The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:29 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm To be fair, Godzilla 1989 is objectively the best suit and nobody has made a compelling argument otherwise
KingGoji, MosuGoji, RadoGoji, DesuGoji, GMKGoji, KiryuGoji, FinalGoji, MVGoji (specifically 2019/2021), ShinGoji, GyuraGoji...need i say more? :lol:
Aren't BioGoji and RadoGoji the same thing?

I'm prepared for the war I probably just started

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 am
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm To be fair, Godzilla 1989 is objectively the best suit and nobody has made a compelling argument otherwise
KingGoji, MosuGoji, RadoGoji, DesuGoji, GMKGoji, KiryuGoji, FinalGoji, MVGoji (specifically 2019/2021), ShinGoji, GyuraGoji...need i say more? :lol:
Aren't BioGoji and RadoGoji the same thing?

I'm prepared for the war I probably just started
Cracks knuckles in preparation to write a 1000 word manifesto about all of the visual differences between the post 84 Heisei designs in a definitely non- aggressive and reasonable fashion.

"Chapter one: the crotch"
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I think Heisei Godzilla is generally broken down to -

84Goji (1984)
BioGoji/GhidoGoji (1989-1991)
BatoGoji (1992)
RadoGoji (1993)
MogeGoji/DesuGoji (1994-1995)

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Replace GyuraGoji with SoshingekiGoji, then we’ll start talking.

Also! Stay tune for my essay on why SoshingekiGoji is objectively the best suit, aside from God’s work itself, MosuGoji. And also, I think GMKGoji is called SokogekiGoji or something idk.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Most of those are good suits yes. Better? Hell to the no. Also, RadoGoji? Really?
The differences between the heisei suits are pretty substantial and some are indeed way worse than others, the worst being RadoGoji probably. Worst proportions. Also, SoshingekiGoji is awesome, but so is GyuraGoji, so I think there is room for both of them.

Added in 4 minutes 25 seconds:
In terms of proportions as well as how cool the face looks, I feel BioGoji and MogeGoji are the strongest out of the Heisei.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

....can't we just say each suit has its own appeal and call it a day? XD

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Where's the fun in that thou?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:23 pm
Most of those are good suits yes. Better? Hell to the no. Also, RadoGoji? Really?
The differences between the heisei suits are pretty substantial and some are indeed way worse than others, the worst being RadoGoji probably. Worst proportions. Also, SoshingekiGoji is awesome, but so is GyuraGoji, so I think there is room for both of them.

Added in 4 minutes 25 seconds:
In terms of proportions as well as how cool the face looks, I feel BioGoji and MogeGoji are the strongest out of the Heisei.
Wait...i typed RadoGoji? Ew, no, i meant MogeGoji :lol:

Yeah, SoshingekiGoji is up there for me too, but my list of Godzilla suits/designs was already long so i just left it out
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

People who take things way too seriously and are, for lack of better terms, 'fun police' for the softer sides of the franchise. It's always eyebrow raising and eye rolling to see some people absolutely flip out over the two recently made GvK children's books (Kong and Me & Sometimes Friends Fight). I mean, really? Way to preach for maturity by getting triggered at something obviously intended to be enjoyed by little kids. Shrieking and disparaging little kids or stuff made for little kids will never not be cringe to me.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

People raged over the kids books?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm People raged over the kids books?
I haven't seen it personally myself so? But I wouldn't put it pass them to do so.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

People will lose their heads over anything these days. I've heard about classic and innocent books that some wanted banned from schools and libraries for questionable content or words.

They should be glad for Godzilla kid books. It could get them interested in the films.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Yup.

And what a wholesome concept too.

Sometimes friends fight but they still friends.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Indeed. I got further and further into Godzilla as a short-stop by watching reruns of the HB cartoon. Kid friendly kaiju material isn't going to "damage the brand" and the franchise certainly doesn't need gatekeeping. I just honestly find it both sad and hilariously ironic the ones shrieking over "immature kiddie books" are, themselves, acting extremely immature.
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:38 pm People raged over the kids books?
Yep. Mostly on online media but it's not hard to find if you look. I don't like pinning the blame on sites specifically as it's usually newbie users doing it and not actual staffers, so that's why I didn't post any links.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

I think it's already been mentioned, but definitely people forcing their opinions onto other people, or shutting down their opinions or thoughts simply because they pertain to a subject they don't like. Having a difference of opinion is fine, but actively tearing someone's argument down solely on the basis of not liking what they're talking about is just immature. When I say this, I am of course referring to where said subject is not being offensive or controversial or anything like that.

And, while I hate to keep using Zilla as an example (mostly because I worry like I sound like a raving fanboy myself) I do continually find a lot of this kinda stuff pertaining to him; For example, on the GODZILLA subreddit during a discussion where someone was giving legitimate reasons and trying to defend their opinion, one of the replies was pretty much "Who cares, he's literally trash-tier, stop your Zilla lobbying."

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

The thing that gets me about the kid content, ESPECIALLY THE BOOKS AND TOYS, is as a kid....that's all I ever wanted.

Godzilla on the shelves in it's own dedicated and not shoved in a corner of the Toys R Us.

Godzilla as more then just a joke, but in big Hollywood movies and you could watch and have people agree it was good instead of mocking irrelevant shit like effects and dubbing because they didn't understand.

Fucking...kid's books I would have adored as a kid as they had Godzilla as more then just a monster and as something fun and heartwarming.

This is literally the acceptance we wanted as kids and we're fucking attacking it because it makes your belief on what the brand SHOULD be "bad"?

Fucking breaks my heart dude

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

And... of course this is from reddit.

Would any of you smart-cookies guess what the caption may be?
For Emperor and Empire!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Desghidorah wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:09 pm People who take things way too seriously and are, for lack of better terms, 'fun police' for the softer sides of the franchise. It's always eyebrow raising and eye rolling to see some people absolutely flip out over the two recently made GvK children's books (Kong and Me & Sometimes Friends Fight). I mean, really? Way to preach for maturity by getting triggered at something obviously intended to be enjoyed by little kids. Shrieking and disparaging little kids or stuff made for little kids will never not be cringe to me.
I feel like there is a recent trend with people being seemingly insecure and even embarrassed about the franchise's more light-hearted and child friendly elements to the point where they unnecessarily and viciously attack any attempt at bringing those aspects up and introducing the franchise to younger viewers. This specific branch of gatekeeping is honestly shameful and disheartening.

Added in 37 seconds:
Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:49 pm And... of course this is from reddit.

From the moment that specific scene occured I knew some shitposting smartass would make a "Sus Jerma" edit :lol:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

:huge:

If we told then it would ruin the surprise.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Well that is Grade-A Nightmare Fuel; And no, I can't guess, but I'm quite curious as to what it could be.
Dv-218 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:52 pm
Desghidorah wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:09 pm People who take things way too seriously and are, for lack of better terms, 'fun police' for the softer sides of the franchise. It's always eyebrow raising and eye rolling to see some people absolutely flip out over the two recently made GvK children's books (Kong and Me & Sometimes Friends Fight). I mean, really? Way to preach for maturity by getting triggered at something obviously intended to be enjoyed by little kids. Shrieking and disparaging little kids or stuff made for little kids will never not be cringe to me.
I feel like there is a recent trend with people being seemingly insecure and even embarrassed about the franchise's more light-hearted and child friendly elements to the point where they unnecessarily and viciously attack any attempt at bringing those aspects up and introducing the franchise to younger viewers. This specific branch of gatekeeping is honestly shameful and disheartening.
It kinda ties into the whole idea of what I said earlier, in regards to "OH YOU LIKE THIS THING THAT I DON'T LIKE THEREFORE IT'S BAD AND SHOULDN'T EXIST" regardless of the reasoning or arguments behind it, or even just acceptance as a difference of opinion. It is really sad, especially considering I could see these being a way that kids could enter the franchise and become fans of it, and people are just unable to accept this based on some stupid principle or whatever.
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.