General Gashapon/Small Figurine Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Re: POST YOUR GASHAPONS !!!

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Yeah, the Final Wars Kumonga figure looked like one of those cheap spider toys you could get at any toy shop. It would be interesting if they did the Millennian form of Orga at some point.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

King Kong vs. Godzilla set or bust. '62 Godzilla, '62 Kong, Giant Octopus and "Giant" Lizard!
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

^i love it, but skip the lizard and make the fourth “figure” a in scale Atami Castle I’m the process of being smashed!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

WarpedBandicoot99 wrote:Yeah, the Final Wars Kumonga figure looked like one of those cheap spider toys you could get at any toy shop. It would be interesting if they did the Millennian form of Orga at some point.
Well they just did a G2000 figure...and it scales nicely with an older orga. But you could do:
G2000
UFO on top of building
Millenian
Orga (maybe when it has its maw extended and opened)?

I think the issue is that few films have four solid really different monsters. the SG set seems easy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I used to have a pretty big gashapon collection growing up, but flash-forward 15 years, and now i'm finding pieces of figures here and there in my old bins. I just found my Gashapon Gorosaurus i'll probably end up throwing on eBay, do you guys know how much he usually runs price wise?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

_JNavs_ wrote:I used to have a pretty big gashapon collection growing up, but flash-forward 15 years, and now i'm finding pieces of figures here and there in my old bins. I just found my Gashapon Gorosaurus i'll probably end up throwing on eBay, do you guys know how much he usually runs price wise?
I bought mine a few years ago for 12$. You can find those in japan for about 500-1000 (basically between 5 and 10$). You sure you want to sell it? Gashapons are nice.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:I used to have a pretty big gashapon collection growing up, but flash-forward 15 years, and now i'm finding pieces of figures here and there in my old bins. I just found my Gashapon Gorosaurus i'll probably end up throwing on eBay, do you guys know how much he usually runs price wise?
I bought mine a few years ago for 12$. You can find those in japan for about 500-1000 (basically between 5 and 10$). You sure you want to sell it? Gashapons are nice.
I've been on the fence honestly, the overall Godzilla collection has been steadily growing since i grew out of the "destroy all toys in monster fights" phase of my childhood lol. As a little kid i didn't know the value of the vinyls, gashapons, and little x-plus figures from the comic shop i had wrecked.. from the old gashapon grey 55 Anguirus, to the X-plus legion soldier and various other small imports smh.

Now, after years of figure collecting, at 20, my only 3 inch G figures i have left are Gashapon FCTW/DAM Baragon, various Mothras/larvaes, a Manda, Minya, Gigan and Destoroyah from that old big american set, GMK ghidorah from a 3 pack, and those new school egg figures, specifically 89 and Shin Gojis. I think you're right though, for nostalgic reasons i'll probably hold onto ol'Gorosaurus
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Man I used to have a gang of these guys dating back to when I was about 10. It was a lot easier to collect gashapons than full sized figures.
Then a few years back there was a meaty flood that covered all my gashas in shitwater.
Imagine seeing Gorosaurus and Baragon drowned in sewage.
Since then I haven't been able to start back up again.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

WarpedBandicoot99
Samurai

Post by WarpedBandicoot99 »

Godzilla HG D+ 04 is confirmed to be released September 20th.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Finally decided to do the thread's title because I got a shelf so I didn't have to keep half my NECAs/SH MAs on an old dresser and now had place to display them long enough for photos.

Got the HG Orga coming from Ebay Tuesday and waiting for a paycheck before I go after some of the Shin sets.

Gashapon Collection https://imgur.com/gallery/oEYBZ5y

RIP Evan.

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

Looked through a bin of old action figures my kids had. Knew there was something in there and found these. Already put them in the collection room.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Link to a fake ad from twitter. I gotta say they did a pretty good job with the photoshop, and that would be a dream lineup for a new set!
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

darkcancer wrote:Image

Link to a fake ad from twitter. I gotta say they did a pretty good job with the photoshop, and that would be a dream lineup for a new set!
Fuck that got me hyped and yeah I agree. Shitty for you to get my hopes up and crush my dreams like that. :(

Unless they market it as such, I wonder what the likelihood of Daghara or any of the other ROM monsters or forms appearing in a Gashapon set would actually be.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
darkcancer wrote:Image

Fuck that got me hyped and yeah I agree. Shitty for you to get my hopes up and crush my dreams like that. :(

Unless they market it as such, I wonder what the likelihood of Daghara or any of the other ROM monsters or forms appearing in a Gashapon set would actually be.
*cough*
*cough cough*
*unhealthy coughing*

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: skreeonk that got me hyped and yeah I agree. Shitty for you to get my hopes up and crush my dreams like that. :(

Sorry, didn't mean for anyone to be tricked into anything. At least whoever made that was kind enough to put the "this ad is fake" line at the bottom.

I'm guessing whoever made that was hoping for an Ocean-focused set. I highly doubt Bandai would release Kamoebas without the rest of the Yog cast or Dagahra without a Mothra. But there's always hope P-Bandai makes another set and goes with some of the less popular kaiju.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Just when you though the HG D+EX couldn't get more expensive: HG Biollante (large scale) w/ light up function. ¥ 12,000.

The picture here has the HG D2 Godzilla 1989 for size comparison. Biollante will be around 4.5" high and over 8" wide.
Source article for the curious: https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... pon-figure

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

That's really cool, but way way way too expensive to warrant purchasing. 6000¥ is pushing it. I get that there's a lot of factors I'm probably not aware of, like being made in small quantities, the mold qualities, etc...but that's still wayyyy too much.

I do think this image is really interesting, and gives a good perspective on size.

Is this also supposed to be an accurate representation of the size discrepancy between Biollante's Rose form and second form? I don't think I ever realized that.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

I think this Biollante is a tad larger than it should be compared to the other HGs. That image with the D+02 Godzilla 1989 compared to this screen shot is why i'm leaning toward that:

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

The head on the HG looks ridiculously large.