Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Sekizawa
Samurai

Re: Godzilla Defense Force – Mobile Game by Nexon/Studio 42

Post by Sekizawa »

It ‘fixed bugs’, added BGM for the kaiju dungeon, and fixed the Dorat ally image.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Sekizawa wrote:D-03 is level 8 and it’s boosting the active skill 18%.
So at level 5 Super Mechagodzilla is at DPS 145 with a active skill boost of 18%?

That feels off... or at least having trouble getting a whole number for the base from that.
Naruto65 wrote:There was an Update this early morning, but there's no notes for it on the playstore or from Nexon.... Most likely an update having to do with a future server side update.... Maybe...
Beyond what Sekizawa mentioned, it fixed the damage for the Mothra Yui costume finally (my damage just went from 193.99 mm on Sydney to 290.98 mm after updating).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

S-03 at level 8 would be a 16% increase, which would line up with the stats given for MG02 (23.2). Taking that number and applying it to the SMG stat given would mean that SMG at level 5 deals 125, with the additional 16% boosting that to 145. This would make SMG equivalent to MG03, who also deals 125 at level 5.

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Brianzilla2004 wrote:S-03 at level 8 would be a 16% increase, which would line up with the stats given for MG02 (23.2). Taking that number and applying it to the SMG stat given would mean that SMG at level 5 deals 125, with the additional 16% boosting that to 145. This would make SMG equivalent to MG03, who also deals 125 at level 5.

Yes, the 16% is correct for D-03, my apologies...I was looking at the box that shows what the result will be if you level up (18%).

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

The new update also added new background music to the Kaiju Dungeon preparation menu, a nice little touch!

Also, I'm a little late to this, but if I had to guess, Varan, Anguirus '68, and Manda '68 are in the game files in preparation for a future dungeon level based on Destroy All Monsters. Can anyone post their sprites if possible? I'd love to see them!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Probably going to have to time travel again tomorrow because I've hit a wall in the game, the only reason I haven't done it yet is because I don't want to lose my unit progress in the Kaiju Dungeon but after today that'll be locked till Tuesday so in that time frame I should earn more than enough money to level up Tokyo again.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:Also, I'm a little late to this, but if I had to guess, Varan, Anguirus '68, and Manda '68 are in the game files in preparation for a future dungeon level based on Destroy All Monsters.
A good thought, but...
Spoiler:
It's Varan '58 and Anguirus '55 in the game files. That doesn't mean they can't do a DAM based dungeon level, as they could with Baragon '68, Manda '68 and then Godzilla '68.

As for Varan '58 and Anguirus '55... maybe they want to do a black and white style dungeon? If so they could mix those two with Godzilla '54 for that theme.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

Arbok wrote:
Spoiler:
It's Varan '58 and Anguirus '55 in the game files. That doesn't mean they can't do a DAM based dungeon level, as they could with Baragon '68, Manda '68 and then Godzilla '68.

As for Varan '58 and Anguirus '55... maybe they want to do a black and white style dungeon? If so they could mix those two with Godzilla '54 for that theme.
Spoiler:
If they do a B&W dungeon, they could even throw in G55. Why not? They added Mothra ('66) to the Sea Monster dungeon. Hopefully we'll be getting a card of her, and any other future dungeon-based monsters, soon.

My Corns Hurt
Ronin

Post by My Corns Hurt »

Speaking of kaiju dungeons, sorry if this has been answered already but at what level does Yui's Mothra costume get upgraded?

Does she get bouncier as the level goes up? (That's sarcasm, folks.)

Sekizawa
Samurai

Post by Sekizawa »

Level 10 gets you the costume and a 50% boost to attack. Level 20 raises attack bonus to 100%, and Level 30 to 300%.
Last edited by Sekizawa on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

If you missed out on the summonable Ghidorah 64 that costed real life money, you can obtain it via the rare pack. Hoping Mothra 92 is there too.

AlexSledge
Ronin

Post by AlexSledge »

Hello all,

I've been playing GDF fairly intensely the past few week, and I have some questions/thoughts which I want to run by others.

Ok, so I am certainly not at the very end game, but I do hit stage 20 on the moon, and around stage 370 on Tokyo. I get over 3,000 time shards when I time travel usually, so at least it feels like I am pretty far along.

First, and I think this is a bug, is that while I tend to play all three cards in a burst, there are times when it plays two of the same card, instead of my three cards.... so I end up losing a 1200% attack bump for a second 480% production bump (or similar), "wasting" a whole take down attempt of a kaiju. Anyone else seeing this behavior? I've seen it at least a dozen or so times so far.

Next, I think everyone knows you can trigger the next card once the image fades across the white "action streak" that appears when you play a card, instead of waiting for the card countdown timer to appear, in effect getting all three cards to trigger at almost the same instant (to maximize their overlapping effect) - but it appears that at times during a kaiju battle it doesn't recognize my touches.... I've gotten to where I notice it happening I touch several times (and usually a second or two goes by) before it registers..... and I've never seen this happen outside of kaiju battle, always fires off perfectly against the trash minions. Anyone else play enough to see this?

As far as strategy goes, I always upgrade the most power base item first. If you can't, save up until you can, and keep repeating until you are able to purchase the new more powerful structure. Always move to new cities immediately when you can. Once you are ten levels deep into the moon, consider going back and unlocking the rest of the base structures in the lower cities, and maxing the most powerful one (not level 3, but MAX max). Once on the moon once progress slows down I will start taking the building one step down from the most powerful to the next tier for the damage boost to help me clear the hurdle on upgrading the most powerful building. Seems to be working fairly well.

For my ally I'm using a maxed out Minilla, alongside maxed Godzilla '02 & '03 and whichever tier 2 card matches the most powerful base building in that city. Seems to be working fairly well, though granted I haven't experiment much with going the route of criticals.

So I am curious if I'm overlooking anything, or could otherwise speed things up. Any other card strategies work really well? Is the kaiju dungeon supposed to be harder? I blast through level 30 with over 100 seconds left, so not sure if that's OK/normal. Also, I assume we're getting another dungeon at some point?
Last edited by AlexSledge on Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

Just to be clear, you're playing the game with three cards at a time, and as the timer resets per card you play it again?
Last edited by Naruto65 on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexSledge
Ronin

Post by AlexSledge »

So, no - it's not a second play of any card. It's the first play of 3 different cards, and sometimes it screws up and plays the same card effect twice instead of all three different card effects.

Example... the three cards I have been using lately are 1200% attack boost all, 480% production speed boost all, then 500% attack boost of whatever the most powerful building is (usually turret). And instead, for example, it will pop with two 480% production speed boosts and the 500% attack boost instead of the 1200% boost. Doesn't seem to be specific to any one of the cards - I just see the double countdown timer, and less-than desired effectiveness vs the Kaiju.
Last edited by AlexSledge on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

AlexSledge wrote:So, no - it's not a second play of any card. It's the first play of 3 different cards, and sometimes it screws up and plays the same card effect twice instead of all three different card effects.

Example... the three cards I have been using lately are 1200% attack boost all, 480% production speed boost all, then 500% attack boost of whatever the most powerful building is (usually turret). And instead, for example, it will pop with two 480% production speed boosts and the 500% attack boost instead of the 1200% boost. Doesn't seem to be specific to any one of the cards - I just see the double countdown timer, and less-than desired effectiveness vs the Kaiju.
iOS or android? Screen record this if you can and share.

Are you card stacking beyond 3? Like playing 8 cards at once?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

AlexSledge wrote:So, no - it's not a second play of any card. It's the first play of 3 different cards, and sometimes it screws up and plays the same card effect twice instead of all three different card effects.
This is a known issue, sadly. It happens when you play two cards "too close to each other" and is easiest to repeat with the 4 star cards as they have animations before the effect takes place.

The solution, right now, is to wait to play the next card until you see the boost appear on the screen for the first.

AlexSledge
Ronin

Post by AlexSledge »

This is a known issue, sadly. It happens when you play two cards "too close to each other" and is easiest to repeat with the 4 star cards as they have animations before the effect takes place.

The solution, right now, is to wait to play the next card until you see the boost appear on the screen for the first.
Alas, figured it was a race condition of some kind. Currently I've been delaying card play.

I do have a screenshot of the recent time it happened.... but guess it's not necessary at this point. Imagine two "SPD 480%" badges next to each other, and there you go.

And in my case this in iOS.
Last edited by AlexSledge on Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Naruto65
Futurian

Post by Naruto65 »

I'm on android and I haven't experienced this issue.

Brianzilla2004
Samurai

Post by Brianzilla2004 »

AlexSledge wrote:For my ally I'm using a maxed out Minilla, alongside maxed Godzilla '02 & '03 and whichever tier 2 card matches the most powerful base building in that city. Seems to be working fairly well, though granted I haven't experiment much with going the route of criticals.
I would replace Godzilla ('02) with Godzilla ('68), and then use a four star card that increases attack power (Keizer Ghidorah is typically my third, with few exceptions). You don't need to use Shobijin ('04) to play these cards together. You can go into the mission screen and wait for your G-Cells to replenish.

Minilla's a solid Ally, but after playing with a maxed out Minilla and a maxed out Mysterian, I've gotta say that Mysterian is the way to go if you want to do major damage. I switch to Shobijin ('03) on easier stages to farm Moonstones.

gojiracentral
Ronin

Post by gojiracentral »

Naruto65 wrote:I'm on android and I haven't experienced this issue.
I am also on an android and have experienced this issue rather frequently. Slowing down seems to eliminate the problem, as Arbok has said.