Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Re: Ultra 500, Ultra X & Ultra Orb Figure Thread

Post by Dyrakro »

Seems like King Galactron is a normal 6"-7" toy and not a huge 9" beast.
I'm glad they didn't increase his size, all the current DX toys are way oversized to be honest.
Would be better if Bandai would shrink their size for some millimeters and put the money into painting. Maga Tano-Orochi is way too big compared with anormal 6" Ultra Hero toy (and in the series Orb was slightly bigger than him compared to size).

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Dramorg wrote:Seems like King Galactron is a normal 6"-7" toy and not a huge 9" beast.
I'm glad they didn't increase his size, all the current DX toys are way oversized to be honest.
Would be better if Bandai would shrink their size for some millimeters and put the money into painting. Maga Tano-Orochi is way too big compared with anormal 6" Ultra Hero toy (and in the series Orb was slightly bigger than him compared to size).
NANI - KING GALXTRON! Pics when!

I'm glad they shrunk him down, but now if only they did that to the actual Galaxtron. Grand King and Tyrant I believe were just right when scaled with other 6" figures and fit in well with the other 5" releases. I'd honestly would rather have the kaiju be taller then the Ultra's then the ye days of old' when the Ultra's towered over the kaiju.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

BANDAI never learns how to do their vinyls in screen accurate scale. It started in the 90s and it's still an issue today. I love their figures, but scale was always my single greatest problem with them. The only BANDAI lines which (almost) overcame that issue completely are SHMA & SHF, which is one reason why I like these particular lines so much. Having your Ultraman dwarfed by a humanoid Kaiju of the same height on screen and simultaneously towering over another Kaiju which was twice his size on screen is just ridiculous. I don't understand their reasoning here.
Size DOES matter!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Petezilla wrote:BANDAI never learns how to do their vinyls in screen accurate scale. It started in the 90s and it's still an issue today. I love their figures, but scale was always my single greatest problem with them. The only BANDAI lines which (almost) overcame that issue completely are SHMA & SHF, which is one reason why I like these particular lines so much. Having your Ultraman dwarfed by a humanoid Kaiju of the same height on screen and simultaneously towering over another Kaiju which was twice his size on screen is just ridiculous. I don't understand their reasoning here.
DAH GOODER HEREOS NEED TO BE TEH BIGGEREST BECAUSE GOOD BEAT EVIL!

I guess - /shrug

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Petezilla wrote:BANDAI never learns how to do their vinyls in screen accurate scale. It started in the 90s and it's still an issue today. I love their figures, but scale was always my single greatest problem with them. The only BANDAI lines which (almost) overcame that issue completely are SHMA & SHF, which is one reason why I like these particular lines so much. Having your Ultraman dwarfed by a humanoid Kaiju of the same height on screen and simultaneously towering over another Kaiju which was twice his size on screen is just ridiculous. I don't understand their reasoning here.
Because that would take more effort then on cheap vinyl dolls and Bandai doesn't want to waste the time or money.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Godzillian wrote:
Because that would take more effort then on cheap vinyl dolls and Bandai doesn't want to waste the time or money.
That is of course correct, but still hurting my eye.
Size DOES matter!

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Resized Image

Look how tiny Galaktron looks in this pic! :/

Anyway, the cheap paint reaches a new level. Remember the first Ultra Big toys of last year's Spring? Ultraman, Tiga, X? Followed by Zero, Taro, Orb and some others all of them had a pretty good paint job with nothing missing - till Belial came out and Bandai skimped again and the Ultra Big Geed looks even worse, the front side looks ok-good but the area close to his arms and neck misses some black paint. And the back seems to miss even more if you look closely.
Resized Image
Last edited by Dyrakro on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Ultra Monster DX Zegan & Chimera Belios

Size DOES matter!

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Really digging that Zegan figure, Chimera not so much.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

Anybody have any tips for straightening out a figures feet? I got a couple of Ultraman ultra 500's that are very wobbly.

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GreenScar wrote:Anybody have any tips for straightening out a figures feet? I got a couple of Ultraman ultra 500's that are very wobbly.
If one of the legs is warping, take a blow dryer to it and reshape the leg when it's nice and soft. Then put something to hold the leg in the correct position and let it sit for about an hour or two.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
GreenScar wrote:Anybody have any tips for straightening out a figures feet? I got a couple of Ultraman ultra 500's that are very wobbly.
If one of the legs is warping, take a blow dryer to it and reshape the leg when it's nice and soft. Then put something to hold the leg in the correct position and let it sit for about an hour or two.
+2!

You can set it in the fridge for a few minutes to rapidly cool the vinyl and set it. Then pull it out and let it heat up to room temperature (over night). Just remember, cold vinyl = brittle. Careful. Doubt anything will happen for a quick dip in the fridge, but always be on the safe side.

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Thanks, work out fine.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Another year is over and the next Ultra Expo is on. And just like every year, a lot of pics of the costumes and all the other stuff flooded the net. But way more important: A look at the newest toys for this year!

What's this? Tamashi Nations Sofubis
Pretty interesting, right?
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Maybe we finally get the 6" toys of Ginga, Victory and X we all hoped for, even though they are different. But I don't mind as long as they don't differ too much from the rest.

Ultraman Geed Movie Sofubis
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Galactron MK2 reminds me of a chicken somehow I don't know why.
And Gilbaris is a must-have in my eyes, he received a way better paintjob than I expected.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

Post by Ultra_Henshin_Fan »

nice.
thanks for posting them.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Yeah, I saw that picture on the net and I wondered what those were, especially the Five King. That is the one that caught my eye.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

The 6“ figures of Ultraman Ginga, Victory, X & Five King are “Sofubi Spirit“ releases. The series logo is the very same that the Raijin figure from Pacific Rim 2 beared. Interesting...
Size DOES matter!

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

I really like those 'Cratered Earth' bases they're standing in.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Petezilla wrote:The 6“ figures of Ultraman Ginga, Victory, X & Five King are “Sofubi Spirit“ releases. The series logo is the very same that the Raijin figure from Pacific Rim 2 beared. Interesting...
Sofubi Spirits goes back further actually - nnless im mistaken.

WAY back to Evangelion. They had a Sachiel from that line

Glad they are bringing it back though. Especially with a MUCH NEEDED do over for Five King. That figure was disappointing.

Added in 57 seconds:
Ultra_Henshin_Fan wrote:I really like those 'Cratered Earth' bases they're standing in.
Tamashii Impact Effect set. :3
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ultra_Henshin_Fan
JXSDF Technician

SpaceG92 wrote:
Tamashii Impact Effect set. :3
very cool, thanks