General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Well, it's pre-sold out in most places. One place it isn't is BBTS, but I'm not gonna pay $132 for that set! :mad:

Added in 8 days 16 hours 50 minutes 21 seconds:
Actually, I did some more research, and HLJ is accurate on their numbering. HG DX 01 is NOT part of the sequence, as it was a "special limited run". HG D+ 02 is the G89, Kiryu, Rose Biollante, Showa Hedorah which is releasing in Japan now. HG D+ 03 is G99, Gigan72, Shin Ver 2, Shin Ver 3( or 4, not sure )is releasing in Japan Feb 2020, March in the US( via HLJ & such ). Damn, I wanted that 02 set... :(

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Here's something I saw a while back (https://www.toy-people.com/?p=38108) when HG Shin Godzilla Climax came out: the image at the end of the article seems like a protoype or PR shot of the Climax set but the 2nd form is clear in the image. I was wondering if anyone knew if the image is just that: a pre-production image, or if they actually released a clear version of the 2nd form?

Wikizilla seems to think there was a separate release of some kind (https://wikizilla.org/wiki/Godzilla:_Hi ... Godzilla_2). I know some people are not a fan of Wikizilla or Gojipedia but since lots of people seem to use these sites, I'd rather the right info be on there.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Wikizilla is fine, it’s Gojipedia that’s terrible.

Anyways, I think it might be a prototype as it looks like the final release is made of semi-translucent plastic as well so it could just be the mold before it was painted.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Wikizilla is fine, it’s Gojipedia that’s terrible.
I thought Gojipedia was created in response to Wikizilla’s problems, did something go wrong along the way
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G2000 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Wikizilla is fine, it’s Gojipedia that’s terrible.
I thought Gojipedia was created in response to Wikizilla’s problems, did something go wrong along the way
Other way around.

Gojipedia is the result of certain editors not wanting to leave Wikia because they’re bootlickers of personal reasons so the Wikizilla site was formed by a few editors who did want to expand the site beyond Wikia’s restrictions.

The Wikizilla staff are hard workers who properly cite sources, avoid typical fan wiki elements, and even translate the research materials they find themselves.

Gojipedia is run by someone who only cares about the MonsterVerse movies and pretty much writes whatever they want without any proper sourcing or fact-checking.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A little late to the party, but I now have the most recent set of Gashapons:

-Hedorah is great, but unfortunately you need to always have him standing on his little platform. His tail angles around which is a nice touch.

-Rose Biollante is a lump of plastic, but really nice and really beautiful. Biollante has gotten so much love in recent years, and it’s especially nice that the Rose form has finally gotten some attention.

-Kiryu is awesome. I usually hate how many versions of Kiryu exist, but for once it’s not in its nonstandard version, and is posed nicely. It’s unique, well detailed and cool.

-Godzilla 1989(?) is bad. Mine doesn’t properly click together properly, and the eyes aren’t painted in. The spines are nicely detailed, but considering this is Godzilla, you’d expect better.

Overall, set is great. It features two “obscure” kaiju that don’t typically get Gashapons (in comparison to the hordes of Godzillas and MG’s. There’s an actual reason to purchase the Kiryu. Let me know if you have questions.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Still waiting on my set. I'm not too sad about the Godzilla 1989 being meh since there are 2 other sculpts. Looking forward to the Rose Biollante the most.
That Shin Ghidorah in the background looks mighty nice as well.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

darkcancer wrote:Still waiting on my set. I'm not too sad about the Godzilla 1989 being meh since there are 2 other sculpts. Looking forward to the Rose Biollante the most.
That Shin Ghidorah in the background looks mighty nice as well.
Rose Biollante is my favorite I think. The red and green pattern is unique for a Godzilla kaiju and it fits nicely in. The only thing is that it's a bit awkward next to the other Biollante Gashapon I own.

Btw, has there been any updates on the Rodan and Mothra Gashapons for KOTM yet?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Haven't seen any news about the D+ EX set since the initial reports back in June nor any listings on any Japanese sites. I think they will probably wait to release it until some time next year now that GvsK has been pushed to November. Bandai will probably put them in the machines after D+ 02 has been out for several months and gotten stale now that there won't be a rush for another set to coincide for the upcoming movie in a few months.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ The DX set( Rodan, Mothra, Larva )has already been released. It is in-stock at BBTS for $132. It was a special, limited run, as I understand it, not a mass release...

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I stand corrected. Just watched a YouTube unboxing and it appears you can only buy them as a box set. Doesn't look like they will available the regular way. The price ranges seem to vary quite a bit also. I saw one sold out of $66+$25 shipping going all the way to $228.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000136736

Well this is complete bullshit. Zero reason why they just couldn’t have included it in their last release, or waited to have the figures in the Kong versus Godzilla series. Ugh. They’re asking about 70$ for this, MRSP value.

This is Mothra and Rodman for gods sakes. It’s not like the cast figures that are of obscure things and meant to be raffled away prizes that in the secondhand market skyrocket in price. This is shit they could have easily released as a second wave and it would’ve been fine.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

HUZZAH!!!

The HG D+ Vol.02 set is IN STOCK at HLJ for 2,000 JPY! I just ordered mine and placed it in my Private Warehouse, to ship out later. I was afraid that I had missed it! I really wanted that Rose Bio, Kiryu, and Showa Heddy. Got 'em after all... :D

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

I just love these Gashapon figures, back when I was a kid I ordered those bootleg ones off eBay that were essentially bootlegs of the 4th Godzilla set. I remember coming back from primary school and my mom was waiting in the doorway with them behind her back. Basically she thought I would be disappointed due to how small they were, I guess I thought they were bigger? I've been addicted to them ever since :D

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

There's a new Ultraman set up for pre-order. Anime Ultraman, Anime UltraSeven, and Anime Ultraman Ace. Pass, for me. Already got the Ultraman in a previous set, don't care about the other two that much...

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

My HG D+ 02 set finally arrived. No pics from me, LSD Jellyfish does them enough justice. I pretty much agree with everything he said about the set, but some other thoughts:
The HG D+02 Hedorah is inferior to the HG Chronicles 3 version in my opinion, mostly because its a lot smaller and the translucent bubble on the HGC3 one is a nice touch. I would have preferred if its was the 2004 Hedorah (no HG yet) or if it was a different form such as flying or quadruped.
Biollante Flower Beast's little vines were pretty contorted, as was Mechagodzilla's spines, but a quick dunk in some boiling water made it an easy fix.
As with all my preferences, I wish Mechagodzilla was 1975 Mechagodzilla 2 or even the anime MechaGodzilla, versions without HGs. (RP1 version would have been amazing)
3rd version of Godzilla 1989- I get it since they had Biollante, but I would have preferred 1984 as there's no HGs of that suit.

On a final note, HG D+ 03 preorders are popping up already on ebay and some other Japanese sites. Looks like its gonna be :
Godzilla 1999
Gigan 1972
Shin Godzilla form 2
Shin Godzilla form 4 (again).
Gigan will be nice since the original HG 4 version is smaller than the average HG and it was originally released in 1998. Gotta say I am getting tired of all the Shin Godzilla form 4's Bandai keeps putting in these sets (with this one being the 8th total and 5th new sculpt). Still holding out for a second set this year to coincide with Godzilla vs Kong and not another limited set like the D+ EX01.
Last edited by darkcancer on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Found a pic of the prototypes. Why tf is 1999 Goji's head so big? And why ANOTHER Shin Godzilla?
At least Gigan looks awesome!
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Seen that pic already. Nothing new for me...

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:Found a pic of the prototypes. Why tf is 1999 Goji's head so big? And why ANOTHER Shin Godzilla?
At least Gigan looks awesome!
Gigan looks cool, G2000 could be hit or miss. I can't see enough of the second form, but it makes sense why they are making so much Shin stuff. He's the new face of the franchise.
MandaSaurus wrote:^ Seen that pic already. Nothing new for me...
Good for you. I hadn't.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:And why ANOTHER Shin Godzilla?
75 million yen.

Gotta say these look great.

Been getting back into gashapon collecting (because buying 3 every other week instead of saving 5 months worth for one Monsterarts or two NECAs) and really enjoying them. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I'll post my collection lol.

RIP Evan.