Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

MM Raids Again wrote:Two more shelves, 9 and 10. Again, both of these usually get cleaned at the same time due to 10 being pretty small. Shelf 9 is all Bandai Ultra stuff. Old school 1990's-2000's vinyl figures. Shelf 10 features the Bandai Yamato Takeru stuff, Bandai and Jakks Godzilla battle packs, GFW Battle Box stuff, some Bandai and YMSF pretty color vinyls, more Bandai Ultra kaiju and finally the Bandai Ultimate Monsters figures I own.

Shelf 10

Who makes that green, yellow & red '62 Godzilla? Pretty cool.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I believe that’s a Y-MSF variant.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:How do you guys even pay for all this? Good lord.
I've got a fair income, at least for my age (I'm 23) and I don't have kids.
your source of self destruction

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

And here is Shelf 11. The very first shelf is actually just a piece of plastic from my old job that I found can act as a shelf above a window. So there's only four things here: two Alex Merdich sculpts (Legendary Beast Wolfman and Godzooky) along with some older, smaller scale X-Pluses of Showa Gamera and Godzilla '64. The actual shelf itself is crowned with five X-Plus Godzillas and some small Bandai vinyls (including Rose Biollante vs. Godzilla '89, a personal favorite). The rest of it has roughly 1/2 of the modern Ultra Monster & Ultra Hero Series figures (IE: Spark Dolls/Ultra 500 Series). These are simply arranged in five different shelves with the Dark Ultras on top, followed by my personal favorite kaiju and classic Ultras, an assortment of Showa, some more Showa and Heisei Ultras & kaiju, and finally anchored by a shelf mostly filled with modern Ultras (Zero, Ginga, Victory, X, Geed and Taiga)... I'm still needing the basic Ultraman Taiga figure.

Added in 15 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds:
And here is Shelf 12, crowned with more X-Plus and mini Bandais. This shelf is filled with more Ultra Monster/Hero Series (Spark Dolls/Ultra 500 series), but is mostly New Generation Ultra stuff with the only exceptions being a random Ultraman Nice and the five component kaiju of Five King flagging him. There's also a really tiny shelf of even smaller vinyl Ultra kaiju that I acquired while tracking down and buying Jirass, Gabora, Lunatyx and Sartan just so I could have them (they were sold in lots).

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MM Raids Again wrote:And here is Shelf 11. The very first shelf is actually just a piece of plastic from my old job that I found can act as a shelf above a window. So there's only four things here: two Alex Merdich sculpts (Legendary Beast Wolfman and Godzooky) along with some older, smaller scale X-Pluses of Showa Gamera and Godzilla '64. The actual shelf itself is crowned with five X-Plus Godzillas and some small Bandai vinyls (including Rose Biollante vs. Godzilla '89, a personal favorite). The rest of it has roughly 1/2 of the modern Ultra Monster & Ultra Hero Series figures (IE: Spark Dolls/Ultra 500 Series). These are simply arranged in five different shelves with the Dark Ultras on top, followed by my personal favorite kaiju and classic Ultras, an assortment of Showa, some more Showa and Heisei Ultras & kaiju, and finally anchored by a shelf mostly filled with modern Ultras (Zero, Ginga, Victory, X, Geed and Taiga)... I'm still needing the basic Ultraman Taiga figure.

Added in 15 hours 9 minutes 15 seconds:
And here is Shelf 12, crowned with more X-Plus and mini Bandais. This shelf is filled with more Ultra Monster/Hero Series (Spark Dolls/Ultra 500 series), but is mostly New Generation Ultra stuff with the only exceptions being a random Ultraman Nice and the five component kaiju of Five King flagging him. There's also a really tiny shelf of even smaller vinyl Ultra kaiju that I acquired while tracking down and buying Jirass, Gabora, Lunatyx and Sartan just so I could have them .....
Really nice collection MM! You have lots of stuff there.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Moving sucks!

Actually, I’m really happy to be moving. I’ve been anticipating this move for a long time and it took longer to come to pass than I would’ve liked. But now I’m finally moving 1600 miles across the country for work and it’s going to be a massive improvement for me and my family. But dang does packing up my collection SUCK! It’s so tedious!

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

canofhumdingers wrote:Moving sucks!

Actually, I’m really happy to be moving. I’ve been anticipating this move for a long time and it took longer to come to pass than I would’ve liked. But now I’m finally moving 1600 miles across the country for work and it’s going to be a massive improvement for me and my family. But dang does packing up my collection SUCK! It’s so tedious!
Moving after my divorce taught me to keep the majority of the collection in storage. After 10 years renting I own my house now. Been working slowly over the last year setting up my “new” office. Got to pick up a couple more shelves from Ikea. Then the collection is coming out of storage.
Congratulations on the move.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

canofhumdingers wrote:Moving sucks!
First, congratulations! And second, make very sure your collection is properly organized and accounted for. I packed up my very small kaiju collection for a move when I was a kid, but I guess I didn't pay enough attention to what I put where, because I never saw half of those figures again. I thought I put them all in the same box as my brother's baseball trophies, but only a few were there when I reopened the box, and I have never for the life of me been able to figure out where the rest disappeared to. Ye be warned!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Thanks for the advice, but I’ve moved my collection many times over the years starting when I went to college. I’ve moved it at least 8 or 9 times* over the last two decades and I’ve lost or damaged very few items. This will be the furthest move yet, but 8 years ago we moved about 1100 miles across country so it’s not unfamiliar territory. Thankfully this should be the last move for a long time. It is different as my collection has evolved and I have a lot more delicate/expensive stuff than I used to. Repacking so many fragile items back into original boxes for transport has been a chore. It was a lot easier and faster back when I was packing mostly bandai vinyls and hasbro figures, lol.

I can tell you I’m an expert at packing up X-plus ghidorah now! Had to ship the first one back to hobbysearch because it was missing a tongue. And now I’ve repacked his replacement. There are SO MANY twisty ties!! :dizzy: :freak:

*Its been through several dorm rooms, 4 apartments, and two houses so far.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

In the not so distant future I will be doing the same. I dread the amount of work. Another reason why I keep the boxes.
Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Guess I kind of did it differently when I moved a few years ago. Yeah, I do keep the boxes but that is generally for if/when I decide to sell something. Otherwise I did it a bit differently and used large amounts of bubble wrap and foam peanuts. Everything was fine during the move with the only casualty being the bases for the Iwakura Gabara (trees snapped) and Giant Condor (rod snapped). I DID have a close call with the SHMA Gigan, but not from breakage. His one mandible came off during moving and fell to the bottom of the box. Thank God I realized this as soon as I did because it was less than 20 minutes after I threw the box in the garbage (found the mandible at the bottom of a sea of foam peanuts).

Added in 2 days 13 hours 28 minutes 25 seconds:
Shelf 13! Topped with more X-Plus, then a shelf of vinyls (focusing on Kong vs. Godzilla and the Monster-verse), millennium era gasaphons, Bandai Ultraman Powered, Bandai & Dreamworks Ultraman Great, and then three shelves of Trendmasters.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Man, that Trendmasters lineup is cool. Those toys were a huge part of my introduction to Godzilla. I had several as a kid, but only a few are still with me. I'd forgotten how great the gold Mechagodzilla and black Mecha-Ghidorah look... and I always forget how clunky that electronic Mothra looks. That one I don't miss quite as much. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

A break before the final shelf of the main collection! Here is my secondary collection of horror, sci-fi and fantasy... Mostly horror. Populated by the likes of Aliens, Predator, iconic slashers, etc. I actually want to get another regular shelf to add to this, especially if they end up making to scale JP Rex and JAWS, two dream figures and the expanding line of Mortal Kombat, in which I hope to get a representation of every fighter as they release them. I also recently had a bit of an accident with a Movie Maniacs Alien Queen... Bitch took a dive and broke its arms off. Planning on replacing her with a typical NECA Queen eventually. I also got rid of a handful of bootleg Predator figures to make room for more legit releases.

Quote of the Year:

Gahdzilluh
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gahdzilluh »

Good news for you MM neca is making a jaws figures that will be in scale with their human figures from jaws!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gahdzilluh wrote:Good news for you MM neca is making a jaws figures that will be in scale with their human figures from jaws!
Yeah, I heard and is why I'm starting to prepare for some larger scale figures. I have a feeling we'll eventually see a to scale JP Rex from the Amber collection, what with the Ian figure already setting up the scene with the flare. I really, REALLY hope we get Ultimate releases for the Jaws characters, or at least Quint. I really do not like clothed figures and will probably be skipping the ones NECA unveiled at Toy Fair. If/when I do get another shelf for this, the line up will probably be:

Top: large scale figures (Jaws, Alien Queen, JP Rex)
- Various Horror (moving them from the smaller shelf)
- Comics (Really want the MCU Avengers line up alongside a handful of DC characters namely Joker, Batman and Killer Croc)
- Mortal Kombat
- Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Star Wars mostly, but already planning on some of those new LoTR that Diamond unveiled)
- Dinosaurs/Jurassic Park

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Hey MM....seems like you have been posting shelves for weeks. Any way you can take an overall pic so we can see the scale of just how many figures you have. Love the universal monsters. I just couldn't start going into that but wanted to. Finances limit me to reality. I do have the mini universal monsters blind box set with all the chase figures from walgreens displayed with the original weebles haunted house I had since childhood.
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Hey MM....seems like you have been posting shelves for weeks. Any way you can take an overall pic so we can see the scale of just how many figures you have. Love the universal monsters. I just couldn't start going into that but wanted to. Finances limit me to reality. I do have the mini universal monsters blind box set with all the chase figures from walgreens displayed with the original weebles haunted house I had since childhood.
Poor quality aside...

The horror shelf isn't with the main collection and is off to the side on its own.

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MM Raids Again wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Hey MM....seems like you have been posting shelves for weeks. Any way you can take an overall pic so we can see the scale of just how many figures you have. Love the universal monsters. I just couldn't start going into that but wanted to. Finances limit me to reality. I do have the mini universal monsters blind box set with all the chase figures from walgreens displayed with the original weebles haunted house I had since childhood.
Poor quality aside...

The horror shelf isn't with the main collection and is off to the side on its own.
Very cool
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

And finally, Shelf 14. The final shelf, home to Bandai and Y-MSF, gasaphons, Gamera and Godzilla 1998.

Quote of the Year:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Welp, its all done. A little before and after. No idea when I’ll get to unpack it b/c we haven’t found the new house yet. Will be flying out to the new town to house hunt in a few days.

This s the hardest part though; waiting while everything is transported and stored for who knows how long, hoping everything survives the time and distance. :freak: