Favorite godzilla girls

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Favorite godzilla girls

Post by BlankAccount »

Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 am The hottest is EASILY Yuriko Hishimi in Godzilla vs Gigan, to me. Until she lights up a cigarette, at least. Total boner killer.
Eh, she karata chopped some space cockroach aliens, and this was back in the 70s when women were usally a moral compass or voice of reason in kaiju films, not a fighter. I forgive her for lighting up like Solid Snake. Their (both the men's and women's) smoking addiction came back to bite them on the ass, the aliens tracked them down with a tracking device disguised as a cigarette.

Bad habitats die hard and that might have made them reconsider taking smokes from from those they are spying on.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

All the beauty aside, the Godzilla franchise, in contrast to a lot of other general japanese media, has done a good job at having a variety of female characters that are distinct from one another. Sure, there are a few damsels, but for everyone one of those you get some complex roles. That also goes for the men too, beyond some of the initial roles.

I agree with Terasawa on Niyama Chihara though.

Added in 1 minute 45 seconds:
Living Corpse wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:00 pm
Legendary Minya wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:09 am The hottest is EASILY Yuriko Hishimi in Godzilla vs Gigan, to me. Until she lights up a cigarette, at least. Total boner killer.
Eh, she karata chopped some space cockroach aliens, and this was back in the 70s when women were usally a moral compass or voice of reason in kaiju films, not a fighter. I forgive her for lighting up like Solid Snake. Their (both the men's and women's) smoking addiction came back to bite them on the ass, the aliens tracked them down with a tracking device disguised as a cigarette.

Bad habitats die hard and that might have made them reconsider taking smokes from from those they are spying on.
That movie just has a great dynamic of characters all around, and I loved the shirt she wore early on. Great design.
MAMAGON
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

gfan84
Samurai

Post by gfan84 »

Thank you all for replying. I have a question about chiharu niiyama. Was it really her in the water when her character and
Her friend fall into it from the bridge in gmk? Or was it a stunt double or a special effect?

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

My first "Godzilla Leading Lady" crushes were Miss Namikawa (duh) and Saeko from Son of Godzilla (Rico in the English dub).

Saeko was this interesting mix of pretty, fun, and cool. She was the jungle girl that survived all on her own, but also tamed the Son of Godzilla and was basically its de facto Mother. Its easy to see why Goro liked her so much, lol.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:10 pm All the beauty aside, the Godzilla franchise, in contrast to a lot of other general japanese media, has done a good job at having a variety of female characters that are distinct from one another. Sure, there are a few damsels, but for everyone one of those you get some complex roles. That also goes for the men too, beyond some of the initial roles.
I agree. Tomoko Ai, for example, is an actress that I don't find attractive, but her character was a memorable one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I forgot to mention another attractive Godzilla girl. Yuri Katagiri from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II. In case you forgot, she is a minor character at the beginning of the movie who briefly met Kazuma Aoki before he was transferred to G-Force. She's a cute, geeky-like girl and I wished they gave her more scenes in the movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:26 pm I forgot to mention another attractive Godzilla girl. Yuri Katagiri from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II. In case you forgot, she is a minor character at the beginning of the movie who briefly met Kazuma Aoki before he was transferred to G-Force. She's a cute, geeky-like girl and I wished they gave her more scenes in the movie.
That's Shinobu Nakayama, of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera III.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

eabaker wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:54 am
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:26 pm I forgot to mention another attractive Godzilla girl. Yuri Katagiri from Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II. In case you forgot, she is a minor character at the beginning of the movie who briefly met Kazuma Aoki before he was transferred to G-Force. She's a cute, geeky-like girl and I wished they gave her more scenes in the movie.
That's Shinobu Nakayama, of Gamera: Guardian of the Universe and Gamera III.
Yeah, I know, but she wasn't as cute in those movies as she was in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

HedorahIsBestGirl
Gotengo Officer

Post by HedorahIsBestGirl »

Hedorah is best girl.
The wisest words ever spoken on TK: "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt when I Showed Them The Heisei film's they thoght They where pritty fun To Watch"

:Godzilla68: and :Anguirus: were never really friends.

:Hedorah: is best girl, :Baragon: is best boy

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

xMx wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:57 pm Being gay this is a tough thread to respond to. I find it kind of gross and even sexist that the focus is on the physical attractiveness of the actresses. There are other things to focus on like performance, which in that department there are so so many good choices I will have to think harder on this.
Well, what about the men? There certainly are a bunch of hunks :P
To be clear, I'm not gay, but I realized in the same way I've developed a sort of "connection" to a lot of the actresses from 1950-70 I can say the same for the men as well. Kenji Sahara, Akira Kubo, all good boys...

It's fine to be attracted to the Toho Wo(men), but I do think that focusing solely on looks loses focuses on some of the raw charisma and talent some of these actors have as well as the roles their characters represent.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

I really like the woman in Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla.

And the islander the team meets in Son of Godzilla.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

xMx wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:57 pm Being gay this is a tough thread to respond to. I find it kind of gross and even sexist that the focus is on the physical attractiveness of the actresses. There are other things to focus on like performance, which in that department there are so so many good choices I will have to think harder on this.
The original post simply asked fans for their favorite Godzilla actress. If you see something "Gross and sexist" there, that's on you.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:13 pm
The original post simply asked fans for their favorite Godzilla actress. If you see something "Gross and sexist" there, that's on you.
That is what the original post asked, yes, but the replies have tended to focus on their looks. Also, it's strange that the thread title is "girls" and not "women," since we're primarily talking about adults.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gfan84
Samurai

Post by gfan84 »

Sorry I meant to say actresses

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

eabaker wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:18 pm
That is what the original post asked, yes, but the replies have tended to focus on their looks. Also, it's strange that the thread title is "girls" and not "women," since we're primarily talking about adults.
I'll be honest, I'm with xMx on this. I find this thread uncomfortable too. It's why I jokingly responded with "Biollante" a page back. If it was titled "Favorite Godzilla Actresses," and/or if there was a male equivalent to this thread, I probably wouldn't be raising my eyebrow every time this pops up in Active Topics.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

The most beautiful women in the franchise have all given fantastic performances...

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The first thing people, mainly men, notice about an actress is how she looks. Women do the same with male actors. We just tend to remember those people more because memory can be influenced by our emotions.

As a male, I don't judge all actresses and their performances by looks. Take Katsura, Junko, the photographer from M vs G, or Princess Selno. I don't find them attractive, but they all give fine performances in their films.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

xMx wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:39 pm
I was referring to some of the subsequent posts. Nothing wrong with just picking who you think does the best job on their performance. It is a tough call but my personal pick is Momoko Kōchi as Emiko! Very gritty and believable performance. Same goes for pretty much everyone in Gojira though.
Emiko is underated, at least on this site. But yeah, she's one of the most important emotional cores of the movie. She works as an excellent foil to stone-cold Serizawa and gung-ho Ogata. Now that I think of it, she sort of serves as a "insert" for the audience, acting believably distraught to what is unfolding.

And yet despite this, she preserves:

Of course there's still some damselfication, but from the getgo The Godzilla franchise has always had some great female characters.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I really love her performance. Hopefully I can get her autograph one day. I think Emiko is somehow an underrated character.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Pretty sure a good handful of women didn't go watch things like Man of Steel, Aquaman, and Thor for the plot, my guy
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated