Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GreatNate98
Ronin

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by GreatNate98 »

Hey so does anybody have any tips for the online VS mode? I'm a bit late to the party and just got the game lol. I'm really liking it, and I thought I was getting pretty good but the moment I get online BOOM I get completely torn apart. What seems to happen a lot is I get caught in a combo, I'll R2 to try and get out, but the other guy just R2's back and returns to the business of pummeling me until I'm dead. I get the sense that people generally agree the online mode has some... room for improvement... but nevertheless, I still enjoy it, and I was hoping to get better.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The biggest tip that I can give for the VS mode, is to not go into the VS mode :lol:. Other than that, if you truly desire to play against other people, then right now you really should try and hang back from the action if you can, while the other two hash it out. With only, I'm assuming, one breath charge at the moment, and little to no additional skills unlocked, you're really going to have to play as smart and "tactically" as the game will allow. Don't be afraid to turn tail and run if you need to, or else you will get overwhelmed and killed in no time. If you can manage to tag team one player with the temporary help of another, then do so. Save your charge for only when it's necessary, spam the roar to mitigate any attacks, use the pulse to get a player off your back or to stop a heavy attack, etc.

Honestly though, if you're really committed to playing online, then I would go grind out the campaign mode for a bit just so you'll be able to unlock more skills, more bars for your beam weapon, and more monsters that may fit your playstyle better.

#BotM

GreatNate98
Ronin

Post by GreatNate98 »

Godzilla165 wrote:The biggest tip that I can give for the VS mode, is to not go into the VS mode :lol:.
Haha that's what I thought you guys would say :huge:

Anyway thanks for the pointers. I guess one of my biggest mistakes was rushing in too fast and giving my opponents a reason to target me haha. Roaring a lot is a good tip too; I need to learn to play more defensively and anticipate my opponents' next move. This thing is such a mind game sometimes. The way roaring actually works as intimidation, and the shifting alliances between players (we all know that moment when two of us are going at it until we both kinda realize the third guy is still at full health and we need to team up). I love it.

Oh yeah and SAVING MY CHARGE. YES. How many times have I just used it all up out of instinct only to get punished without an emergency dodge to fall back on?? This is critical.

And yeah obviously leveling up my monsters is a must if I'm gonna keep at this. It does get easier once the monster's leveled up more, but sometimes I still get caught in really really nasty combos especially from Heisei Godzilla, from which I find there is often no escape no matter how leveled I am... while the third player just looks on and I'm like "UHH A LITTLE HELP?"

Oh well just gotta keep practicing! 8-) Thanks again.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Wait. People still play this online?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GreatNate98
Ronin

Post by GreatNate98 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Wait. People still play this online?
I was surprised too. I expected it to be much deader than it is.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Old game, we need a new one.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

goji89 wrote:Old game, we need a new one.
What do you mean "need a new one?" We got a fresh Godzilla game you can play on the go!

...Well, long as your willing to pay hundreds of bucks and watch hundreds of ads just to unlock stuff that is.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

tyrantgoji wrote:
What do you mean "need a new one?" We got a fresh Godzilla game you can play on the go!

...Well, long as your willing to pay hundreds of bucks and watch hundreds of ads just to unlock stuff that is.
Oh I know about that game but hell nah am I playing it. I've heard about it's problems. I'm talking about a console game we can all rally behind.
Last edited by goji89 on Tue May 05, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I know lol just kidding. Hopefully something for the big consoles can come soon, i'd love a Godzilla game that i can play on my Nintendo Switch!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Hell yeah, a switch game would be very welcomed.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

goji89 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:

Oh I know about that game but hell nah am I playing it. I've heard about it's problems. I'm talking about a console game we can all rally behind.
Don't lie to the thread goji, you know you just can't ok a game where you have to kill Godzilla (1989) to progress.

RIP Evan.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Don't lie to the thread goji, you know you just can't ok a game where you have to kill Godzilla (1989) to progress.
:shock:

Oh well in that case....

Fuck that game to Hell.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Was this game received better in Japan than in the west?

DragonZord13
GPN Volunteer

Post by DragonZord13 »

Is their a effective Route or system to unlocking all the Evolution Skills? Or to gain them in a somewhat faster way. Right now I only have 4 monsters maxed out. I'm not asking for a fast grind but perhaps a effective path to maxing all the monsters.
I like shows where Japanese folks change into spandex clad heroes and fight rubber suits.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

DragonZord13 wrote:Is their a effective Route or system to unlocking all the Evolution Skills? Or to gain them in a somewhat faster way. Right now I only have 4 monsters maxed out. I'm not asking for a fast grind but perhaps a effective path to maxing all the monsters.
All I can say is, get Jet Jaguar out of the way. Look up the specific conditions to get him and keep getting him, cause he normally never shows up randomly and you will need his circuit boards if you wanna fully max out everyone.

DragonZord13
GPN Volunteer

Post by DragonZord13 »

So other than that it is otherwise a slow grind to Max Monster potential?
I like shows where Japanese folks change into spandex clad heroes and fight rubber suits.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

It's crazy how expensive used copies of this game are, regardless of region, or whether they're the PS3 version or the PS4 version. Sheesh.
Friends don't lie.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

John Pannozzi wrote:It's crazy how expensive used copies of this game are, regardless of region, or whether they're the PS3 version or the PS4 version. Sheesh.
Cause as much as it got shit on for being boring, they know the Godzilla fanbase is starved for any kind of game.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Living Corpse wrote:
John Pannozzi wrote:It's crazy how expensive used copies of this game are, regardless of region, or whether they're the PS3 version or the PS4 version. Sheesh.
Cause as much as it got poop on for being boring, they know the Godzilla fanbase is starved for any kind of game.
I mean, at the time I felt this was one of the most interesting PS4 exclusives to me (yeah, I know it was also on PS3, but the PS4 version seemed better, OK?). But I still haven't got a PS4, and I basically missed my chance to get this game (at least for a reasonable price).
Friends don't lie.