Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Bandai Namco's 『ゴジラ-GODZILLA-』PS3/PS4 GAME

Post by BlankAccount »

This game could have used World Children's Land to spice up the levels. Heck I heard they had planned DLC where you attack a Red Bamboo base. You know I think that really irks me, that DLC was planned but got canceled because of the poor reception it received in the west.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I'm surprised their are no texture mods yet, or at least that I'm aware of.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

DragonZord13 wrote:What gets me is it took this long to dig into the game's code? I would assume the other version of Kiryu was scrapped for 1960's Godzilla. Anything else within the game's code or are you folks still digging?
The biggest obstacle that prevented datamining for the PS4 version was that the game's files weren't available anywhere until February last year. In fact, the update containing the 1964 Godzilla is still unavailable (well, it's downloadable, but it requires a passcode that only the developers would know in order to unpack the files). It's a shame though because the patch seems to be unusually large for only containing a single character (about 13-27MB) and "improved game stability". Interestingly, the patch size differs between regions, with the EU patch being about 863.6MB, the US patch at 723.1MB, and the JP patch being only 300.4MB. Makes you wonder why the patch size would be so drastically different between regions.

There's a lot of unused audio for the game. I still need to figure out what is and isn't used, but there's some dialogue indicates there would have been a lot more disaster levels than there actually are in the game. There's also a few test files and debug menus, but I haven't been able to do much with them yet.
UltimateDitto wrote:I'm surprised their are no texture mods yet, or at least that I'm aware of.
I did attempt a texture mod that would remove the burning patches from Burning Godzilla, but it didn't turn out very well. The issue is that we currently can't recompress modified files with the same LZS compression that the original files use. From what I can tell so far, the game won't properly read the file if it isn't LZS compressed.

Showa Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showa Gojira »

Godzilla165 wrote:Whenever I have that Godzilla itch, this game goes a long way in satisfying it. Despite its flaws, I just love how it honestly does feel like I'm playing through one of the movies, and the amount of fan service put into it. It's my go to game to sit back and chill with for a good hour or two. I love the amount of monsters we get, but I do wish that we got a bit more, and that the variants didn't get separated slots. Showa MechaGodzilla, Battra, and Mothra should've only gotten one slot and you picked their different versions like you did with Heisei Godzilla. Maybe even give Gigan and Kiryu their different variants as well, and allowed for the latter to drop his weapon pack and get a speed boost.

What we got is, to me, a solid Godzilla game that shouldn't have been charged at full price; maybe people wouldn't have been so hard on it if it was $30 instead. I haven't touched the dead multiplayer though, and don't ever plan to either, lol.
Pretty much my thoughts on the game. It's fun just to play and rampage through a city getting to fight a new monster each level. I really wish they had more time and bigger budget to develop the game, or that it did well enough to warrant a sequel. This game with more monsters, a better combat system, local multiplayer, and mission variety would be absolutely amazing. Still fun to play every once in awhile when I want to play a game that emulates the feel of a Godzilla movie.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:40 pm
Best kaiju game ever. Like, seriously, awesome to play and full of cool little nods to the films that make it up. Ten out of ten. Worth waiting for.

"GODZILLA - ULTRAMAN - GAMERA: ALL MONSTERS ATTACK!"
http://kaijubeatemup.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6vZKr ... XgWG0hADNA
The Thread: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =19&t=5609

DragonZord13
GPN Volunteer

Post by DragonZord13 »

So a game that the US masses didn't care for has decent roadblocks that hinder hackers from getting us the juicy details? I...I don't know how to feel about that... But at least we got a little bit of info on the game. Is their anything that can help you crack Godzilla PS4 faster? That unused dialogue has my interest. Or better yet, is their a way to implement the unused content back into the game? (I recall some things like the other Kiryu being unfinished or not in the game properly)
I like shows where Japanese folks change into spandex clad heroes and fight rubber suits.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Those roadblocks exist for all PS4 games to prevent people from pirating the games, so it isn't exclusive to Godzilla. Once people developed jailbreaks for the PS4, it was just a matter of waiting for someone who owns the game to upload the files online. Also, I ended up finding out I was wrong. The game was apparently uploaded as early as late 2015. Whoops lol

I'll try to get a video with all the dialogue some time soon. Since I don't own a jailbroken PS4, I wouldn't be able to run any mods or restore any content for the PS4 version. I can access some of the unused content (like the test map) in the PS3 version through an emulator, but implementing them into the game in a professional manner is probably not possible due to the game's LZS compression. Unfortunately, the 2002 version of Kiryu isn't in the files besides a single reference in text and the few images I posted earlier.

DragonZord13
GPN Volunteer

Post by DragonZord13 »

Well I can look forward to a dialogue video in the future. I'll take it!
I like shows where Japanese folks change into spandex clad heroes and fight rubber suits.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

Has anyone here tried running the game on the PS3 emulator?

I've been reading up on it and watching recorded gameplay. The game is playable and stable from all that I've seen

I would love to play it on PC as my PS3 controller has broken

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The Godzilla King wrote:Those roadblocks exist for all PS4 games to prevent people from pirating the games, so it isn't exclusive to Godzilla. Once people developed jailbreaks for the PS4, it was just a matter of waiting for someone who owns the game to upload the files online. Also, I ended up finding out I was wrong. The game was apparently uploaded as early as late 2015. Whoops lol

I'll try to get a video with all the dialogue some time soon. Since I don't own a jailbroken PS4, I wouldn't be able to run any mods or restore any content for the PS4 version. I can access some of the unused content (like the test map) in the PS3 version through an emulator, but implementing them into the game in a professional manner is probably not possible due to the game's LZS compression. Unfortunately, the 2002 version of Kiryu isn't in the files besides a single reference in text and the few images I posted earlier.
Any more juicy info?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

TOOTH & CLAW CHALLENGE (No Commentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH__36PCXrg

TOOTH & CLAW Challenge Rules:
-No energy attacks or emergency moves.
-No Atomic Breath
-No Nuclear Pulse
-Must be on Hard mode

Wasn't as hard as I thought, I got lucky in that Hedorah and Destroyer didn't show up. Or any 100 meter monster when I was below 85 meters. Though I lost several hours fighting the Mothra & Battra gang in adult form, also lost an hour to Legendary Godzilla till I figured out I could cheese him with the tail club as I walk backwards.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

So, this game was ever supposedly to have Shin Godzilla sometime? Like, a possible Shin Godzilla DLC.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ReiwaGodzilla wrote:So, this game was ever supposedly to have Shin Godzilla sometime? Like, a possible Shin Godzilla DLC.
Apparently if the game did better, Godzilla 2000, Megalon and Shin would have been DLC while the sequel would have had Bagan as the final boss. Yet again does the supposed ultimate enemy of Godzilla get scrapped! :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
ReiwaGodzilla wrote:So, this game was ever supposedly to have Shin Godzilla sometime? Like, a possible Shin Godzilla DLC.
Apparently if the game did better, Godzilla 2000, Megalon and Shin would have been DLC while the sequel would have had Bagan as the final boss. Yet again does the supposed ultimate enemy of Godzilla get scrapped! :lol:
I can't believe Bagan got scrapped again lol.

Though, Shin would've been pretty cool, it would fit pretty well the game, Megalon is really missing, at this point, i think it's pretty iconic and definitely a must in every Godzilla game, G2000 would be nice, we would have a Godzilla of each era.
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

tyrantgoji wrote:
Can't speak for G2K, Megalon or Shin, but Bagan was up for the job if they ever did work on a sequel. No mention that he would've been a final boss, just merely a consideration since some of the folks who worked on the game were familiar with/enjoyed Super Godzilla.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GigaBowserG wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
Can't speak for G2K, Megalon or Shin, but Bagan was up for the job if they ever did work on a sequel. No mention that he would've been a final boss, just merely a consideration since some of the folks who worked on the game were familiar with/enjoyed Super Godzilla.
Shin was planned as DLC, as was a level where you attack the Red Bamboo Army's base on their Letchi Island hideout. That's all I know for DLC.

I don know monsters such as Zone Fighter, Monster X, Super Godzilla and Bagan were considered for the roster but weather they meant for the main cast or as DLC extras I don't know or remember.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

From what I remember hearing about planned stuff

- Zone Fighter and the MUTOs were both considered but had to be scrapped due to rights issues
- Monster X (and possibly Keizer Ghidorah) was planned but was reluctantly scrapped due to modeling Hedorah messing with the modeling time
- Grand King Ghidorah was also supposed to be the game's Ghidorah representation but again got scrapped for the easier to do Heisei after the mess Hedorah's model caused.
- Jet Jaguar was never planned, one of the modelers did him as a gag and the game's producer Shunsuke Fujita quote "couldn't say no" and officially implemented him.
- The game previews featured Super Kiryu (Kiryu with Garuda attached) but this never came to be, probably do to Toho not liking the mixing.
- mentioned DLC plans were a Rodan centric DLC with him as the playable character and a "Best Of The 60s" pack (which would have had the aforementioned Red Bamboo bases and armies as enemies, the nuclear weather machine from Son of Godzilla with Kamacuras and Kumonga for obvious reasons, and astronaut polticitian Glen)
- Shunsuke Fujita wanted 1962 as the PS4 version's Showa representation but crunch time forced them to go with 64.
- Similarly, Kong was considered but again scrapped due to the whole rights thing.
- the sequel was supposed to be a 3D remake of Super Godzilla with Bagan as the final boss. The Kiryu Saga Godzilla would have replaced Heisei as the default Godzilla in this game.
- in general, Shunsuke Fujita said with the exception of Zilla (who moved too fast for the game and his concept), he apparently had plans to implement EVERY monster. He even jokingly said he had plans for Godzuki.

Not sure how many of these are legit but these are the main things I heard though the grape vine about the game

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:From what I remember hearing about planned stuff

- Zone Fighter and the MUTOs were both considered but had to be scrapped due to rights issues
- Monster X (and possibly Keizer Ghidorah) was planned but was reluctantly scrapped due to modeling Hedorah messing with the modeling time
- Grand King Ghidorah was also supposed to be the game's Ghidorah representation but again got scrapped for the easier to do Heisei after the mess Hedorah's model caused.
- Jet Jaguar was never planned, one of the modelers did him as a gag and the game's producer Shunsuke Fujita quote "couldn't say no" and officially implemented him.
- The game previews featured Super Kiryu (Kiryu with Garuda attached) but this never came to be, probably do to Toho not liking the mixing.
- mentioned DLC plans were a Rodan centric DLC with him as the playable character and a "Best Of The 60s" pack (which would have had the aforementioned Red Bamboo bases and armies as enemies, the nuclear weather machine from Son of Godzilla with Kamacuras and Kumonga for obvious reasons, and astronaut polticitian Glen)
- Shunsuke Fujita wanted 1962 as the PS4 version's Showa representation but crunch time forced them to go with 64.
- Similarly, Kong was considered but again scrapped due to the whole rights thing.
- the sequel was supposed to be a 3D remake of Super Godzilla with Bagan as the final boss. The Kiryu Saga Godzilla would have replaced Heisei as the default Godzilla in this game.
- in general, Shunsuke Fujita said with the exception of Zilla (who moved too fast for the game and his concept), he apparently had plans to implement EVERY monster. He even jokingly said he had plans for Godzuki.

Not sure how many of these are legit but these are the main things I heard though the grape vine about the game
Supposedly they had planned the twins to power up Mothra with their singing but if you find the building they are in and smash it it stops her power up.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Oh yeah, I remember that too. That would have been dark fun but I think Toho nixed it for obvious reasons :p

RIP Evan.

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:From what I remember hearing about planned stuff

Oh god, I'll never forgive Hedorah for what he did with Monster X and Grand King Ghidorah

Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Oh yeah, I remember that too. That would have been dark fun but I think Toho nixed it for obvious reasons :p
Unfortunately lol

Added in 5 minutes 17 seconds:
Playing with Keizer Ghidorah seems pretty interesting besides how stiff and slow it's, at least the agile and spooky nature of Monster X compensates that. I'm really tired of Heisei King Ghidorah almost always participating in interesting things like this game.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

I also remember they nerfed Destoroyah in the final product. They originally had his chest beam as a special attack that was an instakill.