Favorite non-human character

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Favorite non-human character

Post by edgaguirus »

I don't mean kaiju, but aliens, androids, and the like. Which ones are the best or most memorable to you?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Re: Favorite non-human character

Post by Voyager »

Miss Namikawa, and Mugal.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

The Shobijin, easily. The Controller of Planet X is a close second, though, for mostly nostalgic reasons.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The twin faeries.

Also, the Xiliens.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Might sound too obvious but I gotta go with the Shobijin, always loved the mystical element of them acting as sentinels and translators to Mothra. Besides that I always liked how hammy the black hole Alien leader was in GvMG, his enthusiasm when he gets to reveal Mechagodzilla is so priceless.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The Xillien commander from Final Wars is still my favorite. Love his cocky demeanor and childish temper tantrums.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Kuronuma in GvsMG74
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Metphies
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

That alien guy from Mechagodzilla's counterattack. I love his his goofy presence and uniform. Not to mention his epic jump after taunting the protagonists to shoot him.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

For me it's the Shobijin. They had lovely voices, and were beautiful.

I also like the Controller of Planet X. He's so sure and arrogant, and believes nothing can stop his plans. When he's proven wrong, he won't allow himself to be destroyed by humanity; He does it himself.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Definitely the Controller of Planet X, because I'm a sucker for Yoshio Tsuchiya's eccentric performances.
Last edited by Rando Yaguchi on Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Ok, other than the Controller, M-11.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Wordy post but -

Emi and Yumi Ito as the Shobijin (Mothra, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster)
Akiko Wakabayashi as Princess Maas Doulina Salno (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster - Would she count?)
Kumi Mizuno as Namikawa (Invasion of Astro-Monster)
Yoshio Tsuchiya as the Controller of Planet X (Invasion of Astro-Monster)
Zan Fujita as Fumio Sudo (Godzilla vs Gigan)
Toshiaki Nishizawa as Kubota (Godzilla vs Gigan)
Goro Mutsumi as Kuronuma and Mugal (Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla)
Tomoko Ai as Katsura Mafune (Terror of Mechagodzilla)
Toru Ibuki as Tsuda (Terror of Mechagodzilla)

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

tbeasley wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm Akiko Wakabayashi as Princess Maas Doulina Salno (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster - Would she count?)
Pretty sure she was human.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

She was human, but was briefly taken over by a Venusian so...it kinda counts?
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:35 pm
tbeasley wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:20 pm Akiko Wakabayashi as Princess Maas Doulina Salno (Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster - Would she count?)
She'd been taken over by her alien side to the point where she identified as a Venusian even when hypnotized. I say she counts.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:38 pm She was human, but was briefly taken over by a Venusian so...it kinda counts?
She had some last vestiges of Venusian heritage.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Kuronuma from GvsMG always one of my favorites even as a kid. He really stands out with that metallic black scale plating on his sleeves, metallic-green patch around his eye and an ape-head belt buckle. He exudes this aura of smug arrogance while remaining cool and collected, often sipping on wine or smoking a cigar. He only ever really got mad or panicked when MechaGodzilla was about to get it's head wrenched off. Definitely one of the most memorable villains in the franchise.

Honestly, the Black Hole Aliens in general are cool. I really dig their chrome aesthetic that's present in both their clothing and machinery. The green skin and black fur of their true form contrasts nicely with the aforementioned chrome.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

M-11 from GvsKG has always been a favorite, I love how cheeky he is when he is reprogrammed, plus that run during the car chase always makes me chuckle

If I had to pick an alien it would hands down have to be Kuronuma, he has such a old school bond villain feel to him almost always having a cigar in his hand or having a glass of wine with one of his fucking hostages before double crossing and trying to kill them, plus he has one of the best and most gruesome non-kaiju related deaths in any of the Godzilla films, g-rated blood or not

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Do humans-turned gas men count? Because Mizuno (Yoshio Tsuchiya) from The Human Vapor is pretty fascinating.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....