The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
goji89
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:51 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 am No dude, I thought you meant that damn South Park song when they're in imagination land lol.
:lol: It was actually Spongebob but at this point, it doesn't matter. We've got vore, moth-wh*res, Gigan getting some and just all kinds of other deviant.... art
None of it matters.
Oh..... I hate Spongebob maybe that's why I didn't realize it was that. I find Spongebob memes the most cringe shiiiit out there lol.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm Also, in regards to what can be considered 'cringe', would fetish stuff be allowed? Because I do know an artist (not personally) who makes some...really, really, REALLY outlandish Godzilla 'art' (mostly via 3D models) involving a very niche and extreme fetish. On the one hand, I definitely cringe when I see it, but on the other hand...do I really have the right to judge and chide someone just cuz their interests don't match mine?
I don't know the rules fully but I would assume posting that stuff would be a no no if it's straight up lewd.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm Oh..... I hate Spongebob maybe that's why I didn't realize it was that. I find Spongebob memes the most cringe shiiiit out there lol.
Yeah, spongebob memes are pretty cringe. Barefoot Ultraposting is where it's at.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:23 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:10 pm Oh..... I hate Spongebob maybe that's why I didn't realize it was that. I find Spongebob memes the most cringe shiiiit out there lol.
Yeah, spongebob memes are pretty cringe. Barefoot Ultraposting is where it's at.
Oh yeah fuck that.

I mean .....wait, is that the damn foot fetish where people love getting stepped on kinda like being in the friend zone?

Added in 6 minutes 52 seconds:
Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:46 pm
Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm Also, in regards to what can be considered 'cringe', would fetish stuff be allowed? Because I do know an artist (not personally) who makes some...really, really, REALLY outlandish Godzilla 'art' (mostly via 3D models) involving a very niche and extreme fetish. On the one hand, I definitely cringe when I see it, but on the other hand...do I really have the right to judge and chide someone just cuz their interests don't match mine?
I don't know the rules fully but I would assume posting that stuff would be a no no if it's straight up lewd.
Luckily for you I'm a lewd, crude, dude with an attitude.

Some fetishes are o.k to a point but there are some sick as fuck fetishes that should be criticized to high hell.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 pm I mean .....wait, is that the damn foot fetish where people love getting stepped on kinda like being in the friend zone?
Isn't that just working at Payless ShoeSource?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:15 pm
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 pm I mean .....wait, is that the damn foot fetish where people love getting stepped on kinda like being in the friend zone?
Isn't that just working at Payless ShoeSource?
Ah yes, the Al Bundy's of the world.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

I can post a link to his gallery; It's, perhaps unsurprisingly, on FA
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No, no I think we're good.

.......but post it just in case some weirdo wants to see it.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

(redacted)
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

This thread makes me wonder what is wrong with people, but then I remember that Toho considered at one point giving Godzilla a robot Waifu so perhaps this is just an accepted idea to sexualize Kaiju.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 pm This thread makes me wonder what is wrong with people, but then I remember that Toho considered at one point giving Godzilla a robot Waifu so perhaps this is just an accepted idea to sexualize Kaiju.
TBH, I honestly feel kinda bad in this case-I mean, I personally think it's a bit too weird (even for me) but it's not hurting anyone.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:44 pm This thread makes me wonder what is wrong with people, but then I remember that Toho considered at one point giving Godzilla a robot Waifu so perhaps this is just an accepted idea to sexualize Kaiju.
TBH, I honestly feel kinda bad in this case-I mean, I personally think it's a bit too weird (even for me) but it's not hurting anyone.
Entirely fair.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 pm
Entirely fair.
Got rid of it-Weird art is one thing, but actually sharing someone's gallery and stuff may seem a bit far. I don't want anyone to be the victim of a witch-hunt; granted, I know the folks here are better than that, but...IDK, I just felt bad

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:36 pm
godjacob wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:18 pm

Entirely fair.
Got rid of it-Weird art is one thing, but actually sharing someone's gallery and stuff may seem a bit far. I don't want anyone to be the victim of a witch-hunt; granted, I know the folks here are better than that, but...IDK, I just felt bad
I wish I could like a comment on here.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 am
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:40 pm Oh my god. You think r/monsterverse is cringe? Read the comments from default pic users under wikizilla articles. I just stumbled upon children skreeonking roleplaying in the comments of Showa Goji’s wiki. I can’t...i want to die
That RP was cringe, but made less cringe by the fact that the second guy responding was clearly a troll. What was worse for me was the Jurassic Park fanboy making arguments as to why Godzilla is definitely a dinosaur. That gave me PTSD to my deviantart days.

On that note, another example of deviantart cringe is the user dinossword, an old friend of mine, who always insisted Godzilla was a tyrannosaurus specifically. Why? Probably just awesomebro-ism. But his arguments for Godzilla being a Tyrannosaurus not only didnt make sense, but they were blatantly false at times. "He has a T.rex shaped head" No, he definitely doesn't. "Godzilla is intellegent, like a T.rex" T.rex wasnt very intelligent though. And whenever you brought up the fact that Godzilla has big arms with four to five fingers, he just said it was a mutation.
I mean, Tyrannosaurus Rex was pretty intelligent, but Godzilla is just on a whole different level, and any arguments that Godzilla is this specific dinosaur is kinda....well, nonsensical, because he never HAS been a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Also, in regards to what can be considered 'cringe', would fetish stuff be allowed? Because I do know an artist (not personally) who makes some...really, really, REALLY outlandish Godzilla 'art' (mostly via 3D models) involving a very niche and extreme fetish. On the one hand, I definitely cringe when I see it, but on the other hand...do I really have the right to judge and chide someone just cuz their interests don't match mine?
I wouldn't call Tyrannosaurus intelligent. It wasn't even all that smart by dinosaur standards, of course based on our knowledge at the moment and always possible to change when more information is available. I think a lot of people misunderstand the limits of dinosaur intelligence (Thanks, Jurassic Park). Even the smartest dinosaurs really aren't spectacularly intelligent, certainly nowhere near us. THAT BEING SAID, people also don't understand that intelligence isn't everything and certain dinosaurs didn't need to be super smart. When you have the greatest nose on the planet, eyes that far exceed that of eagles, and the most powerful jaws of any land predator to ever live, intelligence is kinda overkill at that point. So its just a weird aspect of AWESOMEBRO culture. Being smart makes a character cooler, so they attached that trait to Tyrannosaurus when it really isn't accurate.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

People who dick suck the hell out of certain kaiju, designs, incarnations, etc. I’ve been guilty of this, and we’ve all been guilty of this.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:27 pm
Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:55 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 am

That RP was cringe, but made less cringe by the fact that the second guy responding was clearly a troll. What was worse for me was the Jurassic Park fanboy making arguments as to why Godzilla is definitely a dinosaur. That gave me PTSD to my deviantart days.

On that note, another example of deviantart cringe is the user dinossword, an old friend of mine, who always insisted Godzilla was a tyrannosaurus specifically. Why? Probably just awesomebro-ism. But his arguments for Godzilla being a Tyrannosaurus not only didnt make sense, but they were blatantly false at times. "He has a T.rex shaped head" No, he definitely doesn't. "Godzilla is intellegent, like a T.rex" T.rex wasnt very intelligent though. And whenever you brought up the fact that Godzilla has big arms with four to five fingers, he just said it was a mutation.
I mean, Tyrannosaurus Rex was pretty intelligent, but Godzilla is just on a whole different level, and any arguments that Godzilla is this specific dinosaur is kinda....well, nonsensical, because he never HAS been a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Also, in regards to what can be considered 'cringe', would fetish stuff be allowed? Because I do know an artist (not personally) who makes some...really, really, REALLY outlandish Godzilla 'art' (mostly via 3D models) involving a very niche and extreme fetish. On the one hand, I definitely cringe when I see it, but on the other hand...do I really have the right to judge and chide someone just cuz their interests don't match mine?
I wouldn't call Tyrannosaurus intelligent. It wasn't even all that smart by dinosaur standards, of course based on our knowledge at the moment and always possible to change when more information is available. I think a lot of people misunderstand the limits of dinosaur intelligence (Thanks, Jurassic Park). Even the smartest dinosaurs really aren't spectacularly intelligent, certainly nowhere near us. THAT BEING SAID, people also don't understand that intelligence isn't everything and certain dinosaurs didn't need to be super smart. When you have the greatest nose on the planet, eyes that far exceed that of eagles, and the most powerful jaws of any land predator to ever live, intelligence is kinda overkill at that point. So its just a weird aspect of AWESOMEBRO culture. Being smart makes a character cooler, so they attached that trait to Tyrannosaurus when it really isn't accurate.
I've heard it was fairly intelligent by dinosaur standards, even by animal standards, although perhaps its intellect was indeed overblown-And Jurassic Park is definitely a bit too excessive in terms of making dinosaurs super anthropomorphic, and I doubt they'd be on par with, say, HUMANS. But I'd argue that they'd at least be very smart by reptile standards, which can be remarkably high (basic tool use has been recorded in fellow archosaurs such as Crocodiles, ditto cooperative hunting and advanced social displays; Komodo Dragons, while squamates rather than archosaurs, are also reported to be able to respond when called, can be 'target trained', and shows similar social behaviors)
Voyager wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:21 am People who dick suck the hell out of certain kaiju, designs, incarnations, etc. I’ve been guilty of this, and we’ve all been guilty of this.
Sad but true. I think anyone who can look at my post history will find I'm at least partially guilty of this.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:21 am People who dick suck the hell out of certain kaiju, designs, incarnations, etc. I’ve been guilty of this, and we’ve all been guilty of this.
Yeah fuck those guy's.

Luckily I've never done this.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:57 am
Yeah skreeonk those guy's.

I know right? You are definitely the least obsessive person I have seen around here. I'm 100% sure you don't have a shrine dedicated to Biogoji memorabilia or something of that sort.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dv-218 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:11 am
goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:57 am
Yeah skreeonk those guy's.

I know right? You are definitely the least obsessive person I have seen around here. I'm 100% sure you don't have a shrine dedicated to Biogoji memorabilia or something of that sort.
Yeah, I mean why obsess over one suit or kaiju when you have so many flavors to choose from, it's not like you LOVE one particular flavor than any other.

Nope not me.............

Idol worshipping sick fucks.

*clutches G89 figure*