Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:If you can get your hands on it, the Godzilla Store Shin Godzilla Metal Pink figure is really nice:
I just got mine and it’s an instant ,”centerpiece of the collection” type thing.
It's a cool looking critter, I actually just found a bunch of them at a mini-Godzilla Store in Austin, Texas.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

The Gamera will still be around by the end of the year, right? As with other releases?

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

OGMechaMothra wrote:
tbeasley wrote:Now that I'm finally getting into Ultraman I'm really tempted to pick up like a dozen of those Ultra 500 figures.
Me too! Me too!
I might got for Kemur Man, Ragon and Kanegon for an Ultra Q trifecta.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I've noticed 6" vinyls skyrocketed in price in the last 10 years, don't know if it's because time flew by, but i used to feel like Japanese vinyls would peak at around $200. Now most vinyls including the old common ones are $50 and up.

Any reason for that? Or just a classic example of item values growing over time?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

_JNavs_ wrote: Any reason for that? Or just a classic example of item values growing over time?
Bit of that, might also have to do with the fact that the recent versions are smaller and less detailed than the older ones, giving them a bit of an incentive to be sought after.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

man, this thread is so quiet. has anyone heard anything else about that repainted 2019 ghidorah? is it even coming out still?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:man, this thread is so quiet. has anyone heard anything else about that repainted 2019 ghidorah? is it even coming out still?
Yeah it's out. I'm considering ordering it. The main issue right now is I need to buy new shelves before I get it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:man, this thread is so quiet. has anyone heard anything else about that repainted 2019 ghidorah? is it even coming out still?
Yeah it's out. I'm considering ordering it.
Is it a store exclusive or does it just replace the old version everywhere?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Yeah it's out. I'm considering ordering it.
I'm pretty sure it's store exclusive. It's also more expensive. It lists it as a "store" version:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550011/
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Thegarbagemonster wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Yeah it's out. I'm considering ordering it.
I'm pretty sure it's store exclusive. It's also more expensive. It lists it as a "store" version:
https://godzilla.store/shop/g/gGSG0550011/
That's pretty annoying, in my eyes it doesn't even warrant being a store exclusive since it's just the same colour scheme but with better paint.
If they had to make it a store exclusive they could've at least given it the blue ghidorah colours or something odd like that.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Shoopwoop17 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:If you can get your hands on it, the Godzilla Store Shin Godzilla Metal Pink figure is really nice:
I just got mine and it’s an instant ,”centerpiece of the collection” type thing.
It's a cool looking critter, I actually just found a bunch of them at a mini-Godzilla Store in Austin, Texas.
Seriously? I live outside of Austin and I never heard of a mini godzilla store.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

It’s not really a whole store. It’s basically a special display set up in Kinokuniya bookstores. I was really hoping the location near Houston would get one before I moved, but it never did.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I'm looking for the Bandai Premium Ghidorah set. Is this an obvious scam or what?:
https://www.todiomarket.com/index.php?m ... _id=966883

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

How long does it usually take HLJ to process an item? I'm trying to buy some of the older movie monsters before I have to resort to greedy ebay sellers, but they've been stuck in the processing tab all night and I've had no sort of payment notification from the bank. Is it because it's the weekend?

ApexOversteer
JXSDF Technician

Post by ApexOversteer »

Thegarbagemonster wrote:How long does it usually take HLJ to process an item? I'm trying to buy some of the older movie monsters before I have to resort to greedy ebay sellers, but they've been stuck in the processing tab all night and I've had no sort of payment notification from the bank. Is it because it's the weekend?
Yeah, last night was Saturday in Japan, and it seems like some of the retailers have been running on skeleton staff...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

It’s not usual for an order to take a couple of days to process at hlj. Especially with it being the weekend, I wouldn’t sweat it. If you haven’t seen any progress by Tuesday or something maybe shoot them an email.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Thanks for replying guys, I've only ordered from them once before and it was a while ago. I also noticed that this time, there were no cheaper postage options like standard packets that would take 4-5 weeks to get here, there were only £25+ postage options
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

That’s because of the coronavirus issues. We have a whole thread dedicated to that. Basically with the massive reduction in airline flights there is a massive reduction in available cargo space to ship packages. So you can either ship it by boat or go with a dedicated cargo carrier like FedEx or DHL. But some of the more common shipping methods that relied on available cargo space on passenger airlines have been severely reduced or even suspended altogether right now.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

canofhumdingers wrote:That’s because of the coronavirus issues. We have a whole thread dedicated to that. Basically with the massive reduction in airline flights there is a massive reduction in available cargo space to ship packages. So you can either ship it by boat or go with a dedicated cargo carrier like FedEx or DHL. But some of the more common shipping methods that relied on available cargo space on passenger airlines have been severely reduced or even suspended altogether right now.
Thanks a lot for the info!! And sorry I didn't see that thread. Truth be told, I mostly just hang around the same two or three threads I frequent and don't really check for new ones. :oops:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Seriously, that G-Store limited "Heavy Paint Ver." 2019 Ghidorah is one of the worst cash-grabs I'VE ever seen from BANDAI. I got mine about two weeks ago and it's almost identic to the standard release. Except of that the frontside has slightly deeper highlights painted on, but it's only slightly different. However, the complete backside of the figure is STILL 100% UNPAINTED, just like the cheap recent BANDAI Ultraman vinyls. That's just so bad considering the price. Unless you're a real completist, just leave that needless thing alone. It's NOT worth the bucks.
Size DOES matter!