Best Godzilla Bois

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Best Godzilla Bois

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Figured I'd make the reverse of the "Favorite Godzilla Girls" thread. Just like the women the Godzilla series has had a lot of fun male characters. What are some of your favorites across generations? Here's the short list for me:

Mr. Tako:

Yoshimura from Ebirah Horror of the Deep:

Goro Maki:

And many many more:
Gondo from Godzilla vs. Biollante
Katagiri from Godzilla 2000
Admiral Tachibana from GMK
X from Godzilla Final Wars
Rando Yaguchi from Shin Godzilla
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Best Godzilla Bois

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I'll always be partial to Goro Maki. He's just an immensely likeable character.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Steve Martin from Godzilla 1985 always struck me as the wise when it came to dealing with Godzilla given that he saw what the monster can do first hand. He also has respect and even sympathy for Godzilla. Same goes for Professor Hyashida from the same movie.

I also liked the general from Mothra vs Godzilla. He looked the part of a stone-faced military commander and even had a bit of Robert Patrick's T-1000 in his stare.

Let's be honest though, the hardest motherfucker in the entire series is the Saradian Agent. You're minding your own business, then this absolute unit rolls up in his nice-looking car and snipes you with his scoped AK.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Mr. Tako is best boi but I think this guy is an honorable mention:
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Steve Martin, Philippe Roache from Godzilla (1998) and Akira Yuki from Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla are very memorable characters, especially Akira. He is like the Japanese version of my older brother.

And then there is the man himself.....

CAPTAIN DOUGLAS GORDAN!!!

This demi-god descends from the heavens to beat the hell out of the most strongest monsters with his mustache, picking up buildings just by looking at them and can stare at the sun until the sun runs away in fear.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Any role by Akira Takarada is good in my opinion. He did well whether he was a reporter, astronaut, or criminal. His role in G vs TSM is one his more memorable, though.

I also like Akira Kubo as Tetsuo and Kudo from vs Megaguirus. Both are a little goofy, but also smart and save the day.
Last edited by edgaguirus on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Oh shit, I missed this thread.

Mark Jackson from Dogora!

Can't find many good pictures, but I'm not surprised. He's an underrated character from an underrated non-Godzilla kaiju flick. Love the guy.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:43 pm Oh poop, I missed this thread.

Mark Jackson from Dogora!

Can't find many good pictures, but I'm not surprised. He's an underrated character from an underrated non-Godzilla kaiju flick. Love the guy.
He has such a great dynamic in the film, being a villain and hero. Definitely fun. Great hat too!

I recall the male villains of that film, and actually most of the mafia types in the showa films being a lot of fun.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

^ Dogora definitely proves Toho could have made ANY kinds of movie in the 1960s and put a giant monster in it. (Not that I'm complaining.)

Some of my favorite male actors -
Akira Takarada
Akihiko Hirata
Takashi Shimura
Haruo Nakajima
Hiroshi Koizumi
Yoshio Tsuchiya
Tadao Takashima
Kenji Sahara
Jun Tazaki
Yoshibumi Tajima
Yosuke Natsuki