New kaiju game from Matt Frank + Simon Strange [Archive]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Re: (Possible) new kaiju game from Matt Frank and Simon Stra

Post by ゴジラ »

Alright then, let's see here.
Question 1: Which set of monsters?

Option #1 - A full-scale licensed Godzilla game.
Option #2 - Just like #1, but with Gamera, instead of Godzilla.
Option #3 - Just like #1, but with All-original Kaiju. (No licensing of monsters = $ saved!)

Question 2: What technology?

Option #1 - Online fighting with fully 3D monsters.
Option #2 - Asynchronous fighting (we each take turns, but not necessarily in real-time unless we're both online) with 3D monsters.
Option #3 - Just like #2, but with sweet 2D art.
Option #4 - 2D card-based brawler.

Question 3: What platform?

Option #1 - Consoles.
Option #2 - PC / Mac / Linux.
Option #3 - Something browser-based.
Option #4 - Mobile phones (iOS and Android)
Question 1: Option 1# (But if not possible then Option 3!)
Question 2: Option 1# (A real time fighter would be best)
Question 3: Option 1# (Consoles! PS3 and 360!)

A new Godzilla fighter with input from fans would be amazing, even more so, we could look at the previous games and see their mistakes so that we could better improve said game. I'm willing to do whatever I can if it means our community obtaining another kaiju fighting game.

Also! May I kindly suggest that if a Godzilla Game were to be made, let's not have the story of the game to revolve around an Alien Invasion again. Instead, let the Red Bamboo (Or an inspired organization similar to them) be the cause/villains of the story.
Gorosaurus Rex wrote: At the same time though, even if we do shell out money, who would work on it? Where would we get the talent?

Answer: Banpresto

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

ゴジラ wrote: Answer: Banpresto

I don't think we need anther developer. Pipeworks had the engine perfect in STE. Just bring that back, but with more. Like battle replays, more assist monsters, more fighters, and more online modes that can be customized.
same here.i also liked how you could do quick combos with punch(or kick) attacks + her fierce attacks
I'm not arguing her strength, she was very strong. She just was poorly optimized, clunky to use, and glitchy. Biollante is not a brawler.

Oh, and btw, BRING BACK BEAM WARS! Such a fun, and unexpected aspect to combat.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Ha! Gojira you skreeonking mad-man your a genius! I'd say let Banpretso develop it! But with Simon and Matt on the team as well.

But at the topic at hand:

Question 1: Option 1# (But Option 3 is also good! Just make sure that you have an inspired Godzilla character playable lol)
Question 2: Option 1# (A real time 3D fighter, with some cinematic finishers)
Question 3: Option 1# (Consoles, PS3 and 360, more sales for ya.)

I find that a new Godzilla would be great, keep the combat freedom of DAMM/STE/GU, but make the fighting more deep like Ultraman FE3/Rebirth. I too am willing to do whatever it takes to make a new Godzilla fighter, or a original kaiju fighter into reality.

Hopefully the presentation of the game (If it were given a green-light) will be better.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

Blackout286 wrote:Image
Is... is that a 3D model of Godzilla 2000? Mother of God... that's what we need G2K to look like in the next fighter!

Seriously, does this look as spiky and badass as this?
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Team based ala Marvel vs Capcom 3! Pic 2 - 3 monsters, swap in and out. Make it FUN! ; )
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Godzillabrawler wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:Image
Is... is that a 3D model of Godzilla 2000? Mother of God... that's what we need G2K to look like in the next fighter!

Seriously, does this look as spiky and badass as this?
It's from the second Godzilla pachinko game. (Impressive Graphics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq05hpWHjqE
(G2K vs. King Ghidorah)

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Svitska Donkun wrote:
ゴジラ wrote: Answer: Banpresto

I don't think we need anther developer. Pipeworks had the engine perfect in STE. Just bring that back, but with more. Like battle replays, more assist monsters, more fighters, and more online modes that can be customized.
same here.i also liked how you could do quick combos with punch(or kick) attacks + her fierce attacks
I'm not arguing her strength, she was very strong. She just was poorly optimized, clunky to use, and glitchy. Biollante is not a brawler.

Oh, and btw, BRING BACK BEAM WARS! Such a fun, and unexpected aspect to combat.
Main issue is that Simon Strange no longer works with Pipeworks and they no longer have a Godzilla license. Things would be much easier if we sought out a new developer.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Svitska Donkun wrote: Pipeworks had the engine perfect in STE.
I disagree, I think the monsters need to feel more like guys in rubber suits and not have such exaggerated movements. I do love the STE engine, though.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

1, 2, 2.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for a fan game to be developed on the computer than consoles anyway?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: -The assist power-ups like SD mentioned,just different(Super X,Meganula swarm,Garuda,Aggregate Destoroyahs)
Actually, now that I think about it, the giant condor would be perfect for this!
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Question 1: Option 1# (But Option 3 is the next option if things don't go properly well. Just have a inspired Godzilla character playable within the roster)
Question 2: Option 1# (A real time 3D fighter, but have a real time cinematic special like Cyberconnect2's Ultimate Ninja Storm games)
Question 3: Option 1# (PS3 and 360! Much greater capacity to create a better Godzilla/Kaiju game than the Wii!)
tymon wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote: Pipeworks had the engine perfect in STE.
I disagree, I think the monsters need to feel more like guys in rubber suits and not have such exaggerated movements. I do love the STE engine, though.
I have to agree (To an extent), the movements of the monsters were kinda exaggerated. (Now if it were Godzilla 73/75 and Godzilla GFW then it would be acceptable)

But these are, ya know, massive giant monsters, they need to at least feel like them. Restrain some of the speed of the movements (Like running), pull it back slightly. Besides that, make the ground crack underneath their foot-steps, make the buildings quake slightly.

Also we should have some interaction arenas like War of the Monsters but a few, more unique. Like who wouldn't want to fight on the Red Bamboo base, and if the fight has drawn out too long, then the nuclear self destruct timer will appear on the left side of the screen. But instead of 1 hour, you have 20 seconds to wrap up the match. If both sides aren't able to, then both monsters go down with the island and the match ends in a draw. If a monster wins before that time, then the winning monster jumps off the island and swims, or flies away.
JVM wrote:1, 2, 2.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for a fan game to be developed on the computer than consoles anyway?
Mmm...Depends on the software, and it depends on what graphic card is needed and what other plugins that must be installed. Besides that, your laptop/computer must be able to be updated enough to run the game, or else it will be a slug fest in pace with some poor graphics, leaving a poor experience and probably might feel like a waste of money and time.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Tyler wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:You don;t feel a little bit bad saying that? Not only are you being quick to shrug off new Godzilla content to spur fun and discussion in the fandom for the next few years, but you also neglect that a great Godzilla game could lasso in new fans to a shrinking fandom. Incomprehensible. I would think for any major Godzilla fan, the idea of a new Godzilla video game that would rely on fan input possibly much more than Unleashed, would be a friggin' GODSEND.
I think it'd be cooler to get a game with monster designs by Matt Frank. You wouldn't have to deal with Toho. There wouldn't be as many limits. Remember War of the Monster from the makers of Twisted Metal? It could be a stylized manga/anime Frank version of that.
Well, why don't we have a original kaiju fighter game, but with Godzilla as a guest character, or a secret unlockable character? Hell, even a DLC character would be fine as well.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ゴジラ wrote:
Tyler wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:
Well, why don't we have a original kaiju fighter game, but with Godzilla as a guest character, or a secret unlockable character? Hell, even a DLC character would be fine as well.
This and Gamera as well.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Mmm....Yeah, I think that would be the best route to go with.

Have a original kaiju fighter, but with Godzilla and Gamera as Guest/DLC Characters. Best of all three options! And is less expensive than completely making a Godzilla game or a Gamera game.

Either that, or have a original kaiju fighter, but while also having a inspired Godzilla and Gamera monster, and before completely placing them into the game, show us a select number of designs and allow the fans to choose the best one to represent the monster and use for the game.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Blackout286 wrote:Mmm....Yeah, I think that would be the best route to go with.

Have a original kaiju fighter, but with Godzilla and Gamera as Guest/DLC Characters. Best of all three options! And is less expensive than completely making a Godzilla game or a Gamera game.

Either that, or have a original kaiju fighter, but while also having a inspired Godzilla and Gamera monster, and before completely placing them into the game, show us a select number of designs and allow the fans to choose the best one to represent the monster and use for the game.
Best idea ever right here.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

Well, Blackout instead of having two inspired monsters, we could just have one monster inspired by both characters all in one form. (Both Godzilla and Gamera as one monster by Matt)

Saves more roster space/slots and less strain on the budget.

Well now, seems we've already got a design and monster that I'm sure everyone would be willing to play as or try out. All that needs to be done is establish a new origin (Since its both Godzilla and Gamera) and make up a moveset.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

I think if we only could do a original kaiju fighter game, Godamera should be within the roster and be the main focus/star monster. I had almost forgotten how overwhelmingly badass Kaijusamrai's Godamera was. He should be playable!

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Godamera is....Amazingly Godly. Now I want this possible kaiju game to be a all original monster fighter if it means getting that perfect creation as a playable character,
SpanishBulldog63 wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:I think if we only could do a original kaiju fighter game, Godamera should be within the roster and be the main focus/star monster. I had almost forgotten how overwhelmingly badass Kaijusamrai's Godamera was. He should be playable!
Think Kongzilla could get a shot at this as well,maybe as the main enemy monster?
Kongzilla could work, but as a possible main enemy? Like Final Boss?
I could kinda see that..Create a powerful genetic mutation from the world's most mightiest past monsters. Note, past monsters. Kong and Godzilla aren't in the game, but we can give a slight nod or hint about them through the actual monster itself.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Make Kongzilla and Godamera playable that would be sick.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Well me and my friends are interested in contributing (As in pooling the money needed to help set things off, man, it feels great having a job, especially when things like this come up).