Godzilla's screentime in the G series

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla's screentime in the G series

Post by szmigiel »

On http://jokercluster.blogspot.com/ I have been going through each film and doing daikaiju runtime and screen time.

Runtime is how long scenes with the daikaiju are from when they appear to when they leave.
The screen time is an estimate based on using a stopwatch to record any visual part of a daikaiju on screen, full body, tail, foot, fin, head, etc… It maybe off by a few seconds but should be fairly accurate.

I am almost done with the Showa era and will hopefully be keeping up 1 a week till finished.

I started this project because of the discussion of Godzilla screen after the 2014 and couldn't find anyone that had it recorded it. I am trying to be as accurate as I can. Hopefully once completed I can make a spreadsheet that can be sorted in various ways.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

szmigiel wrote:On http://jokercluster.blogspot.com/ I have been going through each film and doing daikaiju runtime and screen time.

Runtime is how long scenes with the daikaiju are from when they appear to when they leave.
The screen time is an estimate based on using a stopwatch to record any visual part of a daikaiju on screen, full body, tail, foot, fin, head, etc… It maybe off by a few seconds but should be fairly accurate.

I am almost done with the Showa era and will hopefully be keeping up 1 a week till finished.

I started this project because of the discussion of Godzilla screen after the 2014 and couldn't find anyone that had it recorded it. I am trying to be as accurate as I can. Hopefully once completed I can make a spreadsheet that can be sorted in various ways.
This is very cool. Thanks!

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

szmigiel wrote:On http://jokercluster.blogspot.com/ I have been going through each film and doing daikaiju runtime and screen time.

Ah, thank you! This is amazing work you're doing, VERY thorough! :D