on any channel I had, but oh God, I bought those things as soon as I saw them.
They, to this day, were some of the coolest toys I've ever owned and still kick myself that I didn't keep them.

I could spend, literally, hours taking the dragon apart and reforming it and attaching the pieces to the Ultra-dude...God.

Sorry, but those things take me back.
Man, the way you could put the dragons arms on the guys shoulders, then extend them and it looked like he had, like, snake-arms with big gold claws coming out of his shoulders AND holding a dragon headed cannon as big as his body...Jeez, isn't that the reason we own toys?

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

I don't have too many figures to display... But I have been collecting the different covers of the recent IDW comics. I just picked up #4 for G&G today, so add all 3 covers to these.

I have two black and white 1:10 variants of G&G issue 1 because the first one I got looked like someone with oily hands touched ALL OVER the cover. I got the second copy along with the B&W cover of #2 for $5, with $2.50 S&H, so I figured why not?

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Tyler wrote:Man, your comic shop must kickass.

They do, actually. They're in the business to actually help the customers. They've been known to order extras JUST so the absolute-most diehard collector can get what they want, and with a 10% discount.

Though I hopped on the comic train a little late, and I had to buy the incentive covers for KoM 1-4 and G&G 1&2 on eBay.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

Monster Master wrote:By God...

All those IDW Comics lined up... Best picture on this page of the thread so far. Easily worth the money you spent.

I'm still missing my white whale.... 5 or so days, though, and one will be on its way to me.

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Legion1979 wrote:The Ultramonster collection is out of control. And this is just stuff made before 1997.
Good grief, Legion...*kneels, bows head, and shuffles backward out of the room*

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Jomei wrote:Legion, I ask this with no disrespect intended. I am genuinely curious; do you still get excited and enjoy each new figure, or does it get to a point where it's just like... +1 to the collection, check another off the list?

I ask because, while I'm still *far* from your collection, mine has sprung up rapidly since I've started, and I just keep getting more. xD
Dude, Jomei, this question could probably fuel an entire thread all on its own.

For me, there's peaks and troughs. Right now, I'm kind of in a trough (spent a ton of money in a short time and now things are kind of tight).

I'm sure that ultimately, it comes down to how much money you really have to throw around. IF I had no financial worries attached to the hobby, I dunno, maybe every one that I got would be cool and awesome and something to be excited about. However, I just reached that point recently where I said to myself, "Why?"

Don't get me wrong, I totally know WHY I got into this and WHY I love these stupid little pieces of petrol distillate, but I got to see them all together just recently, in one place, for the first time and it kind of hit me; WHY do I need more?

The first thing about my figs that started creeping up on me was, damn, they take up a lot of space. No, the figs, individually don't account for much area, but when you factor in number, grouping, room to keep them comfortable and clear from accidents...it really adds up. Sure, if you have the space, whatever, but I live in a house with 2 roommates and I already have nearly a thousand books, at minimum 500 movies, and my comic collection on top. I'm a collector, life-long, and it's a problem that has always plagued me. I knew that these figs would start to command some space but I thought it wouldn't be a big deal; something I can handle. Pfft.

There's a lot going into the feelings attached to getting new figs. If it's a great deal that you kick yourself for not getting, sure, you're probably going to be happy, even if it's not your favorite. If it's something you just felt compelled to buy (even if it was more than you wanted to spend) then that remorse can hit you all at once when you get the fig.

I dunno.

Like I said, I knew what I was getting into (jeez, just the long term commitment. When I move, of course they go with me...what an ordeal...). I'm a collector. I know the rush of finding that rare item buried amongst garbage, begging to be taken for a steal. I've been doing it for years, and I would love to challenge someone to read the spines on a bookshelf, top to bottom, faster than me; however, I know this is a first hit for some people. My advice, take it slow and be realistic about it. If it's more than you want to spend, even if it's SUPER RARE, just hold out. You've got a lot of years ahead of you to hunt it down if you're really serious about it.

As far as prices going up and down, and oh no, now you waited one year too long and the price as skyrocketed? Well, it's all about demand in the back market and demand is the most fluctuating element. For example, I'm sure that 10-15 years ago, Vinyl Paradise figs had a high demand and therefore, a high back market value. Now? I've seen many, many individual and entire collections of them going for really fair prices as of late. Why? Can't say for sure, but I think they just got surpassed by nicer figs in the Monster Heaven line, most of which are re-sculpts of figs in the VP line. Whatever. It just happens from time to time.

Talk to a comic collector about all those 90's first issue variants they kept on boards. Ask them how much they're worth now. Maybe not a fair comparison, but it's all in the same ballpark.

I say all of this and try to touch on a bunch of stuff basically just so I can get down to this: Buy what you want.

If this is really for you, the buyers remorse will pretty much always dissipate upon receipt of goods. If it's something you're on the fence about, then there's probably a good reason.

Hunt what you can catch and never catch more than your belly can hold, lest you literally pay the price.

Staff Accountability

Know The Score

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Some random peices from my stuff

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

wataru wrote:
starsteam wrote: Image
...what is Anguirus doing to G2K?
Ugh never noticed that. Guess that explains why one of Anguirus' spikes is missing.