The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cossegoji2000
Ronin

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Cossegoji2000 »

VoyagerGoji wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 am On r/GODZILLA I commented on a post about MV Rodan. I said how I didn’t like him and I generally don’t like the MV movies. Someone replied with a clown emoji.

I checked out his other comments and replies and he does that to every MV “hater”. Or maybe I just have a reputation of being a “Petty TK boomerI’m probably younger than most of them are” as someone commented on my old rant.
Well, that's r/Godzilla for you.
Last edited by Cossegoji2000 on Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Loving this new trend of being needlessly inflammatory and dickish on reddit and then coming back here to cry about how you are so victimized for your opinions.

That's the true cringe.

You literally go out there and call people "filthy casuals" and then expect zero pushback.

You guys keep proving your reputation every single day.
Last edited by gottatalktothefake on Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Smuggers wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:30 am This guy's got nothing on the Toku Tickler
This guy completely perplexes me. How do you make a living using just PNGs of Ultras and one gif of wiggling feet?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Also the irony of someone who’s post history is 90% about how to optimize your play style in roblox calling others “childish plebs” for not sharing your opinions is just *chef’s kiss*
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:58 am Loving this new trend of being needlessly inflammatory and dickish on reddit and then coming back here to cry about how you are so victimized for your opinions.

That's the true cringe.
Legit all Voyager said this time was just "i don't like MV Rodan" though
Not entirely sure how you get angry over that.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:03 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:58 am Loving this new trend of being needlessly inflammatory and dickish on reddit and then coming back here to cry about how you are so victimized for your opinions.

That's the true cringe.
Legit all Voyager said this time was just "i don't like MV Rodan" though
Not entirely sure how you get angry over that.
He literally said “come at me fanboys”, and then retreated upon sight of a clown emoji

It’s pathetic and hilarious to instigate shit and then run crying back to another forum as soon as any minor pushback occurs.

And this is far from the first time he’s done this, he’s ranted on the sub about them being “plebs” multiple times. He has a reputation there that he deserves.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Guys, let's not use this forum to openly debate the merits of our fellow TK users, okay?
Last edited by eabaker on Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

This is a talk shit get hit situation. I’m sick of members going over there, purposefully causing shit and then running back to here for sympathy when they get a fraction of that attitude thrown back at them.

You guys like to act all ignorant of why TK has this negative reputation on every other forum but then coddle the people who are the reason this places is hated by everyone else.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

"Talk shit get hit" is not an official policy of Toho Kingdom. If you don't like a user's behavior, you're welcome to tell them so, but please don't talk about them in the third person and use phrases like "pathetic and hilarious."
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:25 pm This is a talk poop get hit situation. I’m sick of members going over there, purposefully causing poop and then running back to here for sympathy when they get a fraction of that attitude thrown back at them.

You guys like to act all ignorant of why TK has this negative reputation on every other forum but then coddle the people who are the reason this places is hated by everyone else.
The guy just said he didn't like MV Rodan on Reddit. He didn't say he maliciously sought out to go on Reddit and wanted to ruin someone's day because he didn't like a fictional monster. I don't know the context; maybe that is why he said he didn't like MV Rodan on a random post that had nothing to do with people's opinions on the monster idk, but he said his opinion and got shit on.

Are there cases of people purposefully going on Reddit to say how bad r/Godzilla is? Yeah.

This doesn't really seem like that, it seems like he just gave his opinion on the character.

But I do agree. Don't go start shit with people just for the sake of telling everyone else.

For now, just drop this.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

heck happened here

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

uhhh.... :|
GodzillavsZilla wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:41 pm I don't know the context; maybe that is why he said he didn't like MV Rodan on a random post that had nothing to do with people's opinions on the monster idk, but he said his opinion and got shit on.

It was on a MV Rodan discussion thread. I know we want to drop it but I'd like to clarify that.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

https://screenrant.com/godzilla-vs-king ... nKqZ93S-6c

Okay, which one of you wrote this.

In all seriousness it’s not that bad, it’s just clickbaity false “controversy”

But the Facebook comments are atrocious. I clicked off it, but there were people regurgitating the two endings myth and some saying Godzilla was racist(?).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:02 am and some saying Godzilla was racist(?).
Well, yeah. Godzilla is horrifyingly racist. You're not one of those people who defend him, are you? The man is on camera shooting unarmed, fleeing Japanese people in the back, and also on camera keeping calm and showing unbelievable restraint while white people actively fire assault rifles at him. And that's the tip of an iceberg. There's no case to be made in his favor.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I mean to be fair, old Godzilla films did have their share of Japanese brown face especially for native roles. So the claim is not totally baseless even if the trigger reaction buzzword is a bit annoying and overblown.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

godjacob wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:12 am I mean to be fair, old Godzilla films did have their share of Japanese brown face especially for native roles. So the claim is not totally baseless even if the trigger reaction buzzword is a bit annoying and overblown.
At the very least they didn’t use it for the purposes of mocking POC though. And Japanese culture wouldn’t be as inherently repulsed by brownface as Western culture. It’s still not good but at least it’s no minstrel show.

I also don’t think 60s Toho would have had access to a lot of Polynesian actors.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

-All these fanboy channels posting the new footage of Godzilla vs Kong released today

-Also, one of the fanboy channels, Kaiju Freaks, which uploaded lots of KotM scenes is introducing them as a production of their own. Saying shit like "A Kaiju Freaks Production" before playing the clips. It's not a huge deal, but this irritates me; if you did not make the movie, do not pass it off as your own. Even if you don't feel the need give credit to Legendary and WB, at the very least DON'T pass off this material as your own. SMH
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm -All these fanboy channels posting the new footage of Godzilla vs Kong released today

-Also, one of the fanboy channels, Kaiju Freaks, which uploaded lots of KotM scenes is introducing them as a production of their own. Saying poop like "A Kaiju Freaks Production" before playing the clips. It's not a huge deal, but this irritates me; if you did not make the movie, do not pass it off as your own. Even if you don't feel the need give credit to Legendary and WB, at the very least DON'T pass off this material as your own. SMH
It is kinda funny seeing YouTube explode with long vs Godzilla clips just because of two seconds of footage. It was annoying for me to find the unedited clip though. Pretty cool.

Also in regards to the latter, it brings me back to an older time when YouTube was first becoming popular. Everyone was doing it, because there was a novelty to uploading and creating your own videos. I get why it’s a bit silly now.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Saw someone say Mothra cockblocked both Goji and Rodan in GTTHM. Apparently fights always devolve into... not so nice stuff for a PG audience.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The general idea that King Kong stands no chance against Godzilla and Godzilla should literally stomp him.

Even ignoring the original fight in 62 which Kong won, the MonsterVerse not only flat out said Kong was still growing and expected to be bigger in Skull Island but basically used the first trailer to show Kong yes can stand against Godzilla. Punching him right in the face, knocking him into the sea and even using a weapon to counter Godzilla's atomic blast and smack him on the head. All the while literally being on par with him size wise.

Yet general fans seem to be shocked by this and wonder why Godzilla got "smaller."