The Unused Concept Art Thread!

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Unused Concept Art Thread!

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Zaragas almost looked a lot more beetle-like.

Added in 1 month 6 days 6 hours 22 minutes 24 seconds:
Look at this Godzilla vs Ghidorah art and tell me that the final film was better. I dare you.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Look at this Godzilla vs Ghidorah art and tell me that the final film was better. I dare you.
Very badass art piece but I'm not really a fan of the chinese dragon style mustaches and other hangy bits. I much prefer the film design. Godzilla looks pretty cool. I like how stacked his arms are.

Although the art itself is beautiful. It looks like an old painting
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Look at this Godzilla vs Ghidorah art and tell me that the final film was better. I dare you.
I love the Chineae dragon whiskers, but Ghidorahs heads look a tad too much like Godzilla's here. Fix those and i agree!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote:Some Shin Godzilla concept art.

You know I wouldn't mind seeing Godzilla drop to all fours sometimes to pick up speed when he needed to. See him scurry at rapid bursts of speed like a gigantic desert lizard or something.
First thing that came to my mind was Dark Souls' Gaping Dragon. Really creepy idea.

Added in 1 minute 35 seconds:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Look at this Godzilla vs Ghidorah art and tell me that the final film was better. I dare you.
I'm quite a fan of those concept arts showing Ghidorah with catfish-like heads. Really suits him along with the manes.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The final film was better.....sorry, someone had to do it.

It's a great piece of art, and KG looks good there, but KG's heads are more sea monster than space monster. It works better for a hydra inspired foe than an alien dragon.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'll be the first guy to admit most of Kong's concept art for KSI was really ugly. This is the only one i like.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:22 pm I'll be the first guy to admit most of Kong's concept art for KSI was really ugly. This is the only one i like.

I'd say these are good, too.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's a redesign of Ultraman that would have been seen in a 1981 American film where he would've fought intelligent dinosaurs.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm Here's a redesign of Ultraman that would have been seen in a 1981 American film where he would've fought intelligent dinosaurs.
Honestly i'm 50/50 on it. It looks nice on paper, but what would be the point of making Ultraman a robot?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:23 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:43 pm Here's a redesign of Ultraman that would have been seen in a 1981 American film where he would've fought intelligent dinosaurs.
Honestly i'm 50/50 on it. It looks nice on paper, but what would be the point of making Ultraman a robot?
Tell that to Eiichi Shimizu.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

That would be a good design to draw from for a powered-up version of the original Ultraman.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Here's another Heisei Mechagodzilla.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:23 am Here's another Heisei Mechagodzilla.

It looks okay. That face is pretty bad, though

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I honestly like this more than the poster version and the one we got in the film.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

It definitely looks like it's a military weapon with that army green.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

[]https://wikizilla.org/w/images/d/de/Con ... illa_3.png[/]
I feel like the eyes are a little too high up on the head, move them down a little more and then it'd turn out pretty good. Green's also not half bad a color for MG, or at least on this design.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, Mechagodzilla isn't the only kaiju who used a scrapped design in the Ohrai posters.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:18 am Apparently, Mechagodzilla isn't the only kaiju who used a scrapped design in the Ohrai posters.
Actually the blue color scheme looks really nice! I kinda wish they kept that.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I love Godzilla's design in the upper left hand corner. Much as the finished design in the film will go down as one of my two favorite designs ever, a part of me wished they used this design. He looks like a truly menacing re-modernization of the 1954 Godzilla here.

I'm also a huge fan of this art piece.

I think the idea of Reiwa Godzilla splitting into two seperate Godzillas is a terrifying idea that, should a sequel to Shin Godzilla be made, should be exploited.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:37 pm I love Godzilla's design in the upper left hand corner. Much as the finished design in the film will go down as one of my two favorite designs ever, a part of me wished they used this design. He looks like a truly menacing re-modernization of the 1954 Godzilla here.

I'm also a huge fan of this art piece.

I think the idea of Reiwa Godzilla splitting into two seperate Godzillas is a terrifying idea that, should a sequel to Shin Godzilla be made, should be exploited.
I mentioned this design here! Here's the art that made me fall in love with it.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.