The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

VoyagerGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
Femboy? You’ve got me intrigued...
Spoiler:
Don’t worry if you don’t get it. Let’s just say I have a past with Femboys on these forums.
Anyways, I’m having a mind blank, who’s Kogn? Do you mean Kong?
I'm interested. Tell me more.

He's an unused kaiju from the 1832 film "Godzilla vs Kogn". I meant Kong
Sorry, I'm just stupid.

Here's the Femboy story.
Spoiler:
Anyways, on 'What Ruined Your Day' I told everyone about how I found out about Femboys. Nothing wrong so far. But I went to images and it came up with nudes. So I had found one a little cute, and I told everyone on TK I was Bi. But then a few days later I did not feel the same way and things went back the way they used to be.
Spoiler:
I remember the original post (not the one where you came out). I've never heard of someone switching orientations so quick before.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote: I'm interested. Tell me more.

He's an unused kaiju from the 1832 film "Godzilla vs Kogn". I meant Kong
Sorry, I'm just stupid.

Here's the Femboy story.
Spoiler:
Anyways, on 'What Ruined Your Day' I told everyone about how I found out about Femboys. Nothing wrong so far. But I went to images and it came up with nudes. So I had found one a little cute, and I told everyone on TK I was Bi. But then a few days later I did not feel the same way and things went back the way they used to be.
Spoiler:
I remember the original post (not the one where you came out). I've never heard of someone switching orientations so quick before.
I mean, I do have a history of thinking I’m gay/bi.
For Emperor and Empire!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ScreenRant Godzilla lists/videos. Minimal research and it hurts to watch/read. We all remember that trashfire list they made last year, right?
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don’t pay attention to corporate channels so no, and I don’t really care either.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I just found this comment on an otherwise innocent crossover image.
https://www.deviantart.com/comments/1/8 ... 4862914045

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:I just found this comment on an otherwise innocent crossover image.
https://www.deviantart.com/comments/1/8 ... 4862914045
Okay, I normally don't like calling people's fetishes cringe, but I just

My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

How the existence of Godzilla as a franchise today effects how some fans regard the older movies because it contrasts the typical fan envisioning of Godzilla. Like how people will talk shit about King Kong Vs. Godzilla because Godzilla isn't the winner or what some will say about Mothra Vs. Godzilla. Shit like "HOW CAN A MOTH FIGHT GODZILLER THAT'S STUPID" and "HOW CAN GODZILLER LOSE TO TWO BABY CATERPILLARS THAT'S BULLSHIT WORST GODZILLA MOVIE EVAR 0/10!!!!" It's incredibly childish and ignorant.
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:How the existence of Godzilla as a franchise today effects how some fans regard the older movies because it contrasts the typical fan envisioning of Godzilla. Like how people will talk poop about King Kong Vs. Godzilla because Godzilla isn't the winner or what some will say about Mothra Vs. Godzilla. poop like "HOW CAN A MOTH FIGHT GODZILLER THAT'S STUPID" and "HOW CAN GODZILLER LOSE TO TWO BABY CATERPILLARS THAT'S BULLSHIT WORST GODZILLA MOVIE EVAR 0/10!!!!" It's incredibly childish and ignorant.

Can I marry a post?

RIP Evan.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:"HOW CAN A MOTH FIGHT GODZILLER THAT'S STUPID" and "HOW CAN GODZILLER LOSE TO TWO BABY CATERPILLARS THAT'S BULLSHIT WORST GODZILLA MOVIE EVAR 0/10!!!!"
Is this a reference to that one guy who said Final Wars was the best Godzilla film and then said Mothra vs Godzilla was the worst because "Godzilla's image was ruined because he lost to giant caterpillars"?

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Is this a reference to that one guy who said Final Wars was the best Godzilla film and then said Mothra vs Godzilla was the worst because "Godzilla's image was ruined because he lost to giant caterpillars"?
Wasn't aware of such an individual but it's applicable.
Resized Image

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Behold.
My creation.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

GmkGoji wrote:Behold.
My creation.

:shock:

That’s... something. Rooting for Low-Budget Voltron though.
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Low-Budget Voltron
That uh...that’s not Voltron. That’s the Megazord from Power Rangers.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

GmkGoji wrote:Behold.
My creation.
Nice Kiryu girl.

On-topic, this isn't any more cringier than the r/GODZILLA edit trilogy I've made over the course of this year. The last (and cringiest) installment was only posted a few pages back so it should be easy to find. Look for a Pepe in the corner.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

UltramanGoji wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote: Low-Budget Voltron
That uh...that’s not Voltron. That’s the Megazord from Power Rangers.
Well, I tried my best boys and girls. Consider me not a fan of Voltron or Power Rangers.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

These.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know, not that i want more cringe to happen, but wouldn't it make more sense if "it's lit" belonged to Rodan setting something aflame?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

With a franchise that is over 65 years old, there are plenty of cringe throughout its history:

1) Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster: Mothra Larva spraying web directly into Rodan's mouth. I've usually received comments from people I show this movie to when we hit that particular scene.

2) Ebirah, Horror of the Deep: Giant Condor fight. Easily the worst fight in the history of the franchise

3) All Monsters Out Attack: Pretty much the entire movie is cringe for me. I watched the Japanese version for the first time last year and it did not help.

4) Godzilla vs. Gigan: Excessive use of stock footage kills this movie for me nowadays even though I like Gigan and the premise. Was a childhood favorite of mine.

5) Godzilla vs. Megalon: Megalon's tantrums and jumping around always bug me. I think Megalon is a great designed kaiju with cool abilities but the movie detracts from it.

6) The Return of Godzilla: There are some shots of Godzilla which look really goofy while others look fantastic. I always call this movie the bridge between Showa and the rest of the Heisei era in terms of effects and we see that in play in the look of Godzilla.

7) Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah: When Emmy reveals that she is Kenshiro's great granddaughter. Always found this cringe as I felt that Kenshiro had the hots for Emmy throughout the movie. Too bad for him.

8) Godzilla vs. Mothra: The dubbing. While this can be said for most Godzilla films, I have always been particularly annoyed by the dubbing in this movie. The Indiana Jones beginning was also a bit ridiculous too.

9) Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II: The Pteranodon machine. This has to be my most cringe thing in the entire franchise. I cannot stand watching the characters fly around in this thing.

10) Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla: Watching Little Godzilla get abducted by Spacegodzilla. I am a fan of this movie, but the beginning fight on Birth Island really annoys me, especially seeing Little Godzilla getting pulled away from Godzilla. Pisses me off so much.

11) Godzilla vs. Destoroyah: The scene where a smaller Destoroyab aggregate tries a xenomorph trick on the main girl. Very cringe.

There are some things that make me cringe in the Milennium Series, but I think these 11 items from the Showa and Heisei eras are the most cringe for me.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:
9) Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II: The Pteranodon machine. This has to be my most cringe thing in the entire franchise. I cannot stand watching the characters fly around in this thing.
Y'know i wonder if this was Toho's weird way of cashing in on Aladdin's success. Seriously, watch them fly around again and don't hear them singing "A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD. A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR MEEEEEE AND YOU."

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Gigantis wrote:
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote:
Y'know i wonder if this was Toho's weird way of cashing in on Aladdin's success. Seriously, watch them fly around again and don't hear them singing "A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD. A WHOLE NEW WORLD FOR MEEEEEE AND YOU."
I think you might have led me to a point of no return. Now that I think about it, I think you might be right. I will not look at the Pteranodon the same way again, and it is still definitely not favorable.