Godzilla/Kaiju "Theories"

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju "Theories"

Post by Voyager »

Stefanos of Levanon wrote:There are three Showa Godzillas:
Raids again-Destroy all Monsters
Adult Minilla (Vs. Megalon-Terror of Mechagodzilla, including Zonefighter.)

The Godzilla of the future in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah is actually Adult Junior.
DAM takes place in 1999 and the 70s films and ZF take place in the 70s. Minya is still a child in 99. If Minya grew up to be adult Godzilla, he’d be the one from DAM, not the 70s Goji. Also, you forget to mention GvHedorah and GvGigan. 70s Goji is the same one from GRA and the 60s.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

So uh, just watched "Underwater" and my headcanon instantly connected Cloverfield and Underwater. Different studios, yeah. But again "headcanon".

The whole "deep sea drilling gone wrong, parasitic beasts attack, giant creature laying dormant, ends up waking up at the end, entire drilling base blows up" thing was straight out of the Cloverfield handbook. Then the shady Corporation says it will continue to do deep sea drilling. (If I were a betting man I'd bet the script was originally a Cloverfield prequel, which I'd love to see, even if it was just a clone of this)

Any huge plot holes in this?
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

My theory on Showa Gigan's backstory i recently came up with a few days ago:

Before the cockroaches we saw, the great Nebulan civilization enslaved the proto Gigan's species and used them as beasts of burden. Eventually, the Proto-Nebulans had the great misfortune of being targeted by King Ghidorah. To defend themselves, they sent out the space dinosaur that would be Gigan to drive it off. He was brutally injured but Ghidorah fled for the moment.

Thus as the anime prequel novels, Gigan ended up becoming Space Hunter Nebula M's savior. Constantly, he was spent out to fight Ghidorah, before being returned to be upgraded/rebuilt with cybernetics. On and on this went with one key difference.

Gigan was sentient.

And he H A T E D what he was doing.

Gigan was sick of being a tool, wanting to kill the beings that created him, slaughtered the rest of his race to extinction in their excess. Eventually, King Ghidorah arrived for another bout and sensed Gigan's rage. Realizing he was a kindred spirit, he freed Gigan and the two began their infamous alliance to slaughter the Nebula.

They left into the void to terroize other planets until being resummoned and controlled by the Cockroach Nebulans, leading to the Gigan we see in Vs Gigan, Vs Megalon and Zone Fighter.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Zilla/GINO was not “pregnant”; rather, at some point prior to the events of Godzilla (1998), he met and mated with a female mutant iguana. When she laid the eggs, he stored them in a brooding pouch in his groin area and eventually left to nest in New York. Only when he reached Madison Square Garden did he finally nest and “lay” the eggs.

For all intents and purposes, GINO’s like a male sea horse, or a male Darwin’s Frog.

Thus explaining why the second Godzilla from Godzilla: The Series could not reproduce.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Wouldn't it be easier to theorize that GINO's a parthenogenic female, and that the word of a biologist whose field of expertise is worms and utilized a human pregnancy test for a reptile shouldn't be taken without copious amounts of salt??
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

SoggyNoodles2016

Said this in another thread, but now that it seems gone without a trace and I've rethought about it because of the GVK marathon: the original King Kong was an young adult when he was caught by Denham. This is the reason for the size disparity between Skull Island and New York (25 to 50 feet): natural size growing.

Also, the reason he protects Anne isn't because he's attracted to her. Part of it is general loneliness and interest in this funny little thing, but mainly, it's because her white dress makes him think she's an albino like his son Kiko, so he attempts to take her back to the cave, protects her from predators, and tries to figure out why her fur is so tearable.

Added in 50 seconds:
NSZ wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:30 pm Wouldn't it be easier to theorize that GINO's a parthenogenic female, and that the word of a biologist whose field of expertise is worms and utilized a human pregnancy test for a reptile shouldn't be taken without copious amounts of salt??
Honestly, yeah. I mean, it's literally behind the scenes info they designed it as female.

TBH, I always took "He's pregnant!" and "a very unusual he" as like joke's Nick was making as he realized Zilla was pregnant then full on male that can rear young.

at worst, it was intended as female but that was the one line Toho wouldn't let them cross for some reason
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Matango were mutated by the same H-Bomb test that awoke the 1954 Godzilla.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gonna revive this thread from the dead. :KingGhidorah64:

Anime King Ghidorah is a deceased ghost, hence why he’s transparent and doesn’t obey the laws of physics. He once was far more powerful and had a physical body, but was destroyed in a great battle long ago.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:16 pm The Matango were mutated by the same H-Bomb test that awoke the 1954 Godzilla.
Infant Island also had mutated flora in the cave, so it's a good theory.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The space-faring Ghidorahs are proxies or descendants of Anime Ghidorah. Showa, MV, GKG, Evangelion, for example. Speaking of Evangelion, Anime Ghidorah is an angel.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

The Queen Bitch in the scrapped 1998 sequel script was intended to be that universe's Mothra, with Queen Bitch being a placeholder name until

It's egg is kept in a giant greenhouse and menaced by Godzilla?

Giant bug who's an enemy of Godzilla?

Sony still was pursuing the rights to her and Ghidorah for sequels up until the total box office hit?

Plus don't act like the two guys who made Godzilla a giant iguanasaur trying to nest in peace wouldn't turn a beautiful goddes of peace into a giant swarm queen

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Anime Ghidorah is the snake from Genesis. God banished Ghidorah to another realm, which is the Godzilla multiverse, whereas his original realm was an Evangelion universe. Ghidorah had tricked and fought Adam and Lilith.
For Emperor and Empire!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:20 pm Anime Ghidorah is the snake from Genesis. God banished Ghidorah to another realm, which is the Godzilla multiverse, whereas his original realm was an Evangelion universe. Ghidorah had tricked and fought Adam and Lilith.
....what
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Shouldn't a theory at least be somewhat grounded by what a work of fiction tells you?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Yeah don’t know what i was thinking. That’s stupid. I’m stupid.

:(
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I wouldn't call it an inherently stupid idea, it's just not supported by anything in the movie.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Well that’s the beauty of it. We have no idea about Ghidorah’s past. What I said could be in some weird interdimensional shenanigan that happened at the dawn of time, billions of years ago. There’s nothing to support it but nothing that says otherwise. As for the Evangelion part that nothing supports it, sure, but it could just be like the ride where Godzilla and King Ghidorah magically show up. It’s not the Eva universe in the show or movies, but rather a similar one akin to the ride.
For Emperor and Empire!

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

The Mysterians' Moguera weren't intended to be used as weapons, rather, they were originally meant for construction purposes. The Mysterian refugees made modifications to them that were basically the equivalent to bolting a .50 cal. machine gun onto a backhoe.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

This theory has been moved into Kaiju headcanon
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Voyager wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:05 pm Well that’s the beauty of it. We have no idea about Ghidorah’s past. What I said could be in some weird interdimensional shenanigan that happened at the dawn of time, billions of years ago. There’s nothing to support it but nothing that says otherwise. As for the Evangelion part that nothing supports it, sure, but it could just be like the ride where Godzilla and King Ghidorah magically show up. It’s not the Eva universe in the show or movies, but rather a similar one akin to the ride.
This would be more a head canon than an actual theory, though. Because while there is nothing that says it can't be this way, there is also literally nothing to say it IS this way.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.