Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by BlankAccount »

They honestly could have made the cooled lava armor on Rodan go past his wings and look like feathers.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

I like KOTM because Boston gets destroyed in it, and since I'm from the Greater Toronto Area I like to see Boston suffer and all its smug, boasting Bruins fans with it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

This is Kaiju Fan Confessions, not Sociopath Confessions.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Al Diplodocus wrote:I like KOTM because Boston gets destroyed in it, and since I'm from the Greater Toronto Area I like to see Boston suffer and all its smug, boasting Bruins fans with it.
As a Bostonian, fahck you bud.

As a Godzilla fan, I'm honored to have been destroyed.

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Terasawa wrote:This is Kaiju Fan Confessions, not Sociopath Confessions.
You mean they are not mutually exclusive?

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Terasawa wrote:This is Kaiju Fan Confessions, not Sociopath Confessions.
I'll admit I was gleeful during the Washington D.C. destruction scene. Not for any political reasons, just that Ghidorah's reign of terror was magnificent.
Resized Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:I'll admit I was gleeful during the Washington D.C. destruction scene. Not for any political reasons, just that Ghidorah's reign of terror was magnificent.
Same, wish we could have gotten more of it. But the little bit we got made up G2014 seting the Las Vega scene in the day (the one scene in the movie I want to be dark for the neon lights).

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Al Diplodocus wrote:I like KOTM because Boston gets destroyed in it, and since I'm from the Greater Toronto Area I like to see Boston suffer and all its smug, boasting Bruins fans with it.
I went to Boston with my girlfriend in 2018. It was pretty good. The aquarium was nice, as was the art museum. We went ice skating and saw Jim Jefferies live. Then on our way out, like two hours before we were trying to leave, a guy tried to rob/kill us, and it soured the whole experience and consequently our relationship.

So yeah, fuck Boston. Glad Ghidorah did what he did.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
I went to Boston with my girlfriend in 2018. It was pretty good. The aquarium was nice, as was the art museum. We went ice skating and saw Jim Jefferies live. Then on our way out, like two hours before we were trying to leave, a guy tried to rob/kill us, and it soured the whole experience and consequently our relationship.
Damn, what part of Boston was that in? I lived there for four years and the worst thing that ever happened was a homeless guy following me for a block and calling me a few slurs for not giving him money.

Anyway, Boston is my favorite city in this country and I'm glad KOTM chose it for the finale because Boston needs more love; I'm tired of every big city destruction spectacle being set in New York, LA or San Francisco.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

HedorahIsBestGirl wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Damn, what part of Boston was that in? I lived there for four years and the worst thing that ever happened was a homeless guy following me for a block and calling me a few slurs for not giving him money.

Anyway, Boston is my favorite city in this country and I'm glad KOTM chose it for the finale because Boston needs more love; I'm tired of every big city destruction spectacle being set in New York, LA or San Francisco.
I honestly forget. Most likely just bad luck. It was really late and freezing cold. Guy was perpetually slipping on ice holding knife. Would've been funny if not the obvious reasons. I've never had that happen to me before, so again probably just bad luck.

I actually agree with you that the choice of boston is nice. As someone from NYC I am annoyed that any big disaster film does take place in those climaxes. I do wish Brooklyn specifically got more attention though. NYC in movies usually just means Manhattan.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I do wish Brooklyn specifically got more attention though. NYC in movies usually just means Manhattan.
I feel that, Queens gets almost no love ever lol.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I do wish Brooklyn specifically got more attention though. NYC in movies usually just means Manhattan.
Laughs in Spiderman
For Emperor and Empire!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I would have even taken Washington D.C. for the final fight. Nothing against Boston being the final battle, I'm just meh on it that as a fighting stage, could take it or leave it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Laughs in Spider-man
don't forget the hyphen.

Yeah, it's really annoying how limited movies get setting disasters. I was so happy watching Bushwick because HOLY SHIT, a New York disaster not in Manhattan? It was like sorcery

RIP Evan.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Or Dallas. I can't think of a disaster or kaiju film that ever involved Dallas.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Can we get a kaiju movie in Detroit Michigan?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

How about Cleveland, Ohio? I mean, it probably wouldn't be much different after a kaiju or other disaster went through, but still.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I have no idea what a Snow Godzilla is.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I have no idea what a Snow Godzilla is.
Shows up in a cameo in some unrelated 3D anime film. There's videos on youtube, I think.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I have no idea what a Snow Godzilla is.
Shows up in a cameo in some unrelated 3D anime film. There's videos on youtube, I think.
Let me rephrase that: I now know what it is, and I don’t care.

Am I a Godzilla boomer now?