Favorite godzilla girls

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Favorite godzilla girls

Post by Terasawa »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:36 pm
xMx wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:57 pm Being gay this is a tough thread to respond to. I find it kind of gross and even sexist that the focus is on the physical attractiveness of the actresses. There are other things to focus on like performance, which in that department there are so so many good choices I will have to think harder on this.
Pretty sure a good handful of women didn't go watch things like Man of Steel, Aquaman, and Thor for the plot, my guy
I don't think anyone is arguing that men and women alike sometimes see movies solely because they're attracted to one of the performers. That really has nothing to do with the post you quoted, and it doesn't make some of the sexists posts in this thread OK.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

xMx wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:57 pm Being gay this is a tough thread to respond to. I find it kind of gross and even sexist that the focus is on the physical attractiveness of the actresses. There are other things to focus on like performance, which in that department there are so so many good choices I will have to think harder on this.
Pretty sure a good handful of women didn't go watch things like Man of Steel, Aquaman, and Thor for the plot, my guy
Nailed it lol
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:38 am
Nailed it lol
I think that guy deleted his account anyways.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:42 am
Legendary Minya wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:38 am
Nailed it lol
I think that guy deleted his account anyways.
"That guy" was Omegazilla trolling.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

The Octopus
G-Grasper

Post by The Octopus »

Not Godzilla but I always thought that Susan Watson was a cutie.

Last edited by The Octopus on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Of all the women in Godzilla films, why is Miss Namikawa/Kumi Mizuno the most iconic?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:12 pm Of all the women in Godzilla films, why is Miss Namikawa the most iconic?
Speaking for myself:
-The Costume: Similar to The people of Planet X in general, she has a really unique outfit. Despite the "cheesiness" the outfits of the Xilliens are really well done. They reach a mixture of both being conforming and robotic but also allow for hints of sexuality and attractiveness, especially in the female Millions. But speaking for Namikawa specifically, she has a really unique haircut, and also stands out from most of the other early Showa women.

-Role In the Story: It's a tragic story, and a really depressing one. She's originally an agent for the Xillien's and it is tragic how she falls in love with Glenn and switches sides, only to be killed. The scene where she is killed is probably one of the most depressing moments in Godzilla history.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

If we're sticking to just the Godzilla films and ignoring anything else she did that might have endeared her to Western fans, she's basically the only recurring Godzilla series actress who could have been considered a legitimate sex symbol, i.e. an attractive woman whose roles in these movies were intended to promote her sex appeal as much as or more than display her talents as an actress.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

She also had a long resume before doing her two Godzilla films.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Yuriko Hoshi might be my favorite.
Last edited by tbeasley on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

tbeasley wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:03 am Yuriko Hoshi might be my favorite.
I always liked that outfit she wore in Mothra vs. Godzilla.

Like the other women in the franchise she's definitely the core of the film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Yes, that outfit is absolutely fantastic, and Hoshi is a really engaging presence in the movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gfan84
Samurai

What do fans think of yasuko sawaguchi in return of Godzilla

Post by gfan84 »

I know there is a similar post on the general thread however nobody responded to it. Don’t worry I am not heartbroken. I thought it would a similar topic on a thread where fans are more likely to respond. Anyway yasuko sawaguchi is my favorite Godzilla actress. I don’t mean to sound weird but I thought she was cute in the return of Godzilla. Does anybody think the same way? Let me know.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What do fans think of yasuko sawaguchi in return of Godzilla

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

gfan84 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:17 pm I know there is a similar post on the general thread however nobody responded to it. Don’t worry I am not heartbroken. I thought it would a similar topic on a thread where fans are more likely to respond. Anyway yasuko sawaguchi is my favorite Godzilla actress. I don’t mean to sound weird but I thought she was cute in the return of Godzilla. Does anybody think the same way? Let me know.
Listen, you're free to like whoever you find attractive. That being said, there's no reason to continually make separate threads to ask if others have they, ahem, have the same preoccupation with them as you. Consider this a verbal warning, and in the future you will receive warnings for repeatedly posting or making specific topics like this.

And yes for reference I think some of the Godzilla actresses are very attractive. But we don't need to endlessly profess or stan for them do we? ;)