Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by GFAN198423 »

Loving the ferocity of the face sculpt on the Bandai MMS Vinyl Kong.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

GFAN198423 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:47 am Loving the ferocity of the face sculpt on the Bandai MMS Vinyl Kong.

Very nice! Reminds me that I need to try to grab that one soon.
OGMechaMothra wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:34 pm Anyone got any updates on the next wave of SP figures?
I have a feeling they might be announced when the characters appear in the show; as far as I know, Anguirus and Manda haven't popped up in it yet.

I certainly hope they make a few more beyond those guys, too. Rodan's design has grown on me a bit, surprisingly. Might be too much paint for Bandai though...

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Godzilla Singular Point Figure
Spoiler:
Apparently this is actually not Titanosaurus, its a new kaiju called Aqualitis (according to the instagram desc)

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:59 am Godzilla Singular Point Figure
Spoiler:
Apparently this is actually not Titanosaurus, its a new kaiju called Aqualitis (according to the instagram desc)
Well shit. I and many others were very wrong.

Ah well. Looks badass though.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

That looks so good for a Bandai figure!

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

https://twitter.com/godzilla_jp/status/ ... 42944?s=20

Official images of 3 upcoming Singular Point figures!
Spoiler:
Formerly known as kurtzilla

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

They look pretty good! I will get them all! :Anguirus: I was right when i thought that that kaiju wasn't titano afterall.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Kinda disappointed it's not a Titano but I'll warm up to it once i see it more. Dope design either way. Will try and pick up the figure, I reckon
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I had a feeling that wasn't Titanosaurus. Some of the designs are out there, but that one seemed a bit too far out there to be him... Still, the heavy Titanosaurus influence for a character who is not Titanosaurus is curious.

Have to say, the figures look pretty damn good. Anguirus looks better than I initially thought. Very big, too. And I appreciate how soon they're being released as well instead of having to wait months after reveal. Overall, great stuff, and I shall be getting them all in due time.

I hope that leaked list wasn't all they're making for the series. Keep 'em coming, Bandai! They're awesome!

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

I think These Godzilla Singular Point figures are looking great. I really like the Anguirus figure.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I can see why some might not like Manda but he is still heavily inspired by Asian dragons and Japanese mythology. Reminds me of something like Gyarados from Pokemon.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:54 pm I can see why some might not like Manda but he is still heavily inspired by Asian dragons and Japanese mythology. Reminds me of something like Gyarados from Pokemon.
I guess the reason for the hate is the fact he isn't just a straight up generic eastern dragon now, but that's the exact reason I like him. Plus, I have a big interest in marine/aquatic biology and he really reminds me of things like sturgeons, lobsters and one of my fav animals, the bobbit worm.

You guys are lucky I didn't design him. Trust me. You'd have an even wormier Manda.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla Aquatalis gets released on the 17th, and Anguruius and Manda the following week. I'm gonna get them and all the Godzillaban figures at once.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

I should be getting Legion tomorrow and Gyaos a few days later. I'm pretty excited to get them. I don't know whether to really expect Iris to come out in the next few years or so, because of his tentacles and things... modern Bandai cut costs a lot, like how on the new Biollante they reduced two of the tendrils to coiled up heaps (although they still look pretty good like that).

I still have yet to go for any of the SP figures. They're all so expensive on Ebay, and I just don't have the funds to order them from HLJ.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Sounds like a new Megalon is coming to go with the Premium JJ in July.

onerichman
Monsterland Worker

Post by onerichman »

OGMechaMothra wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am Sounds like a new Megalon is coming to go with the Premium JJ in July.

I wish they would release a Godzilla 1973 to go along with Megalon and Jet Jaguar

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Yeah it wouldn’t be hard to retool the ‘74/‘75 sculpt they’ve already got...

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

onerichman wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:09 pm
OGMechaMothra wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:46 am Sounds like a new Megalon is coming to go with the Premium JJ in July.

I wish they would release a Godzilla 1973 to go along with Megalon and Jet Jaguar

Agreed but they always come in 2's Frank with Baragon, 2 sets of Mecha G to complete transformation. It makes a lot of sense.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Wait, is this gonna be a Bandai Premium Megalon? Hrm... I was thinking of a regular MMS release. But I suppose premium makes more sense to go with the premium JJ.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Megalon will be a MMS figure not Premium.