Will Godzilla be Stolen? (Really a Promo Campaign)

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
NeoBlisseyX
Ronin

Will Godzilla be Stolen? (Really a Promo Campaign)

Post by NeoBlisseyX »

Crunchyroll.com reports that a crime notice from the world's most famous thief, Lupin the 3rd, has been found on the Shin Godzilla statue in Tokyo's Hibiya Godzilla Square.

When translated into English, the text on the crime notice reads "I will visit to steal the treasure of Godzilla."

This tweet from the official Godzilla Twitter account states that the date Lupin set for the theft is November 3rd, Godzilla's 65th anniversary and the date for the "Godzilla Fes 2019" event.

However, it seems to merely be a promotional stunt for "Lupin the Third THE FIRST," the franchise's first 3DCG film, to be released December 6th.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Will Godzilla be Stolen? (Really a Promo Campaign)

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

So I can actually comment on this:
At the GFes Event (where that photo was taken), you could purchase a special Godzilla X Lupin the 3rd Folder. It’s just another cross over.

Interestingly, they also routinely showed the next Lupin the 3rd trailer on the big screen where they were airing all the Godzilla trailers and promotional stuff. Lupin the 3rd was the only non-Godzilla related figure to receive some sort of trailer completely separate from Godzilla at the event.

Unless I missed something at the end, the Shin statue was completely intact and normal :D
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That's one wat to drum up publicity.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

What kind of thief outs himself and projects his crime to everyone a month in advance? :lol: Maybe I haven't watched enough Lupin to see the intelligence in that.

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

What if the theif turns out to be Gamera? LOL.

But in all seriousness, they better not actually steal this wonderful statue, we already had to suffer through losing the BioGoji suit being stolen and found laying in a beach.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse