Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

That Gyaos is damn ugly, but i'll get i anyway. :lol: Legion looks really great though. Seems to be hit or miss from Bandai theese days.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Legion looks about as good as she can. I dig it. I'm not really a huge fan of the Heisei Gyaos design, especially when it transfers to figures, so meh.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Maritonic wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:11 am Legion looks about as good as she can. I dig it. I'm not really a huge fan of the Heisei Gyaos design, especially when it transfers to figures, so meh.
I find Hyper Gyaos to be a better design than the GOTU Gyaos. Longer tail and wyvern wings make the design look more complete.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Heh, I’m the opposite. The Hyper Gyaos looks too generic and “western” for lack of a better word. The Super Gyaos from ‘95 looks like a more vicious and modern interpretation of the very unique classic design from the ‘60’s. Which it is.
Last edited by canofhumdingers on Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Hyper is the definitive Gyaos for me. This just looks too clunky.

I’m probably skipping these. I really want to see the Shin Ultraman and Kong figures. Hopefully we get looks at them soon.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I’m sure we could see a rerelease of Hyper Gyaos if they release an Iris figure. Also any updates or info on when these hit shelves?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

With Kong vs. Godzilla getting released in two months, I do wonder if we will soon get reveals for the new bandai figures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:34 am With Kong vs. Godzilla getting released in two months, I do wonder if we will soon get reveals for the new bandai figures.
Has there been any word on figures for the movie besides Godzilla and Kong? I'd kill for a MMS Skull Crawler.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:34 am With Kong vs. Godzilla getting released in two months, I do wonder if we will soon get reveals for the new bandai figures.
Has there been any word on figures for the movie besides Godzilla and Kong? I'd kill for a MMS Skull Crawler.
It’s already confirmed there will be a new Kong Figure (sweet) and a new Godzilla figure, and I think it’s possible for some other ones. I’ve always wanted a good skull crawler figure; they’re neat.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:22 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:16 am
It’s already confirmed there will be a new Kong Figure (sweet) and a new Godzilla figure, and I think it’s possible for some other ones. I’ve always wanted a good skull crawler figure; they’re neat.

I imagine we'll also get a
Spoiler:
LEGENDARY MECHAGODZILLA

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I imagine. I think then though we’ll get some other monsters. Kong is going to be released soon, while there will probably be a delay on the rest.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I think Gyaos and Legion both look very good by the current standards of the line. I'll be keeping an eye out for these at HLJ; they'll probably have the best prices for these figures, and I DEFINITELY don't want to miss out!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

BANDAI has confirmed (an) upcoming Movie Monster Series figure(s) of "Godzilla Singular Point" on their official website: the put the GSP logo + "coming soon" online.
Size DOES matter!

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Petezilla wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:51 am BANDAI has confirmed (an) upcoming Movie Monster Series figure(s) of "Godzilla Singular Point" on their official website: the put the GSP logo + "coming soon" online.
I am ready!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Shin Ultraman's Ultra-Action figure has been revealed!
Now for the MMS figures to be revealed...

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Then joints look like ass.

But I’m here for the MMS figures from the film. Hoping we get a Ultraman from that line.

Crazy how everything dropping in the next month or two is a must have for me.

Shin Ultraman, Neronga and Gabora
Kong
Gyaos and Legion

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:55 pm Then joints look like ass.

But I’m here for the MMS figures from the film. Hoping we get a Ultraman from that line.

Crazy how everything dropping in the next month or two is a must have for me.

Shin Ultraman, Neronga and Gabora
Kong
Gyaos and Legion
Plus other GvK figures, and Singular Point stuff

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Speaking of these, ain't it strange that neither of the new MMS toys is listed on both HLJ and Hobby Search yet Jet Jaguar is who will be released in May and isn't even listed on the official Bandai website?

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Shin Ultraman figures pictures are online from Bandai on twitter. Shin Ultraman, Neronga, and Gabora. :dizzy: :mrgreen:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I love them!