Godzilla Unleashed Glitch List

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
GreatNate98
Ronin

Godzilla Unleashed Glitch List

Post by GreatNate98 »

Anyone notice how Godzilla unleashed has a lot of glitches? Here's what I've come up with so far:

• Monsters can get stuck on buildings.
• It is possible to go into the out of bounds area in Osaka, Seattle, Monster Island and San Francisco.
• During a monster’s victory roar, buildings and other objects can block the view.
• Buildings don't seem to have any collision detection when monsters are thrown into them
• Buildings, crystals and monsters become invisible when looking through the windows of building rubble. Only sky and the ground will show up.
• Megauirus cannot complete the tutorial.
• When Mechagodzilla or Mechagodzilla 2 lock beams, their eye beams get misplaced.
• The King Caesar CPU stops fighting for no apparent reason, and simply stands there doing nothing.
• King Caesar’s theme song never plays in versus mode
• Mothra’s tail can get “kinked” in an odd way.
• The Mothra and Baragon CPU’s don’t even try when engaged in a beam battle.
• Megalon’s beam is impossible to aim. It always points upwards.
• Destoroyah’s Horn Katana uses no energy, and is really cheap.
• Grabbing SpaceGodzilla will cause him to do that noise he makes when lifting something up. This noise lasts for a long time before stopping.
Last edited by GreatNate98 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Unleashed Glitch List

Post by Spuro »

Here's a Mothra glitch, and probably my favourite glitch in the game.

Play as Mothra on Monster Island and burrow into the caged nook in the cliff, and then slide up as far against the cliff as you can. Transform into an adult, and you will be on the top of the cliff. You can now fly out of bounds.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

GreatNate98 wrote: • Unresponsive controls
• During a monster’s victory roar, buildings and other objects can block the view.
• Buildings remain unharmed if a monster is thrown into them.
• Buildings, crystals and monsters become invisible when looking through the windows of building rubble. Only sky and the ground will show up.
• It’s really hard to aim Jet Jaguar’s beam when he’s either big or small.
• King Caesar’s theme song never plays in versus mode.
• The Moguera CPU is suicidal, and almost always advances forward while in a beam battle, causing an explosion to happen which knocks down both monsters.
• Many of Moguera’s weapons are cheaply able to knock down entire health bars.
• Moguera’s auto lasers can destroy a building in a single hit.
• When Anguirus does his sonic roar, his tongue looks really awkward.
• Kiryu’s Absolute Zero Cannon is really hard to aim.
• With most characters, you can go straight from blocking to attacking, even if you’re still holding the block button. But not with Varan. With Varan, you need to let go of the block button before you can attack.
• Mechagodzilla 2’s forward and backward attacks seem to be reversed.
• Mechagodzilla 2’s Plasma Grenade attack uses no energy.
• When you do the “soar” move as Fire Rodan, he sometimes stays close to the ground, when he’s supposed to be flying really high.
• Destoroyah’s Oxygen Destroyer attack is extremely cheap. It knocks down an entire health bar.
• Gigan’s tap C attack can destroy a building in a single hit.
• Obsidius’ beam aims wonky.
Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm pretty sure these ones aren't really glitches.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

GreatNate98
Ronin

Post by GreatNate98 »

Superrex wrote:
GreatNate98 wrote: • Unresponsive controls
• Buildings remain unharmed if a monster is thrown into them.
• It’s really hard to aim Jet Jaguar’s beam when he’s either big or small.
• King Caesar’s theme song never plays in versus mode.
• The Moguera CPU is suicidal, and almost always advances forward while in a beam battle, causing an explosion to happen which knocks down both monsters.
• Many of Moguera’s weapons are cheaply able to knock down entire health bars.
• Moguera’s auto lasers can destroy a building in a single hit.
• When Anguirus does his sonic roar, his tongue looks really awkward.
• Kiryu’s Absolute Zero Cannon is really hard to aim.
• With most characters, you can go straight from blocking to attacking, even if you’re still holding the block button. But not with Varan. With Varan, you need to let go of the block button before you can attack.
• Mechagodzilla 2’s forward and backward attacks seem to be reversed.
• Mechagodzilla 2’s Plasma Grenade attack uses no energy.
• When you do the “soar” move as Fire Rodan, he sometimes stays close to the ground, when he’s supposed to be flying really high.
• Destoroyah’s Oxygen Destroyer attack is extremely cheap. It knocks down an entire health bar.
• Gigan’s tap C attack can destroy a building in a single hit.
• Obsidius’ beam aims wonky.
Correct me if I'm wrong,but I'm pretty sure these ones aren't really glitches.
Well, call them "imperfections" then. But most that I listed are glitches, I think.

GreatNate98
Ronin

Post by GreatNate98 »

Living Corpse wrote:I think these glitches have been all reported years ago when the game first came out.
Yeah, well I only got the game this year.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

GreatNate98 wrote: Yeah, well I only got the game this year.
What have you been doing with your time?
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

Shadow wrote:
GreatNate98 wrote: Yeah, well I only got the game this year.
What have you been doing with your time?
He must have been doing bigger and better things; Like developing relationships, Getting a Job, Finding a place to live, and/or Paying Taxes

Back onto a serious note, When I play as Mechagodzilla 2, after I complete the Level "Gassed", if I return to Osaka, I fight a skeleton frame.
This millenium hair is simply fabulous

Oooo I could get used to this look

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Play as Mothra on Monster Island and burrow into the caged nook in the cliff, and then slide up as far against the cliff as you can. Transform into an adult, and you will be on the top of the cliff. You can now fly out of bounds.
I might actually have to dig Unleashed out of my Wii games pile and try this one out.
L Lawliet wrote:Back onto a serious note, When I play as Mechagodzilla 2, after I complete the Level "Gassed", if I return to Osaka, I fight a skeleton frame.
What... what do you mean by "skeleton frame"? Like a model mesh's skeleton used for animating?
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

Godzillabrawler wrote:What... what do you mean by "skeleton frame"? Like a model mesh's skeleton used for animating?
Yes, like the one used on Macrosaurus.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

L Lawliet wrote:
Godzillabrawler wrote:What... what do you mean by "skeleton frame"? Like a model mesh's skeleton used for animating?
That's hilarious! could you post a picture?!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

zilla103192 wrote:
L Lawliet wrote:
That's hilarious! could you post a picture?!
Sorry, I don't own a camera, and I can't spare the money for a new one; I got in contact with the guy I bought it from, he said he hacked my copy, so I am probably gonna go throw it away anyway

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

L Lawliet wrote:
You're fighting a monster under the influence of the crystal powerup. Monsters with that ability have a smooth gem-shading look to them, which is not dissimilar to a 3D model view.

If you defeat them, you gain that power for yourself. Not a glitch.

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

I just looked at it more closely, it is just a messed up King Caesar Model.

Lacks texture and colors.

Hidorajira98
Ronin

Post by Hidorajira98 »

Here's one I discovered with Rodan. I'll post a video when I record it. So if you hold Z then use the Fly Loop attack, Rodan will just float while you keep holding Z. You can move at normal speed but you have that defense too. The Discus Kick becomes extremely broken if you spam it repeatedly. You come back down if you try to grapple, throw the monster from behind when they rush at you or let go of Z.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB4-ZjjDLMg <=== Video right here showing the glitch
Last edited by Hidorajira98 on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hidorajira98
Ronin

Post by Hidorajira98 »

Added in 5 months 8 days 23 hours 58 minutes 59 seconds:
GreatNate98 wrote:Anyone notice how Godzilla unleashed has a lot of glitches? Here's what I've come up with so far:

• It is possible to go into the out of bounds area in Osaka, Seattle, Monster Island and San Francisco.
• Buildings don't seem to have any collision detection when monsters are thrown into them
• When Mechagodzilla or Mechagodzilla 2 lock beams, their eye beams get misplaced.
• The King Caesar CPU stops fighting for no apparent reason, and simply stands there doing nothing.
• Grabbing SpaceGodzilla will cause him to do that noise he makes when lifting something up. This noise lasts for a long time before stopping.
I can actually answer the King Caesar CPU 'wimp' mode as I call it. If you use a beam on him when he has no energy, that's when he becomes 'wimpy.' The only way to get him back to fighting is making him run into an energy crystal. All the monsters, excluding Anguirus and Mothra Larva, can actually go into this 'wimp' mode if they run out of energy forcefully (e.g. MKG using his taser on Jet Jaguar). Megagurius has to use the last cell of her energy. It's really random when they do go in this scared mode.

I guess something else to add to the glitches is how the CPU can use their beam while in defense. It's honestly very annoying when they do it. Especially when Jet Jaguar has to be hit one or more times to stop him using it 24/7.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my bit on the whole King Caeser 'Wimp' Mode

GreatNate98
Ronin

Post by GreatNate98 »

Hidorajira98 wrote:Added in 5 months 8 days 23 hours 58 minutes 59 seconds:
GreatNate98 wrote:Anyone notice how Godzilla unleashed has a lot of glitches? Here's what I've come up with so far:

I can actually answer the King Caesar CPU 'wimp' mode as I call it. If you use a beam on him when he has no energy, that's when he becomes 'wimpy.' The only way to get him back to fighting is making him run into an energy crystal. All the monsters, excluding Anguirus and Mothra Larva, can actually go into this 'wimp' mode if they run out of energy forcefully (e.g. MKG using his taser on Jet Jaguar). Megagurius has to use the last cell of her energy. It's really random when they do go in this scared mode.

I guess something else to add to the glitches is how the CPU can use their beam while in defense. It's honestly very annoying when they do it. Especially when Jet Jaguar has to be hit one or more times to stop him using it 24/7.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my bit on the whole King Caeser 'Wimp' Mode
Huh! That is fascinating! This game has a lot of weird quirks the more you play it, but I still love it, quirks and all. Haha seven years later and I guess that mystery is finally solved for me. And yes... this may or may not be my first time logging into Tohokingdom in seven years... :shock: It's so weird looking back on this thread...

The Rodan glitch and the shooting beams while bracing thing are interesting points too. Did you know another way to make Rodan float is by making him fly whilst firing his beam? It looks ridiculous lol. Also the CPU seems to be able to fire beams while running too?? Why do they get all these unfair advantages??? :lol: Then again they turn into wimps too so it's all balanced in the end.