The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LockBite wrote:In Dman1954’s new video, he admitted he knew all along that it was Godzilla falling from the sky, that Serizawa would die, etc.

I got MAJOR douche chills when he went on to try and pass it off as a justifiable thing to do. Yeah, just lie to your audience for months.
I stopped looking to anyone for news recently because it's a lot easier for myself to look it up.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

RIP Evan.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I have to commend the Pooh's Adventures franchise for their continued success despite never being distributed in China

Personally I thought Pooh's Adventures of Christopher Robin was their most daring synthesis, but the direct sequel Pooh's Adventures of Pooh's Adventures of Christopher Robin just seemed like a retread of the last film
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

SoggyNoodles2016

they're fucking baffling. Like, it genuinely the weirdest thing I've seen on the internet.

On that note, enjoy this as well.

Note: this was made unironically.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Image
I remember watching tons of Pooh's Adventures films as a kid! What did i see in these things?! :lol: :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:[img]Pooh's_Adventures_of_Godzilla_(2014)_Poster
I remember watching tons of Pooh's Adventures films as a kid! What did i see in these things?! :lol: :lol:
Hopefully what I did: a chance to watch films on the internet for free minus skipping some weird shit every 5 minutes :lol:

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:[img]Pooh's_Adventures_of_Godzilla_(2014)_Poster
Hopefully what I did: a chance to watch films on the internet for free minus skipping some weird poop every 5 minutes :lol:
Ugh i watch them in full! I thought they were the most epic thing in existence! What was wrong with me i tell you! WHAT WAS IT?!? :dizzy:

I remember one that didn't even have Pooh, it was..Thomas and Twilight Sparkle? It was like, little me's closest thing he ever got to an acid trip. :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Literally, all Godzilla vs Kong Tommy H videos, he does makes some good but predictable theories, but now, his videos are just obviously wrong theories with clickbait thumbnails. Though, nothing is worse than Alteori. NOTHING
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

tyrantgoji wrote:What was wrong with me i tell you! WHAT WAS IT?!?
I've run some tests and I've got some bad news

No offense intended, I was probably worse at that age in all honesty
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: It annoys me when people that spend the majority of their time participating in fantasy matches, and then randomly come out of the wood work to criticize or talk about a film they haven’t seen in like ten years. Yeah it annoys me when people care more about fantasy matches than the films itself.
Who does this? Name some names. Specific examples. Sources. These generalizations being thrown about are getting ridiculous.

Sorry not everyone enjoys what you enjoy.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: It annoys me when people that spend the majority of their time participating in fantasy matches, and then randomly come out of the wood work to criticize or talk about a film they haven’t seen in like ten years. Yeah it annoys me when people care more about fantasy matches than the films itself.
Who does this? Name some names. Specific examples. Sources. These generalizations being thrown about are getting ridiculous.

Sorry not everyone enjoys what you enjoy.
Over the past few years on Toho Kingdom I've seen countless people solely post in the role-playing and fantasy match forums. Occasionally, they'll come out very randomly to start talking about films, and it becomes very obvious they haven't seen the films in a long time. There are people in the fandom who have no actual care for the films themselves, rather if Space-Godzilla is stronger than Anguirus. There are specific examples outside of the forum too, such as when directors get asked dumb questions like who is stronger, rather than an actual question about the film making process. I'm not going to name names, or criticize them, because I agree with the italicized.

If you want an example of this (not specific to Godzilla) I'm going to quote G2000. I'm not criticizing him, it's just that he admitted to it, so I think it's a good example of what I am talking about:
G2000 wrote:My come to Jesus moment was when I got onto someone for portraying a character in a certain way in a fanfiction and then realizing that not only was I trying to force my idealized version of the character over the actual depiction in the source material, I had never seen the source material in the first place and was basing my perception of said character entirely on feel-good shippy fanfictions

Nobody said anything but I sort of quietly ducked out after that
I see this all the time where people build up characters in their head (and I'm guilty of it to) usually because of roleplaying or fantasy matches, and then that inevitably skews with their perceptions of films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

See: literally any discussion about Destroyah.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Giratina93 wrote:Yeah, let's not go insulting other parts of the fandom just because they have different priorities from you. Enjoy a warning.
It was a joke (hence the cringey language used), I was insulting them because their discussions are meaningless and stupid not because they have different priorities, but sure. I'll do my best to enjoy my warning, even if it's a bad one. Uwu
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:See: literally any discussion about Destroyah.
Pretty much a good way to sum up my sentiment, and it isn't exclusive to this forum or fandom.
Fish Cakes wrote:It was a joke (hence the cringey language used), I was insulting them because their discussions are meaningless and stupid not because they have different priorities, but sure. I'll do my best to enjoy my warning, even if it's a bad one. Uwu
Don't get banned, you're one of the best :|

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Don't get banned, you're one of the best :|
Yeah, one of the best at getting banned. 8-)

But fine, I'm sorry I phrased my post poorly. I dislike the fantasy matches as a concept, not the individual people who discuss them to be clear. Idk anyone who enjoys fantasy matches irl, so I can't judge. I'm sure your many friends all love you, Fantasy Match Guy I may have offended. Please accept my sarcastic yet sincere apology.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LockBite wrote:Dman1954’
Found your problem.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Over the past few years on Toho Kingdom I've seen countless people solely post in the role-playing and fantasy match forums. Occasionally, they'll come out very randomly to start talking about films, and it becomes very obvious they haven't seen the films in a long time. There are people in the fandom who have no actual care for the films themselves, rather if Space-Godzilla is stronger than Anguirus. There are specific examples outside of the forum too, such as when directors get asked dumb questions like who is stronger, rather than an actual question about the film making process. I'm not going to name names, or criticize them, because I agree with the italicized.
I’ve noticed this for a while. I think it’s common with fan bases in general to be very atomized, for people to take away from it only specific aspects, however superficial they might be to you or me. The thing is this is a relatively small fan base... chances are if you have a really specific interest, you might be the only person who cares unless you start a movement, or drum up interest.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

People who hate on DMan1954.
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KingKong2005 wrote:People who hate on DMan1954.
I have my reasons.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Literally who