Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Making some semblance of progress.

Image Image Image
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Since I clean one shelf a week, generally, I decided to take pictures of each one following the full dusting and stuff. I started on what I consider "shelf 1". This shelf is mostly Bandai, but also houses the Revoltechs and Bandai Creation stuff. There's also some Iwakura and Y-MSF stuff here and there with the Bandais.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

MM Raids Again wrote:Since I clean one shelf a week, generally, I decided to take pictures of each one following the full dusting and stuff. I started on what I consider "shelf 1". This shelf is mostly Bandai, but also houses the Revoltechs and Bandai Creation stuff. There's also some Iwakura and Y-MSF stuff here and there with the Bandais.
Man, I love your shelf full of Mogera, Gorosaurus, Megalon and Mechani-Kong.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

canofhumdingers wrote:Image
That's the kind of display I'd like to have.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
MM Raids Again wrote:Since I clean one shelf a week, generally, I decided to take pictures of each one following the full dusting and stuff. I started on what I consider "shelf 1". This shelf is mostly Bandai, but also houses the Revoltechs and Bandai Creation stuff. There's also some Iwakura and Y-MSF stuff here and there with the Bandais.
Yeah, gotta' love the old Bandais. I have more on another shelf.

Added in 1 day 17 hours 20 minutes 23 seconds:
And here is Shelf 2 and Shelf 3. Normally I do both of these shelves at once because Shelf 3 is so much smaller. Shelf 2 is more Bandai, holding a lot of older and 8" figures, along with some more Iwakura and Gasaphons. Also keep my Anime trilogy Bandais here and Diamond Select Banks. Shelf 3 is a bit of a mixed bag with Gigabrains, Hyper Hobby, CCP, Bandai Premium and Trendmasters Micro-Playsets. I also keep my boxed Trendmasters Gameras at the base of the shelf. I used to hang them on the wall, but have long since lost that luxury to make room for more display shelves. This is the best I can do with them at the moment.

Shelf 2:

Shelf 3:

Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

MM Raids Again wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Yeah, gotta' love the old Bandais. I have more on another shelf.

Added in 1 day 17 hours 20 minutes 23 seconds:
And here is Shelf 2 and Shelf 3. Normally I do both of these shelves at once because Shelf 3 is so much smaller. Shelf 2 is more Bandai, holding a lot of older and 8" figures, along with some more Iwakura and Gasaphons. Also keep my Anime trilogy Bandais here and Diamond Select Banks. Shelf 3 is a bit of a mixed bag with Gigabrains, Hyper Hobby, CCP, Bandai Premium and Trendmasters Micro-Playsets. I also keep my boxed Trendmasters Gameras at the base of the shelf. I used to hang them on the wall, but have long since lost that luxury to make room for more display shelves. This is the best I can do with them at the moment.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

And here is one of the first shelves you see upon looking at my collection: the Marmits and Stylized Figures. The last shelf is just a shelf for some larger figures I didn't have room for elsewhere (two Banprestos and two 10" Trendmasters), but the rest of it is all stylized stuff minus the three older Diamond Select Bust Banks... Also there because I couldn't fit them elsewhere.

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Since it will be a while until I get some more stuff, figured I would finally get around to posting my collection. Room lighting not the greatest. Enjoy.

Last edited by Godzilla Vinyl Mania on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Love the Kong 76’ poster.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MoK 13 wrote:Love the Kong 76’ poster.
Thx MoK...had that as a kid. One of my favorite images. The commercial posters from that movie were great.
Resized Image

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

How do you guys even pay for all this? Good lord.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Kaiju-King42 wrote:How do you guys even pay for all this? Good lord.
20 + yrs of collecting & a job.
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Since it will be a while until I get some more stuff, figured I would finally get around to posting my collection. Room lighting not the greatest. Enjoy.
Spoiler:
Damn man, I love your collection every time I see it.

And just finished cleaning/reorganizing another section. Here's Shelves 5, 6 and 7.

Shelf 5 is a pretty small shelf featuring a top row of SHMA, then some more harder figures like the Movie Maniacs Kong, X-Plus 33 T-Rex and Banpresto and Segas.

Shelf 6 is really the center piece of my collection with almost all of my Tamashi and poseable figures on it. Below them, various other Toku figures from series like Kamen Rider, Tekkouki Mikazuki, Juspion, WoO and a few other things. Also houses two very prized possessions: the Trendmasters Doom Island Battle Armor Anguirus and Kumonga.

And finally, Shelf 7. Very small, houses KoTM stuff, some more Tamashi stuff, and some anime stuff from Big O, SSSS.Gridman, Eva and assorted gasaphons.

Years upon years of collecting plus making pretty decent money for the last few.

Quote of the Year:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Since it will be a while until I get some more stuff, figured I would finally get around to posting my collection. Room lighting not the greatest. Enjoy.
Spoiler:
I always love seeing the more obscure pieces from the late 90's/early 2000's like the DX GMK figure and the Marui Godzilla 54. Great collection, man!
MM Raids Again wrote: Damn man, I love your collection every time I see it.

And just finished cleaning/reorganizing another section. Here's Shelves 5, 6 and 7.
Spoiler:
Shelf 5 is a pretty small shelf featuring a top row of SHMA, then some more harder figures like the Movie Maniacs Kong, X-Plus 33 T-Rex and Banpresto and Segas.

Shelf 6 is really the center piece of my collection with almost all of my Tamashi and poseable figures on it. Below them, various other Toku figures from series like Kamen Rider, Tekkouki Mikazuki, Juspion, WoO and a few other things. Also houses two very prized possessions: the Trendmasters Doom Island Battle Armor Anguirus and Kumonga.

And finally, Shelf 7. Very small, houses KoTM stuff, some more Tamashi stuff, and some anime stuff from Big O, SSSS.Gridman, Eva and assorted gasaphons.

MM, your collection continues to impress every time I see it. Collecting goals right there.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MM Raids Again wrote:
Spoiler:
Damn man, I love your collection every time I see it.

Years upon years of collecting plus making pretty decent money for the last few.
Thank you MM. Your reorganizing updates are great on this thread. Quite of few pieces you have that I would love to aquire in my collection as well. I was late to the game on the shma and wish I had a bunch of the ones you have. I made a nice dent but paid the price except for the current releases and some really good deals I found.

Added in 3 minutes 45 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:
Spoiler:
I always love seeing the more obscure pieces from the late 90's/early 2000's like the DX GMK figure and the Marui Godzilla 54. Great collection, man!
Thank You UltramanGoji. Glad to share it and to see what other collectors have as well.
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Quite of few pieces you have that I would love to aquire in my collection as well. I was late to the game on the shma and wish I had a bunch of the ones you ha
Back at you, especially when it comes to your SHMA Biollante, that big Rodan that's behind the old school Bandai Heisei Godzilla and iced G'55, and what I believe is a model of Kong shoving a tree in Godzilla's mouth? I don't know what makes they are, but damn do I envy them. I love a collection that has a little bit of everything in it, so seeing yours in its fullest is always a real treat. I'm planning on a similar couch & tv set up in my nerd cave once the woman and I get a bigger place.

And with that, I finished one more shelf this weekend. So here's shelf 8, which is actually not one, not two but three smaller shelves just stacked. I'm planning on replacing this Frankenstein of a shelf at some point, but I kind of like the amount of things they all hold together. Houses, mostly, NECA Godzilla and Pacific Rim, but also features the X-Plus Deforeals, Godzilla bottlecaps, some Kong stuff, Christmas ornaments, cheaper kids toys (Rampage mostly), and then the Imperial stuff.

Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

MM Raids Again wrote:
Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:Quite of few pieces you have that I would love to aquire in my collection as well. I was late to the game on the shma and wish I had a bunch of the ones you ha
Back at you, especially when it comes to your SHMA Biollante, that big Rodan that's behind the old school Bandai Heisei Godzilla and iced G'55, and what I believe is a model of Kong shoving a tree in Godzilla's mouth? I don't know what makes they are, but damn do I envy them. I love a collection that has a little bit of everything in it, so seeing yours in its fullest is always a real treat. I'm planning on a similar couch & tv set up in my nerd cave once the woman and I get a bigger place.

And with that, I finished one more shelf this weekend. So here's shelf 8, which is actually not one, not two but three smaller shelves just stacked. I'm planning on replacing this Frankenstein of a shelf at some point, but I kind of like the amount of things they all hold together. Houses, mostly, NECA Godzilla and Pacific Rim, but also features the X-Plus Deforeals, Godzilla bottlecaps, some Kong stuff, Christmas ornaments, cheaper kids toys (Rampage mostly), and then the Imperial ....
That Rodan is the Tsukuda Hobby '56 vinyl kit I built and painted many years ago. The G vs KK tree sandwich kit is a resin kit I picked up in NYC village comics and built years ago as well. I think its a re-pop Inoue Arts kit.
Resized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Two more shelves, 9 and 10. Again, both of these usually get cleaned at the same time due to 10 being pretty small. Shelf 9 is all Bandai Ultra stuff. Old school 1990's-2000's vinyl figures. Shelf 10 features the Bandai Yamato Takeru stuff, Bandai and Jakks Godzilla battle packs, GFW Battle Box stuff, some Bandai and YMSF pretty color vinyls, more Bandai Ultra kaiju and finally the Bandai Ultimate Monsters figures I own.

Shelf 10

Quote of the Year: